Somebody could explain me the notation of the ROM's names?

Guest rondstif

Guest rondstif

First, sorry for my english hehe.

I've bougth an Acer Liquid last week, and I want to change my ROM, but first, I need get my ROM version (I have "Acer_Liquid_1.004.02_EMEA_GEN1"). I need this if I have to use the warranty.

But the purpose of this topic isn't only that somebody gives me this ROM, the purpose is that somebody tell me the notation of the ROM's please! Cause I've looking for ROMS and there is a lot of notations: 1.001, 1.004, 1.008... but not the complete name. For example, I have the 1.004 version, but the next two digits are '02'. What is the meaning of this digits? Always the ROM's which beggining is 1.004 next two digits are '02'? My ROM version is the same that ROM 1.004.01 for example? I don't understand!

What I have clear is that EMEA means European hehe... and GEN1 is the same for all European ROM's, isn't?

Thank you!

Guest sss_ddk
First, sorry for my english hehe.

I've bougth an Acer Liquid last week, and I want to change my ROM, but first, I need get my ROM version (I have "Acer_Liquid_1.004.02_EMEA_GEN1"). I need this if I have to use the warranty.

But the purpose of this topic isn't only that somebody gives me this ROM, the purpose is that somebody tell me the notation of the ROM's please! Cause I've looking for ROMS and there is a lot of notations: 1.001, 1.004, 1.008... but not the complete name. For example, I have the 1.004 version, but the next two digits are '02'. What is the meaning of this digits? Always the ROM's which beggining is 1.004 next two digits are '02'? My ROM version is the same that ROM 1.004.01 for example? I don't understand!

What I have clear is that EMEA means European hehe... and GEN1 is the same for all European ROM's, isn't?

Thank you!

I'm not an expert but i'll give you a half answer till someone gives you more detail (or corrects me)

Version number is just that. It increments with each modification. Minor changes end up in the rightmost digits. More important changes are reflected by higher version numbers on the left.

What is important to know (i think) is what improvements a specific version number gives (battery life, general fixed bugs) and the languages supported.

what i know is that AAL is for asian languages +english, and EMEA is for european languages. If you have an EMEA ROM, go for the latest 2.xxxx.16 found on these forums. It gave me better battery life (MUCH better) plus a few more widgets (some of which are interesting)

hope this helps.

Guest rondstif
I'm not an expert but i'll give you a half answer till someone gives you more detail (or corrects me)

Version number is just that. It increments with each modification. Minor changes end up in the rightmost digits. More important changes are reflected by higher version numbers on the left.

What is important to know (i think) is what improvements a specific version number gives (battery life, general fixed bugs) and the languages supported.

what i know is that AAL is for asian languages +english, and EMEA is for european languages. If you have an EMEA ROM, go for the latest 2.xxxx.16 found on these forums. It gave me better battery life (MUCH better) plus a few more widgets (some of which are interesting)

hope this helps.

Oh! Very thanks for your answer!

I have downloaded the 2.xxxx version, but I want originals because if I have a problem the warranty hehe. The 2.xxxx versions are original or modified by someone? The case is that today I have selected the menu option that gives me the chance of update my system, but the program answer was that there aren't new versions! it was amazing because I have the 1.004 version. I supossed that the program tell me that there are some new version.

And the battery life is big?

Guest sss_ddk

for warranty you need the original rom that came with your phone.unless stated otherwise by the poster,rom leaks are not modified.but they are unofficial leaks which its why you will not see them in the system update.there is probably un official update coming in march bringing android 2 to the masses.before my battery lasted 12 hours with average consumption.now it easily lasts a day and a half.you can always flash your old rom back from this forum repository if you need to return it.

Oh! Very thanks for your answer!

I have downloaded the 2.xxxx version, but I want originals because if I have a problem the warranty hehe. The 2.xxxx versions are original or modified by someone? The case is that today I have selected the menu option that gives me the chance of update my system, but the program answer was that there aren't new versions! it was amazing because I have the 1.004 version. I supossed that the program tell me that there are some new version.

And the battery life is big?

Guest rondstif
for warranty you need the original rom that came with your phone.unless stated otherwise by the poster,rom leaks are not modified.but they are unofficial leaks which its why you will not see them in the system update.there is probably un official update coming in march bringing android 2 to the masses.before my battery lasted 12 hours with average consumption.now it easily lasts a day and a half.you can always flash your old rom back from this forum repository if you need to return it.

And where is that repository in the forum? I have found this topic: http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...cer-liquid-rom/ where are some ROM´s. Are this ROM´s official? it will serve to the warranty? The 1.004 version is the version that I have, but I´m not sure if this version will be mine, because my version is the 1.004.02, and in that topic only is showed 1.004. Ohh that mess!

Guest sss_ddk
And where is that repository in the forum? I have found this topic: http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...cer-liquid-rom/ where are some ROM´s. Are this ROM´s official? it will serve to the warranty? The 1.004 version is the version that I have, but I´m not sure if this version will be mine, because my version is the 1.004.02, and in that topic only is showed 1.004. Ohh that mess!

If you haven't modified your ROM yet (Rooting or something else) you can back up your ROM partitions for later use. Search this forum for HOWTO's. Then you can flash back your original ROM if you need the warranty.

The link you gave is as close to a repository as i can find. You can always ask for someone who has the same original ROM as yours to upload his backup. Or you can wait till acer release their official ROM in march and use that as an official ROM to flash before returning your phone for warranty

PS: I didn't know much about this stuff before joining this forum. If you take a tour through the many topics you will learn quite much from real experts who often provide links to other forums or tutorials with interesting content.

Guest rondstif
If you haven't modified your ROM yet (Rooting or something else) you can back up your ROM partitions for later use. Search this forum for HOWTO's. Then you can flash back your original ROM if you need the warranty.

The link you gave is as close to a repository as i can find. You can always ask for someone who has the same original ROM as yours to upload his backup. Or you can wait till acer release their official ROM in march and use that as an official ROM to flash before returning your phone for warranty

PS: I didn't know much about this stuff before joining this forum. If you take a tour through the many topics you will learn quite much from real experts who often provide links to other forums or tutorials with interesting content.

Two days ago, I saw some related with ROM backup, but it seem very difficult hehe. But now it's very late, because yesterday I rooted my Liquid ;)

And learn reading the topics yes, but my main problem is that I'm spanish and I have some problems with the english hehe, but I will read more.

Well, thanks a lot for your answers! I'll keep looking for my ROM, I hope that I will found it in order to can put a different ROM in my Acer. Greetings!