Grr rom issues!

Guest mackrox

Guest mackrox

I am continuously having to reboot my Omnia. I'm using NuROM Flotatium (one with weather on home screen). I'm using Spam alert, which I absolutely love (why isn't someone making a better version of it?) But sweet jesus my phone is buggy. Constantly, freezes, lags, etc. The main problem is when I say go to open the dialer, I have to rotate my phone to update the screen. It's as it stops rendering to the screen.

Any ideas on what's going on? Seems like every rom I install is bugged to hell for me. I really like this rom so far, it's just the issues are absolutely annoying! I'm seriously considering just going back to default.

And no, I don't need a new phone. My upgrade is in June. This is sticking with me till then.

I am continuously having to reboot my Omnia. I'm using NuROM Flotatium (one with weather on home screen). I'm using Spam alert, which I absolutely love (why isn't someone making a better version of it?) But sweet jesus my phone is buggy. Constantly, freezes, lags, etc. The main problem is when I say go to open the dialer, I have to rotate my phone to update the screen. It's as it stops rendering to the screen.

Any ideas on what's going on? Seems like every rom I install is bugged to hell for me. I really like this rom so far, it's just the issues are absolutely annoying! I'm seriously considering just going back to default.

And no, I don't need a new phone. My upgrade is in June. This is sticking with me till then.

sometimes its good to clean house.. ;)

What I mean by that is have you formatted your "storage memory" recently before you load in a new rom??

If you are always trying new roms, sometimes files get left behind that effect the new rom your adding.

Adding a new rom only effects the "main memory" but old stuff in "storage memory" can cause problems.

Its worth a try to eliminate your issues .

If your using a XDA_ type program installer you may have some old stuff in there..

Hope some of this helps.....

:D :(

Guest mackrox
sometimes its good to clean house.. ;)

What I mean by that is have you formatted your "storage memory" recently before you load in a new rom??

If you are always trying new roms, sometimes files get left behind that effect the new rom your adding.

Adding a new rom only effects the "main memory" but old stuff in "storage memory" can cause problems.

Its worth a try to eliminate your issues .

If your using a XDA_ type program installer you may have some old stuff in there..

Hope some of this helps.....

:D :(

Thanks, it's hard to keep having to install roms because I have important calls/emails/text messages that make me money.. So I have to backup everything, then reinstall it. I'll do it sometime. My memory usage is fine.. I have considered just going back to the stock rom.

Guest rfarrah
Thanks, it's hard to keep having to install roms because I have important calls/emails/text messages that make me money.. So I have to backup everything, then reinstall it. I'll do it sometime. My memory usage is fine.. I have considered just going back to the stock rom.

FWIW, the issue may stem from your backup/reinstall. If you are reinstalling conflicting information, your phone would perform exactly as you describe. If you're interested, re-flash and selectively install CABs you need to work, then add more as necessary. Don't reinstall anything; sync important data instead. No question that it is more of a pain to do it this way, but honestly, the situation you describe is not normal. Most ROMs you find here are very stable.

If you're lucky, the Chefs will use XDA_UC which really speeds up the re-acclimation process with new ROMS.

...my $.02.

Guest DirtySanchez

Also to add Which BKUP program are you using? try MyPhone to Bkup you Texts/Contacts/Pics, Also which Email type do you use? (ie. POP3 or IMAP) If you are still using a POP acct it makes your smart phone seem dumb my suggestion is use an IMAP this way your emails sync better with your web client & Outlook if you use it. As for all other things like backgrounds, Apps, or themes (ie. SPB, iPhone today, or any others like these) its not the best idea to restore these things after a fresh ROM (SPB is ok to a point but will still have some errors) due to the fact you dont know what changes the cheif might have made that my not work with your set of chosen apps & themes. So long story short dont wrry about bkuping up app settings or themes just get the vital stuff like Email, Contacts, & text if they are that important.

Also look at some of the base/stripped down roms these will make it easer to add your apps and hopeful not find one that conflict with the new rom

And always make sure you have the most current version of what ever .cab you are using this could also be your problem.

Edited by DirtySanchez

Guest mackrox

Thanks guys, I'll do this. I'm waiting for a 16GB card to arrive, once it gets here, I'm going to reinstall everything. I just installed Garmin Mobile XT which is awesome. I use PPCPimBackup to backup and restore.

On a side note, I installed the latest update for Garmin XT (it's legal, fyi) and Hotel prices disappeared.. any ideas?

Thanks for the information =)