[ROM]Ninja4hire *Black vs. Blue* (DG21) v9.5m (21914)

Guest Ninja4Hire

Guest Ninja4Hire
One more thing -- is there any way to change the top icons (3g, etc) back to the normal ones?

I really like the colors and stuff on yours, but when you go to the lock screen they default back to the white \ grey ones.

I doubt the lock screen can be fixed :| and I am OCD so I would prefer to have them both be the same colors ;)

TY

Ok I tried to cab up the default icon .dll files, but "shellres.192.dll" will not install properly. This is the file needed to change the cell signal, close X, and start icon.

Edited by Ninja4Hire

Guest surgex
Ok I tried to cab up the default icon .dll files, but "shellres.192.dll" will not install properly. This is the file needed to change the cell signal, close X, and start icon.

Thanks for trying, it's not that big of a deal.

One more question (heh) -- I remember that back in January Samsung came out with an "update" the the i920 for some kind of dropped call issue --

http://www.modaco.com/content-page/299223/...pgrade/page/80/

Is there any way you can encoporate the "Phone" portion of that ROM into yours (CK24 instead of CJ10), or is there possibly a way to update just the phone to this version on my phone now without it wiping everything else and overwriting your ROM?

Guest Ninja4Hire
Thanks for trying, it's not that big of a deal.

One more question (heh) -- I remember that back in January Samsung came out with an "update" the the i920 for some kind of dropped call issue --

http://www.modaco.com/content-page/299223/...pgrade/page/80/

Is there any way you can encoporate the "Phone" portion of that ROM into yours (CK24 instead of CJ10), or is there possibly a way to update just the phone to this version on my phone now without it wiping everything else and overwriting your ROM?

From what I understand (or mis-understand), that update has nothing to do with what we are currently able to flash on our phones. This means you can do the update via the Verizon updater and it will not affect your current rom build. it should only update the phone part of the rom. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Guest kdkinc
From what I understand (or mis-understand), that update has nothing to do with what we are currently able to flash on our phones. This means you can do the update via the Verizon updater and it will not affect your current rom build. it should only update the phone part of the rom. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Here"s an OLD link to a little bit of info no real "change log" to read.

Still can't use Win7 Samsung right on top of things...HELLO!!! ;) ;)

http://www.careace.net/2010/01/05/verizon-...st-rom-upgrade/

;) :P

Edited by kdkinc

Guest Robtao

Unless there is a new way to get CK24, it is a complete ROM flash, overwriting all the rest with stock ROM. However, it was never approved by Verizon to my knowledge. I had it on my phone, but reflashed with a stock Verizon CJ10 because I had more trouble with CK24 dropping calls than with the CJ10. CK24 has its own installer, but CJ10 can be flashed with Octans. Therefore, you can flash back and forth from stock to stock, but you need to update the ROM with Ninja's and reinstall all your stuff if you want to get it back up to this level.

Again, I recommend CJ10, but maybe someone else had better results with CK24? Or maybe with this awesome ROM and better build, CK24 might work better. Don't think I want to be the tester, though.

Edited by Robtao

Guest kdkinc
Unless there is a new way to get CK24, it is a complete ROM flash, overwriting all the rest with stock ROM. However, it was never approved by Verizon to my knowledge. I had it on my phone, but reflashed with a stock Verizon CJ10 because I had more trouble with CK24 dropping calls than with the CJ10. CK24 has its own installer, but CJ10 can be flashed with Octans. Therefore, you can flash back and forth from stock to stock, but you need to update the ROM with Ninja's and reinstall all your stuff if you want to get it back up to this level.

Again, I recommend CJ10, but maybe someone else had better results with CK24? Or maybe with this awesome ROM and better build, CK24 might work better. Don't think I want to be the tester, though.

This is how my device screen looks now and the way I got it from VZW 6 weeks ago.

As you can see CK24 looks like a phone update.

CSC is CJ10

post-499047-1271151338_thumb.png

;) ;)

Edited by kdkinc

Guest surgex

That's what I figured -- but I do not know for sure and I don't want to spend time reflashing, etc if it does infact overwrite the rom.

I really appreciate the comments about the dropped call thing though...maybe I shouldn't bother with it...althought I don't believe the part about not being approved by verizon (see post above mine ;)).

EDIT:

Well I screwed up my phone so I am going to run the update now...just to confirm, it does wipe the rom and all your data...it won't just update the "phone" portion, it has to re-write everything...I don't see why anyone would make an update like this when only a small portion has been changed, but whatever...

I will see if my data connection \ calls are better \ more stable. I was getting alot of those "#777 cannot connect" boxes popping up, especially with wm wifirouter.

It would be nice if there was a way to just flash the CK24 phone image without affecting anything else.

Edited by surgex

Guest Robtao
This is how my device screen looks now and the way I got it from VZW 6 weeks ago.

As you can see CK24 looks like a phone update.

CSC is CJ10

post-499047-1271151338_thumb.png

;) ;)

kdkinc,

Was your phone brand new, or possibly a refurb? If new, maybe it means that CK24 has passed Verizon's testing and is now being installed, therefore maybe we will see some type of official update or installer soon?

If a refurb, someone may have flashed it and they may not have caught it.

Any issues with dropped calls on CK24? Or other issues others are not reporting?

Anybody else showing CK24 on a new stock Omnia 2?

Guest kdkinc
kdkinc,

Was your phone brand new, or possibly a refurb? If new, maybe it means that CK24 has passed Verizon's testing and is now being installed, therefore maybe we will see some type of official update or installer soon?

If a refurb, someone may have flashed it and they may not have caught it.

Any issues with dropped calls on CK24? Or other issues others are not reporting?

Anybody else showing CK24 on a new stock Omnia 2?

It WAS a refurb ;) ;)

Nothing wrong with being cautious but then again half the fun in "flashing" can (maybe) the set up ;)

Also reading the Samsung site it only pertains to a "dropped call" issue they were having.

:P :P

Edited by kdkinc

Guest Robtao
It WAS a refurb ;) :P

Nothing wrong with being cautious but then again half the fun in "flashing" can (maybe) the set up ;)

Also reading the Samsung site it only pertains to a "dropped call" issue they were having.

:P :P

Maybe one of those where someone tried the unofficial "update" with Windows 7 and locked up the phone, so it was returned and reflashed at Verizon. They obviously only reflashed part of the phone (unless they have now approved CK24)

Yeah, I think I like setting up my phone more than I do using it! I am a sick man. ;)

Edited by Robtao

Guest gom99

nice toolbar, no offense, but I hate your black on blue toolbar :huh:. Like your rom though.

btw, is Anyone else having trouble getting bing app to acquire your location?

Edit: It's just a joke, my apologies to anyone that took offense to it.

Edited by gom99

Guest kdkinc
nice toolbar, no offense, but I hate your black on blue toolbar :P. Like your rom though.

Ninja does a fine job and you may dislike his tool bar but ....HATE is alittle harsh :huh:

:blink: :o

Guest snapz54
nice toolbar, no offense, but I hate your black on blue toolbar :huh:. Like your rom though.

where's your contribution buddy? Keep your judgements to yourself unless you have an alternate idea to add. It's easy to sit on your ass and type opinions all day, why not take that little fire inside you and use it to create. no offense bro, but I HATE your opinion.

I think the toolbar looks great and beyond that very clean. Keep at it all ninja, the community appreciates your work.

Guest Ninja4Hire
where's your contribution buddy? Keep your judgements to yourself unless you have an alternate idea to add. It's easy to sit on your ass and type opinions all day, why not take that little fire inside you and use it to create. no offense bro, but I HATE your opinion.

I think the toolbar looks great and beyond that very clean. Keep at it all ninja, the community appreciates your work.

lol I'm sure Gom99 didn't mean it to be offensive, but I'm glad people here appreciated me trying to spice up our phones a bit. It's all for fun and functionality in the end :huh:

Thanks kdkinc & snapz54

Edited by Ninja4Hire

Guest amdzero
lol I sure Gom99 didn't mean it to be offensive, but I'm glad people here appreciated me trying to spice up our phones a bit. It's all for fun and functionality in the end :huh:

Thanks kdkinc & snapz54

I HATE your tool bar too.

Kidding!

Guest Ninja4Hire

OK rom update finally done (done enough that is...) DC23 build 21901. Make sure you have already updated with the samsung update because this build will not affect your CSC as usual. :huh:

I will put them up tomorrow morning as I am still making sure I didn't break anything new. There are a few toolbar Icons that still need updating, but nothing to major.

I have a few things I still want to do, but I wanted to get something out there for people to flash so I can take my time on minor stuff.

Guest jbr05ki

Cool! Can't wait to try it out!

I got a question. How do you make your color themes? I like how the NinjaBlue theme is but I wanted to change to the to this: #0082BD

Also when something is highlighted, can the text change to white? It's kinda hard to read.

Guest amdzero
OK rom update finally done (done enough that is...) DC23 build 21901. Make sure you have already updated with the samsung update because this build will not affect your CSC as usual. :huh:

I will put them up tomorrow morning as I am still making sure I didn't break anything new. There are a few toolbar Icons that still need updating, but nothing to major.

I have a few things I still want to do, but I wanted to get something out there for people to flash so I can take my time on minor stuff.

do you use XDA_UC? if so do you still have to manually enable broadband settings?