Warrenty void if rooted?

Guest Charlton22

Hello guys!

Im interested in rooting my phone, but i'm afraid that the warrenty will be void if rooted?

Can any one confirm please?

Thanks

I wouldn't return my phone to Acer rooted, but you can always un-root your device, if you need to use the warranty services.

Guest Charlton22
I wouldn't return my phone to Acer rooted, but you can always un-root your device, if you need to use the warranty services.

Therefor you saying that its possible to un-root the device?

And how this could be done?

Thanks

This would be nice!

Therefor you saying that its possible to un-root the device?

And how this could be done?

Thanks

This would be nice!

I think the most easiest way is to use the Acer Tool to flash your device with a stock rom. On the other hand, if you managed to root your device, then you can probably flash it back with a boot.img that doesn't have a rooting ramdisk. There is a thread with stock boot.img's that can be used for this.

Guest Charlton22
I think the most easiest way is to use the Acer Tool to flash your device with a stock rom. On the other hand, if you managed to root your device, then you can probably flash it back with a boot.img that doesn't have a rooting ramdisk. There is a thread with stock boot.img's that can be used for this.

Cannot locate the thread...

Have any one tried an un-root of the acer liquid?

Guest lucian785

You can unroot the phone by flashing a bin file with acer tool, BUT YOU WILL definitely VOID you warranty if the bin version is not the same as the phone shipped rom. By the way there is no HK CSL bin rom only img files.

rom thread - http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...cer-liquid-rom/

Edited by lucian785

Guest Charlton22
You can unroot the phone by flashing a bin file with acer tool, BUT YOU WILL definitely VOID you warranty if the bin version is not the same as the phone shipped rom. By the way there is no HK CSL bin rom only img files.

rom thread - http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...cer-liquid-rom/

Myne is Acer_Liquid_1.002.02_EMEA_GEN1

So? Is this version avaliavle to unroot? And can acer support that the phone had been rooted before?

Guest lucian785
Myne is Acer_Liquid_1.002.02_EMEA_GEN1

So? Is this version avaliavle to unroot? And can acer support that the phone had been rooted before?

If you reflash the phone with the same image 1.002.02_EMEA_GEN1 they cant't tell if the phone was rooted before ,but i didnt't found any 1.002.02_EMEA_GEN1 rom in bin format. So...is your choice to root the Liquid.

Or wait for Acer to realease an update for your version...after that you can root because you can flash back with a image that was meant for your device. ( if the will realease a bin format not OTA- over the air).

Edited by lucian785

Guest Charlton22
If you reflash the phone with the same image 1.002.02_EMEA_GEN1 they cant't tell if the phone was rooted before ,but i didnt't found any 1.002.02_EMEA_GEN1 rom in bin format. So...is your choice to root the Liquid.

Or wait for Acer to realease an update for your version...after that you can root because you can flash back with a image that was meant for your device. ( if the will realease a bin format not OTA- over the air).

Ok thanks Lucian, and what about the update? Is there any date?

Hello guys!

Im interested in rooting my phone, but i'm afraid that the warrenty will be void if rooted?

Can any one confirm please?

Thanks

You stock rom is Acer_Liquid_1.002.02_EMEA_GEN1.

On thing you need to know is that if you only use img file to modify you phone you can restore original img file if you made a nandroid backup first.

If you use a bin file with acer download tool, it will change the baseband version too (let's say it a king of radio firware).

Even if you restore a nandroid backup with you original backuped files, the baseband will remain updated.

So aftersale service will see you made some unwarrantied operations on your phone. If you really want to be able de revert to out of box state, only use img files (and fastboot flash) to change you boot (rooting) and system.

In that way your baseband will never be updated and you will always be able to restore as the first day (One the other side you won't beneficit of battery usage improvements that were included in latest baseband).

Personnaly i still use original baseband (as you) : A1-01.02.01 but I use 2.000.16_EMEA_GEN1 system and rooted boot. Battery life is not really good (about 5% an hour) but eveything can be reverted. The lack of Acer_Liquid_1.002.02_EMEA_GEN1 in bin format made us unable to revert baseband version, so I refuse to change it (for the moment).

Guest Charlton22
You stock rom is Acer_Liquid_1.002.02_EMEA_GEN1.

On thing you need to know is that if you only use img file to modify you phone you can restore original img file if you made a nandroid backup first.

If you use a bin file with acer download tool, it will change the baseband version too (let's say it a king of radio firware).

Even if you restore a nandroid backup with you original backuped files, the baseband will remain updated.

So aftersale service will see you made some unwarrantied operations on your phone. If you really want to be able de revert to out of box state, only use img files (and fastboot flash) to change you boot (rooting) and system.

In that way your baseband will never be updated and you will always be able to restore as the first day (One the other side you won't beneficit of battery usage improvements that were included in latest baseband).

Personnaly i still use original baseband (as you) : A1-01.02.01 but I use 2.000.16_EMEA_GEN1 system and rooted boot. Battery life is not really good (about 5% an hour) but eveything can be reverted. The lack of Acer_Liquid_1.002.02_EMEA_GEN1 in bin format made us unable to revert baseband version, so I refuse to change it (for the moment).

Sorry I just rechecked the build number and its 1.002.05_EMEA_GEN1

Is he img file available for this version? what about bin file for this version?

Thanks

Sorry I just rechecked the build number and its 1.002.05_EMEA_GEN1

Is he img file available for this version? what about bin file for this version?

Thanks

The first bin file I have is Acer_Liquid_1.004.00. I have img file for 1.002.03-EMEA-GEN1-images.zip (yours is .5). Do a nandroid backup using lickonn recovery and you will have your own img files stored in /nandroid in your sd card. Copy them on your computer after. Don't flash recovery, first try fastboot -i 0x0502 boot recovery.img and launch a nandroid backup. In that way you will backup original recovery.img image (could you send me original recovery image as I don't have it). Then flash recovery.