How to do a Nandroid Bakup..[Newbie]

Guest umair9001

Guest umair9001

I Just newly got an Acer Liquid A1..Now the thing is I am really new to this..I have read a lot of the nandroid backup and things..but i am unable to get any understanding of how to do it..

Can you please suggest a way or write out something which can help me on this..

Thanks.. ;)

Guest three_pineapples

You may want to look at this tutorial (written by me! ;) )

http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?p...omRecoveryImage

It will explain how to install Lickonn's recovery image, which has the capability to create/restore a nandroid backup.

There are also lots of other useful tutorials here:

http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?p...AcerLiquidGuide

Guest umair9001

I read this tutorial, but i can't simply figure out 1 thing, this custom recovery image, doest it reload the whole android? will it flash my cell back to factory or something?

I am really really confused with this, thats all.

Also,

I rooted, but whenever it asks for SU permissions, it gets stuck there with no where to go.

Can i upgrade my Acer to 2.0, if so which is the best build/leak so far?

Thanks. ;)

Guest three_pineapples
I read this tutorial, but i can't simply figure out 1 thing, this custom recovery image, doest it reload the whole android? will it flash my cell back to factory or something?

I am really really confused with this, thats all.

Also,

I rooted, but whenever it asks for SU permissions, it gets stuck there with no where to go.

Can i upgrade my Acer to 2.0, if so which is the best build/leak so far?

Thanks. ;)

1) the recovery image just overwrites a small section of the phone that deals with recovery (sorry that's not more clear). It doesn't overwrite the system OS, apps, or your data!

2) With the root, try rooting it again (run the .bat from command line, rather than double clicking on the file). I had a similar issue where it would hang when asking for su permission. Rooting it again fixed it!

3) No 2.0 roms yet, and probably won't be for a while. Acer have told one user we should see a free official upgrade to android 2.1 in march!

4) Nothing in my guide should destroy apps or data. The only way to do that is to flash a new ROM onto your phone (like 2.000.16 using the Acer download tool) but i don't cover that in my guide since i couldn't make it work for me on windows 7 x64 :D

Hope that helps! feel free to ask more questions!