Backup of contacts?

Guest Villarous

Guest Villarous

Is there any way to take backups of your contacts so you can restore them after installing a new rom?

I just lost all my contacts and it doesnt help to save them on the SIM card, its limited and so on..

Is there any way to take backups of your contacts so you can restore them after installing a new rom?

I just lost all my contacts and it doesnt help to save them on the SIM card, its limited and so on..

yes there is. sync them with your google account...

other than that backup for root users did the trick for me in former times, however it is not the real deal.

Guest chucky.egg

I found a contact backup app on the Market - it just copies ALL of your Contacts to a SINGLE file (VCF file) on your SD card.

Sync'ing with Google is handy, if you have a data connection, but I get annoyed with the regular contacts appearing twice (not found a way to stop that).

Guest r00tk1t

Just do this for backup:

adb pull /data/data/com.android.providers.contacts/databases/contacts.db {your way on computer}
Do this for restore:
adb push {your way on computer} /data/data/com.android.providers.contacts/databases/contacts.db

Guest schlagg

yes Sprite Backup backup your pictures, contact, SMS and many other things (but no apps, for this, i use titanium backup)

bought it from the market for less than 1$ @ christmas (now its 4$)

test it many times and restore is good ....

Guest infernal.king

Try titanium back up

Guest Villarous

For now i use google sync, it works but it kinda suck ;)

How do you run those adb codes rootkit posted? :D i see them everywhere but dunno how to run them!

Guest descenpet
For now i use google sync, it works but it kinda suck ;)

How do you run those adb codes rootkit posted? :D i see them everywhere but dunno how to run them!

download this http://content.modaco.net/dropzone/ADB.zip

extract the contents to anywhere on your pc

open a command prompt and cd to the place you extracted

from there you can run those adb commands