Scary Liquid?Scary Screen!Horrible Pictures!

Guest hearthewind

Guest muzaman

Hi to all,

I've just bought an acer liquid at Barcelona and as ı unpacked it ı realized it had the same annoying issue you describe here. The store where ı bought the phone claims it's out of warranty and ı must contact Acer for support.

Has anyone solved this issue with spanish Acer support successfully? May ı send it to italy?

Any help will be appreciated!!

Thanks

Guest D3StRoY

Out of the box damn, if so its their production line that's really faulty, or did they all tested the acer liquid IN liquid ? lol

Guest Borkata
Hi to all,

I've just bought an acer liquid at Barcelona and as ı unpacked it ı realized it had the same annoying issue you describe here. The store where ı bought the phone claims it's out of warranty and ı must contact Acer for support.

Has anyone solved this issue with spanish Acer support successfully? May ı send it to italy?

Any help will be appreciated!!

Thanks

Isn't there in Spain any return policy. Here in my country if a fault is found in anything bought within 3 days seller must change with new.

Guest koudelka

So, most people have dropped their phone to get this problem? ( except the ones that got it out of box). It seems to always be in upper right corner, are people using headphones alot with the phone? I don't have this problem myself but I managed to break my headphone jack so now the sound is switching from left and right ear when I use headphones. It seems to me there must be some build error in the upper right corner that makes it fragile. I am also using the white version. Maybe it is time to get bluetooth headset?

Guest muzaman

Hi again,

The store got rid of the problem beacuse I returned the phone three days after buying it, and its policy is to change wrong products in 24h. The problem was the phone was a present for my wife and we unpacked it three days after buying it. I already wrote a complain to the store but they don't care.

Now I'll try to contact Acer to tell my problem but I'm afraid Spanish Acer won't change my phone, I'm guessing if it's better to start asking at Acer Italy or Acer Portugal since many people got new phones. Has anyone at Spain managed to solve this issue? Is it possible to contact Acer Italy instead of Acer Spain buying a phone at Barcelona?

As most of you, I also have the upper right corner damaged.

Many thanks

Edited by muzaman

Guest jerichoferreira
Hi again,

The store got rid of the problem beacuse I returned the phone three days after buying it, and its policy is to change wrong products in 24h. The problem was the phone was a present for my wife and we unpacked it three days after buying it. I already wrote a complain to the store but they don't care.

Now I'll try to contact Acer to tell my problem but I'm afraid Spanish Acer won't change my phone, I'm guessing if it's better to start asking at Acer Italy or Acer Portugal since many people got new phones. Has anyone at Spain managed to solve this issue? Is it possible to contact Acer Italy instead of Acer Spain buying a phone at Barcelona?

As most of you, I also have the upper right corner damaged.

Many thanks

Hi There.

There are no dedicated Acer in Portugal. It´s Acer Iberia (Spain and Portugal), because my phone was repaired in Barcelona. The Iberia Call Center is also in Barcelona. My Liquid was defective (the camera didn´t work at all), so they replaced the old and i got a new one. I advise you to check the return policy again, because in europe, by law, the stores are obligated to accept defective material 15 days after purchase (unless you got a B-Stock phone).

Regards,

jericho

Edited by jerichoferreira

Guest muzaman

Hi,

I just opened a support request to send my phone to Italy... hope they accept it even though I'm from Spain... I'll keep you updated!

Thanks

Edited by muzaman

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Shange

To you with damaged screen: which manufacture date and color has the phone? (date is at buttom of box "MFG Date".)

Mine is a white from dec 2009. Im thinking of selling it due to this issue (screen is not broken yet though).

Edited by Shange

Guest muzaman

Hi,

They're finally sending me a new phone in exchange. I'm also wondering if it's better to sell it or keep it... how's it going to the others who got a new phone? Do you have any MFG reliable?

Thanks

Guest dani.187

hy, I am new aroud here, and i have a s100 with another problem ...

mine has an intact display, but the rest is quite brohen ...

so i nead an FUNCTIONAL phone with the display smashed ... anyoane cam thing of a solution ...

i serch for 2 days spare parts ... did't found anything ;)((

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...114#post6874114 at first i belive it was the unoficial update ... hell no :((((

Edited by dani.187

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Arkvil
hy, I am new aroud here, and i have a s100 with another problem ...

mine has an intact display, but the rest is quite brohen ...

so i nead an FUNCTIONAL phone with the display smashed ... anyoane cam thing of a solution ...

i serch for 2 days spare parts ... did't found anything :lol:((

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...114#post6874114 at first i belive it was the unoficial update ... hell no :D(((

oh, i broke my phone's display few days ago; now i have almost functional phone, but sixs part of display doesnt work:( sensor is ok

Guest dani.187
oh, i broke my phone's display few days ago; now i have almost functional phone, but sixs part of display doesnt work:( sensor is ok

what do you mean by sensor ... touch sensor shoud be ok ...

and an update for my problem ... i got lucky i foud a acer with a broke display i expect the phone this weak on 16/17

ohh, i forgot somethig the g-sensor where is located ..

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Rajit

i dropped my liquid from about 5 feet high... it fell on hard concrete floor, right at the weak spot.. the strong impact made the back cover come off and the battery came out... some scrathes on top rim... but my screen is FINE and my phone works as well as it used to... guess im real lucky

• 2 weeks later...
Guest iakonadub

Has anyone installed a replacement screen if so do you have pictures or instructions on how to do so? My phone will turn on and the touch screen works, but the there is no image. I bought the touch screen and the LCD off ebay.

Guest Charlton22
Does anyone know where I can purchase a replacement cover? I'm talking about the entire housing.

Yep! I will also be interested in the black case and the Ferrari case....

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

Anyone with stuck pixels?

I head one on 15/08 than run the Pixel Fixer and by the night it was fine. Next morning when unplugg the Liquid and turn the screen on the stuck pixel apear again!!! :D

Since yesterday i have been running programs but the stuck pixel remains stuck! :D

Already reached Acer but now response from them so far.

Any sugestions to solve the problem?

Cumps