[ROM]Ninja4hire *Black vs. Blue* (DG21) v9.5m (21914)

Guest Ninja4Hire

Guest Ninja4Hire
If it works with reply than that's perfect. I don't send that many attachments to a text message anyway, but it's one of those things where, when I really need to it will be nice to be able to. Thanks again for all your efforts.

Ok I figured it out. I flashed the original rom ( sooo glad we can cook roms for this phone now!!!), and it looks like it opens the Samsung File Manger which I removed. The File Manager exe is about 4mb and I found a cab for it in the "i8000 cab repository" if any one wants it, so I probably won't add it back to the rom.

Guest Ninja4Hire
If I have the "touch wiz" button on or off what are the effects of it?

Is it normally on?

:P :(

I actually don't think it matters anymore. The only thing it previously changed was what menu you used (Samsung Main Menu or Windows menu), but I removed that.

Guest Ninja4Hire

Working on my new custom Samsung Today theme for the new rom. I used the Manila clock from Omarjunior over at XDA. I still need to do some customizing, but I figured I put up a screen shot for the heck of it :P . The rom will have the the new main menu as well. I haven't figured out if I am going to remove Titanium yet, but I may. Also not sure if I should keep the overall backgrounds black or white. I like black plus it saves a little battery (or something like that).

post-327098-1270580165_thumb.pngpost-327098-1270580174_thumb.png

Guest levytv
Working on my new custom Samsung Today theme for the new rom. I used the Manila clock from Omarjunior over at XDA. I still need to do some customizing, but I figured I put up a screen shot for the heck of it :P . The rom will have the the new main menu as well. I haven't figured out if I am going to remove Titanium yet, but I may. Also not sure if I should keep the overall backgrounds black or white. I like black plus it saves a little battery (or something like that).

i vote for black for the battery.

Guest kdkinc
i vote for black for the battery.

+1 on the black

would there be room for a weather gizmo??

edit: I solved my own question... That must be why you left a XDA link. 3 laps around the field for me :P

:( :(

Edited by kdkinc

Guest jezze boi

Looks really awesome!

can't wait to start trying this new UI

thanks for all your hard work :(

Guest Robtao

Very Cool.

Kind of like black backgrounds. Makes the phone different from most. My only issue is when there is black text in it. Also, Black text in the dark Blue hightlighted menu is hard to read. Some come up Grey or sort of silver. That is actually pretty cool.

And yes, PLEASE get rid of Titanium. How has that survived this long? Text on a background (to capitalize or not....hmmm) is a lame interface. IMHO. No offense to those who like it. To each his own.

Guest fargot

I guess its ok but I like the fact how it acutally matches the other windows screens. I hate when there is conflicting themes and colors.

Guest Ninja4Hire
Is there a way to put a weather panel in there?

As far as I know, no one has found a way yet. I don't think the RSS works yet either. Actually I am still trying to get a lot of things working on this thing. For instance the google search does not work. The problem is that I don't know if it's something I did in the rom, or it just does not work on the Omnia 2. Also SMS kinda works, but not 100%. It is looking for Jinbox.exe instead of tmail.exe, but I can't get it fooled yet.

work in progress...........

post-327098-1270604908_thumb.png

Edited by Ninja4Hire

Guest Shemmy
As far as I know, no one has found a way yet. I don't think the RSS works yet either. Actually I am still trying to get a lot of things working on this thing. For instance the google search does not work. The problem is that I don't know if it's something I did in the rom, or it just does not work on the Omnia 2. Also SMS kinda works, but not 100%. It is looking for Jinbox.exe instead of tmail.exe, but I can't get it fooled yet.

The RSS panel is tied to the Samsung RSS application, just as the Google panel is tied to the pre-installed Opera 9.5. The SMS panel won't bring up your messages if you press and hold, but it will allow you to read ones that it displays. The SMS interface (what you get of it, at least) is nice. Personally, I like Opera 10 enough not to care about the Google panel, but you may want to put the RSS app back in for the RSS panel to work. I've been using the .cab for this UI on your ROMs for a while now, and am looking forward to having it built in.

Oh, +1 for the black theme/background!

(If you need any help with this, feel free to PM me!!)

Guest Bryan W.
Thanks! Yeah I will probably be coming out with a new version soon anyway.

First I want to say I've been watching and I appreciate how active you are in forum and in creating all this stuff. Thanks!

Also if you were following my titanium plugin thing and the t-bomb... I have to flash soon.

So I was wondering, depending on where you are for the next rom, do you think I should just flash your current build, or wait for the next one if its not far away? I don't want to go through all that reconfiguring all too often.

Guest Ninja4Hire
First I want to say I've been watching and I appreciate how active you are in forum and in creating all this stuff. Thanks!

Also if you were following my titanium plugin thing and the t-bomb... I have to flash soon.

So I was wondering, depending on where you are for the next rom, do you think I should just flash your current build, or wait for the next one if its not far away? I don't want to go through all that reconfiguring all too often.

I would say flash the 6.7 for now. the rom I'm making now may take me a week or so to get out and it may not be as Titanium friendly.

You may not have caught the flash bug yet, but you will..... Some people here including myself, flash are phones weekly...daily even.

Guest Ninja4Hire

A little ahead of schedule on my new rom. It's already functional, but I want to improve as much as possible. I'm also gonna cab my Samsung Today and Main Menu up, for people who don't want to have this full time.

Working on the Main Menu now.

post-327098-1270666125_thumb.png

Edited by Ninja4Hire

Guest kdkinc

Just had to reflash for some reason I lost the use of my phone button.

When I push for phone nothing would happen but if I held the button the voice program would do its thing.

I could use the phone using contacts program but for some reason Samsung dialer decided to break. :P

SOOO new rom coming lets flash again :( :(

Thank You

B) ;)

Edited by kdkinc

Guest kdkinc
@kdkinc I just got the O2 today and I already wanna flash haha

Welcome to the flasharama :P :(

Ninja has a new one coming very soon but get the hang of the O2 and get you PC setup to flash ( to me thats the hard part)

:( B)

Guest Shemmy
A little ahead of schedule on my new rom. It's already functional, but I want to improve as much as possible. I'm also gonna cab my Samsung Today and Main Menu up, for people who don't want to have this full time.

Working on the Main Menu now.

post-327098-1270666125_thumb.png

Looking good so far!! I'm excited :P (pls keep CHome/Titanium in, sometimes I switch over to it just to have a little text with a really nice background)

Guest Ninja4Hire
Looking good so far!! I'm excited :P (pls keep CHome/Titanium in, sometimes I switch over to it just to have a little text with a really nice background)

Thanks. I just fixed the Google search plugin for the Today screen. I used what you told me a few posts up and started trouble shooting. Found out that it is only looking for the Opera shortcut that originally went to Opera 9.5. So I made a copy of the Opera 10 shortcut and renamed it Opera Browser.lnk, dropped it into the \windows folder...like magic!

Guest Shemmy
Thanks. I just fixed the Google search plugin for the Today screen. I used what you told me a few posts up and started trouble shooting. Found out that it is only looking for the Opera shortcut that originally went to Opera 9.5. So I made a copy of the Opera 10 shortcut and renamed it Opera Browser.lnk, dropped it into the \windows folder...like magic!

Great! Do you have the jinbox exe file and associated reg edits? They were posted in the main Omnia II section. Maybe we can get the SMS panel working fully.

Guest Ninja4Hire
Great! Do you have the jinbox exe file and associated reg edits? They were posted in the main Omnia II section. Maybe we can get the SMS panel working fully.

I saw that. I messed with it the other day, but could not get it working. I am gonna try again tomorrow.

Guest fargot

Is the next build going to be regular winmo 6.5 or is it going to be 6.5.3 or 6.5.5? After going to the newer verzion you don't want to go back even with the liitle bugs it has.

Guest Ninja4Hire
Is the next build going to be regular winmo 6.5 or is it going to be 6.5.3 or 6.5.5? After going to the newer verzion you don't want to go back even with the liitle bugs it has.

This next rom is still going to be 6.5. I am not quite ready to move to 6.5.x. I'm sure I will soon, but I try to make my roms for people who want something a little more stable that they can use heavily.

One thing that bugs me about 6.5.x (pet peeve really), is the lack of bounce in the windows start menu. I don't know if anyone has ever noticed it, but for some reason it bothers me :P

Guest jezze boi
This next rom is still going to be 6.5. I am not quite ready to move to 6.5.x. I'm sure I will soon, but I try to make my roms for people who want something a little more stable that they can use heavily.

One thing that bugs me about 6.5.x (pet peeve really), is the lack of bounce in the windows start menu. I don't know if anyone has ever noticed it, but for some reason it bothers me :P

I'm not sure but i though waremike made it possible to return the bounce

something called bounceon and bounceoff allowed you to change the effect at will

btw, looking forward to your next ROM

will use it and hopefully it will keep me away from flashing for a while so i can catch up on my high school classes lol