CoPilot Live Traffic and Text-to-speech now live

Guest philly-d

Guest philly-d
thumb_06-Feb-2010_Liveserv.PNG
As mentioned in a previous post CoPilot was due to add Text to Speech and Live Traffic services to CoPilot 8.

Well it's just been spotted that both the Text-to-Speech and Premium Live Services are now available!

"TTS" is just £3.59 for the lifetime of your product and the "Premium Live Services" subscription is £19.99 for 12 months for UK and N. Ireland.

Simply log into CoPilot Central or purchase on their website.

Thanks to jonlad for spotting it ;)

Ok - can someone explain the difference between TTS for EU Major and TTS for Pan EU please??

Rik

teh description certainly suggests it's the same thing..

I reckon it's a cockup ;)

Guest rikwebb

Well I have just purchased TTS Pan EU

Download and installed

Upgraded with the supplied activation key

and now I have no sound at all

Tried going back to normal voice - nadda

Even the button clicks have stopped working.......

Restore default settings does get back the normal voices, but as soon as you install TTS - all sound stops again

I wish they would test these things before releasing them.

Rik

Well I have just purchased TTS Pan EU

Download and installed

Upgraded with the supplied activation key

and now I have no sound at all

Tried going back to normal voice - nadda

Even the button clicks have stopped working.......

Restore default settings does get back the normal voices, but as soon as you install TTS - all sound stops again

I wish they would test these things before releasing them.

Rik

Weird I bought the pan europe to try it and it works fine..

Guest rikwebb

Sod sod sod sod -

I've just bought the other (Major) and its still broken.... thats 2 lots of cash wasted - and getting a refund will be fun.

I wonder if its because I have the HD2 with its 'different' version.

Rik

Sod sod sod sod -

I've just bought the other (Major) and its still broken.... thats 2 lots of cash wasted - and getting a refund will be fun.

I wonder if its because I have the HD2 with its 'different' version.

Rik

Rik,

You need to upgrade your version on your phone to (8.0.0.620 with TTS) I had exactly the same problem and I was on 8.0.0.346 on a TD2. Unfortunately its an un-install then re-install new version, but it keeps all the personal settings / preferences / favourites / recent places / POI's etc from the previous version.

jonlad

Guest jonboyuk
Rik,

You need to upgrade your version on your phone to (8.0.0.620 with TTS) I had exactly the same problem and I was on 8.0.0.346 on a TD2. Unfortunately its an un-install then re-install new version, but it keeps all the personal settings / preferences / favourites / recent places / POI's etc from the previous version.

jonlad

Actually there could be a problem there. He has an HD2 and as yet, they refuse to allow HD2 users to upgrade YET. (something to do with Pinch 2 zoom and other HD2 features not in other builds apparently). IMO a huge ALK cock up allowing HD2 users to purchase upgrades, but not allow them to install builds that allow them to operate!! Complain ASAP Rik, maybe they will release an updated version quicker now they've gone and put themselves in this position.

I can't even see the TTS option on my central GRRRRRRR. My CoPilot account seems to be cocked up. (I upgraded from 7 which I got with an old 02 HTC phone). When I log into central, there's nothing available to buy, but when I log out I can see TTS, Traffic, etc. However It won't let me buy things unless I'm logged in. Catch 22 I hear you cry? Well....yes. Any ideas what I can do short of crying at ALK support?

Guest rikwebb

Well I have done the update that JonLad suggested and all now works ;)

I even have local search working.

It does look slightly different, ans pinch & zoom doesnt work anymore but hey hum

Come on ALK - get it sorted !!

Thanks JonLad :D

Rik

Guest wilkhaven

I'm on version 8.0.0.346 and TTS does not work. However both Co-Pilot and Central insist that there are no updates for the software.....

How do ALK always manage to screw things up so comprehensively...?

Well I have done the update that JonLad suggested and all now works ;)

I even have local search working.

It does look slightly different, ans pinch & zoom doesnt work anymore but hey hum

Come on ALK - get it sorted !!

Thanks JonLad :D

Rik

how did you guys get the update for 8.0.0.620? Central just says Get update for my version (8.0.0.557) but only shows a bunch of voices for download. Can you guys share the CAB file for 8.0.0.620? Central sucks big time! you can PM me a link to the cab if possbile...thanks for your help.

Guest wilkhaven

I emailed ALK support and they sent me the direct link, if you still need it them PM me.

Once installed TTS works a treat and Live Local Search is also available. TTS is much better than in CP7 too, much less robotic and more human, well worth a few quid.

Guest SilentBob

I've got to say, CoPilot 8 does look really quite good. I've not used it since v6, but I am quite tempted (especially at just £26). One thing baffles me though...

TTS is now a premium service? This was standard in v6, and it was cr@p. Couldn't understand it most of the time. I would hope that now it is a premium service that it has seen major improvements, so that you can concentrate on driving instead of directing all your concentration on deciphering all the fragmented digitised talk coming from CoPilot.

Can anyone who uses TTS on v8 comment on how good (i.e. clear & easy to understand) the voices are?

Thanks.

Edit: I should have ready the comment above mine really. ;)

Edited by SilentBob

Guest wilkhaven
I've got to say, CoPilot 8 does look really quite good. I've not used it since v6, but I am quite tempted (especially at just £26). One thing baffles me though...

TTS is now a premium service? This was standard in v6, and it was cr@p. Couldn't understand it most of the time. I would hope that now it is a premium service that it has seen major improvements, so that you can concentrate on driving instead of directing all your concentration on deciphering all the fragmented digitised talk coming from CoPilot.

Can anyone who uses TTS on v8 comment on how good (i.e. clear & easy to understand) the voices are?

Thanks.

Edit: I should have ready the comment above mine really. :D

There is only one voice available for the UK TTS, a female but she is very natural sounding - much less computerised than CP7. I used it today for the first long journey and she gives very good directions with either road numbers or names. I don't know if ALK are going to sell the standard version with built in TTS for a few quid more rather than making people pay another 3-4 quid to get it added on (although it is a lifetime purchase). Personally I think that less than £30 all in for the whole package is a good deal - and I much prefer CP to Tomtom personally.

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.