[ROM]Ninja4hire *Black vs. Blue* (DG21) v9.5m (21914)

Guest Ninja4Hire

Guest kdkinc
Well...crap sticks!... I forgot to add a couple of my edited .dll files.

Give me a sec before you flash!

Must be a bigger "crap Stick" than you expected. I'm wearing out f5 key.. :huh:

:P :blink:

Guest Ninja4Hire
Must be a bigger "crap Stick" than you expected. I'm wearing out f5 key.. :huh:

btw you can flash now>>

You know it!! I'm having a terrible day. The first rom I uploaded, I forgot to add in a couple edited files. Then when I got them back in, I forgot to sign a .dll so it didn't work...

During all of this, I am trying to do my job(work) and for some reason I have a lot to do. Now to get the "Today" rom up....

BTW this rom works, (so you can download if you haven't already, but I assume people are waiting for the "Today" or XDA versions.

Edited by Ninja4Hire

Guest Shemmy
BTW this rom works, (so you can download if you haven't already, but I assume people are waiting for the "Today" or XDA versions.

What can we say, we love Today and XDA :huh:

Guest kdkinc

couldn't wait for "Today" but most likely, will go to it later.

D/L and install went smooth. :huh:

Why would XDA version be any different??

Guest Ninja4Hire
couldn't wait for "Today" but most likely, will go to it later.

D/L and install went smooth. :huh:

Why would XDA version be any different??

:blink: :o

The version on XDA has the updated keyboard. Not a big difference really, but hey :P

Guest Ninja4Hire
Does installing DC23 format "My Storage" as well?

Installing this rom will not format your /My Storage. Installing the Samsung update will.

Guest Bryan W.

Sorry for silly question.

Accoring to other thread on the DC23 update, there is a PDA thiny and a CSC thingy that must be updated. I gather from this thread that the v7 rom contains the PDA portion.

Does your new rom also contain the CSC portion, or do I need to flash the samsung update and then to your latest rom?

Also your main post asks for suggestions. Well here are some titanium plugins I like:

taskanium (displays outlook contacts)

showaco titanium weather

gps weather (this and the above work together as one plugin)

chome editor

atcontacts (add line for fav contacts)

ccomm (line for turning off/on radios)

The weather took some working to get going on the omnia 2. If you want I can give the info on tweaking it, which is all avail on the threads.

These are just things I like, so no biggy. In fast since I am going to do that DC23 update, I might as well try out your v2m since it still has titanium if I want it. Perhaps I'll like your new homescreen.

Thank you!

Guest Ninja4Hire
Sorry for silly question.

Accoring to other thread on the DC23 update, there is a PDA thiny and a CSC thingy that must be updated. I gather from this thread that the v7 rom contains the PDA portion.

Does your new rom also contain the CSC portion, or do I need to flash the samsung update and then to your latest rom?

Also your main post asks for suggestions. Well here are some titanium plugins I like:

taskanium (displays outlook contacts)

showaco titanium weather

gps weather (this and the above work together as one plugin)

chome editor

atcontacts (add line for fav contacts)

ccomm (line for turning off/on radios)

The weather took some working to get going on the omnia 2. If you want I can give the info on tweaking it, which is all avail on the threads.

These are just things I like, so no biggy. In fast since I am going to do that DC23 update, I might as well try out your v2m since it still has titanium if I want it. Perhaps I'll like your new homescreen.

Thank you!

Thanks for the suggestions!

This update only contains the PDA portion. This is because we don't have the ability to flash the CSC without verizon or samsung giving us an update. SO yes flash the samsung update first.

Guest kdkinc

Ninja:

Really liking this Black&Blue DC23 :P

Think I'm going stay here for awhile . Got used to Titanium desk top and using "Home Customizer" to make it mine.

I like the weather app plus a few more of the add-on's.

Plain,simple,and it works :huh: What else could you ask for? (I'll think of something}

Thank You

Guest jbr05ki
Ninja:

Really liking this Black&Blue DC23 :P

Think I'm going stay here for awhile . Got used to Titanium desk top and using "Home Customizer" to make it mine.

I like the weather app plus a few more of the add-on's.

Plain,simple,and it works :huh: What else could you ask for? (I'll think of something}

Thank You

I concur. Yeah this ROM is clean! Thanks again!

Guest Robtao

OK. I updated to DC23, then version 7.

XDA ran fine. Working OK for a day.

1. Quick Menu will now open from the Task Bar Windows icon. Wouldn't do that with the last few ROMS. Good!

2. Lock Screen stopped G Alarm from starting. Not good, but turning off Lock screen solves the issue. OK.

3. Uh-Oh. The phone would not turn on a few minutes ago. Soft Reset turned it on. Battery has gone suddenly very low. Wireless manager will not turn Phone On. BT and WiFi turn on, but hitting Phone radio button will not turn it on.

Can't hard reset with "phone turned off", and can't turn phone on.

Anyone else haviing any weird phone issues?

I need to reflash.

Edit: Uh-Oh! "One DRAMTest phone Fail" message came up during DC23 reflash. Stuck at 79%.

Edit: Stock 21863 flashed OK with Octans, but phone radio has died.

I think this is a hardware issue, not firmware. Probably just coincidental. That's why I get phone insurance.

Edit: HOLD THE PHONE! Soft resets wouldn't fix it, Hard Resets were not possible, but the old trusty "remove the battery" (with the device turned on) worked, and reset the phone radio. Back to testing!

Edit: This was weird, but no problems since. Now on 7.5.

Edited by Robtao

Guest amdzero
OK. I updated to DC23, then version 7.

XDA ran fine. Working OK for a day.

1. Quick Menu will now open from the Task Bar Windows icon. Wouldn't do that with the last few ROMS. Good!

2. Lock Screen stopped G Alarm from stopping. Not good, but turning off Lock screen solves the issue. OK.

3. Uh-Oh. The phone would not turn on a few minutes ago. Soft Reset turned it on. Battery has gone suddenly very low. Wireless manager will not turn Phone On. BT and WiFi turn on, but hitting Phone radio button will not turn it on.

Can't hard reset with "phone turned off", and can't turn phone on.

Anyone else haviing any weird phone issues?

I need to reflash.

Edit: Uh-Oh! "One DRAMTest phone Fail" message came up during DC23 reflash. Stuck at 79%.

Reflash using Ninja's latest rom, NOT the official update.

Guest Robtao
Reflash using Ninja's latest rom, NOT the official update.

Not sure how that would have helped, as it doesn't touch the "phone", and the PDA part was fine, but thanks, I am OK for now unless there is a hardware weakness in the radio portion, meaning this may come back to haunt me.

Guest Ninja4Hire
Not sure how that would have helped, as it doesn't touch the "phone", and the PDA part was fine, but thanks, I am OK for now unless there is a hardware weakness in the radio portion, meaning this may come back to haunt me.

So whats the status of your phone? does it work at all, or are you returning with insurance?

Guest amdzero

I was under the impression that your phone would not flash with the samsung update as it stopped at 79%.

that is why I suggested to flash to a custom rom using octans. The samsung updates require you to have activesync in order to work.

Guest Bottoz

Love the ROM.

But, Windows Mobile Device Center locks up on Vista x64, and locks up the phone completely. I have to remove the battery... no buttons work at all as soon as I plug it into the computer.

Guest Ninja4Hire
Love the ROM.

But, Windows Mobile Device Center locks up on Vista x64, and locks up the phone completely. I have to remove the battery... no buttons work at all as soon as I plug it into the computer.

Yeah I'm gonna look into the Active sync issues. I actually don't know where to start, but I'm gonna try :huh:

The problem is that is works fine for me, but then again I don't sync that much. I usually just use the Microsoft MyPhone.

Guest kdkinc
I had v7 for a bout a week and I noticed a sharp decline on battery life. Anyone else have this issue?

I most likely don't use the phone like you however my observations using sk tools cpu usage.

The top users of cpu

system idle 95% varies

device.exe 2% varies

services.exe1% varies

wakeuponsms.exe always near the top 5 very little % usage.

sktool because it running.

I don't know what it means but the system is always pinging these and in my way of thinking that's power usage.

:huh: :P

Guest jbr05ki
I most likely don't use the phone like you however my observations using sk tools cpu usage.

The top users of cpu

system idle 95% varies

device.exe 2% varies

services.exe1% varies

wakeuponsms.exe always near the top 5 very little % usage.

sktool because it running.

I don't know what it means but the system is always pinging these and in my way of thinking that's power usage.

:huh: :P

I reflashed to v6. So far she's been pretty good. Full charge unplugged over night. 10 hours later 39%.

Guest Ninja4Hire
I reflashed to v6. So far she's been pretty good. Full charge unplugged over night. 10 hours later 39%.

I don't know why it would be draining any more than v6, but I got a new version coming anyway with build 21903 and some new default icons.

I'm also hard at work on my new "OmniaPhone 7" rom :huh:. It's really cool, but it's not as user friendly as I would like yet.

Edited by Ninja4Hire