Internet through cellphone usb cable on pc

Guest Emmer

Hey there,

Would like to ask if anyone knows how to establish internet on your computer through a cellphone.

I have unlimeted internet on my Samsung B7610 and would like to use that on my computer but have no idea

how to configure or to do that.

In Network Connections i see a Local Area Network says Windows Mobile Based Device connected.

But how do i get internet through that connection on my computer?

Please , if does anyone know an a solution?

Thank you in advance,

Cya,

Emmer...... ;)

• 2 months later...
Guest itb44
Hey there,

Would like to ask if anyone knows how to establish internet on your computer through a cellphone.

I have unlimeted internet on my Samsung B7610 and would like to use that on my computer but have no idea

how to configure or to do that.

In Network Connections i see a Local Area Network says Windows Mobile Based Device connected.

But how do i get internet through that connection on my computer?

Please , if does anyone know an a solution?

Thank you in advance,

Cya,

Emmer...... ;)

There are many ways, but the most generic is by using Windows Dial-Up-Networking (DUN):

1. Install modem driver for phone onto computer.

2. Connect phone to computer using serial, usb, bluetooth, or even ad-hoc wi-fi.

3. Make sure Device Manager adds a new modem for your connection.

4. Set up a new connection in Network Connections using that new modem. You will also need cariier specific info such as number to dial, username and/or password.

5. If it doesn't quite work, you might need a different data plan and/or DUN hack(s) on your phone.

Guest henrymckenzie

The instructions would not be there on the user manual. You have to call the customer support of the network you are using. The setting has to be done manually both on mobile and computer. You can get the assistance from the customer support. They would explain you how to access internet on your computer via your phone. You need to follow the simple procedure and it want take more than 10-15 minutes.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mysterious Stranger

Connect via usb and run 'internet sharing' on the handset. Allow it to install a driver et voila. Most wm smartphones above wm5 come with this app.

M.S

• 2 months later...
Guest adamtaylor

Data cable is require to eastablish the internet on computer via a cellphone. But before you get into any troubles, it is advisable always to contact the customer support of the network you are using.