HTC Hero from Orange to Three

Guest rassklass

Guest rassklass

Hi all,

I recently bought an HTC Hero which was locked to Orange network. I got it unlocked so that I could use my 3 sim which I thought was working, however, I cannot access or any data connections. I can send and receive SMS and make and receive calls but cant send SMS or connect to the internet unless im using a WLAN. I spoke to 3 and they tried manually inputting the settings but to no avail apparantly because their software runs differently to everyone else. So, I was wondering if there is any way to delete the Orange ROM / firmware and install Three's own version?

thanks

Guest descenpet

manual setting should actually work. if you can't get manual settings to work, you can always go for a custom rom or 3's rooted rom if you really want 3's. you will have to install a patched recovery image if your phone doesn't already have one.

Guest rassklass
manual setting should actually work. if you can't get manual settings to work, you can always go for a custom rom or 3's rooted rom if you really want 3's. you will have to install a patched recovery image if your phone doesn't already have one.

Hi,

I tried installing the modaco ROM but I cant get it to recognise the recovery img, it doesnt initialise the restore button, any ideas whats wrong? Its definitely spelt exactly the same and in the root directory

Guest descenpet

i see that you are asking in the other thread too. you won't be able to use flashrec on you rom, so just follow the goldcard guide posted over there. if you manage to get the recovery image working, install MCR and it should already have APN settings for Three.

Guest Arthur Hucksake
i see that you are asking in the other thread too. you won't be able to use flashrec on you rom, so just follow the goldcard guide posted over there. if you manage to get the recovery image working, install MCR and it should already have APN settings for Three.

Go for the goldcard method to downgrade the firmware as already stated, what I had to do.

Just take it slowly, step at a time using unlockr.com and the thread on the xda developers forum. Then you can come back here and im sure someone will help you out further with the Modaco Roms.