ROM 2.73.405.5 "not suitable for your device"

Guest SpaceBob

Guest SpaceBob

Hi

I got my T-Mob G2 Touch a few months ago and still have the original 1.5 firmware. I want to upgrade so went to HTC's site to download the current version - when I enter my device's serial number, it says the software download is not suitable for my device.

I'm a bit confused because reading the recent postings on here, people seem to have installed this version on their Hero's - why is it giving me that message? Is it because it's T-Mobile and installing this will cock up the settings? Am I ok to download it from elsewhere and install it anyway?

I'm an absolute newbie with this so appreciate any advice.....

cheers

Hi

I got my T-Mob G2 Touch a few months ago and still have the original 1.5 firmware. I want to upgrade so went to HTC's site to download the current version - when I enter my device's serial number, it says the software download is not suitable for my device.

I'm a bit confused because reading the recent postings on here, people seem to have installed this version on their Hero's - why is it giving me that message? Is it because it's T-Mobile and installing this will cock up the settings? Am I ok to download it from elsewhere and install it anyway?

I'm an absolute newbie with this so appreciate any advice.....

cheers

Yes, T-Mobile has an different rom but it's 1.5... All hero have 1.5 unless they have been rooted and upgraded with a custom rom. The upgrade you want is most likely the android 2.1? This update will be released on march, but T-mobile must test this update.. so it takes longer:(!

Guest SpaceBob
Yes, T-Mobile has an different rom but it's 1.5... All hero have 1.5 unless they have been rooted and upgraded with a custom rom. The upgrade you want is most likely the android 2.1? This update will be released on march, but T-mobile must test this update.. so it takes longer:(!

Haven't you installed 2.73.xx on your T-Mob Hero though?

http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-hero...ng-t-mobile-g2/

How have you done that?

Yes i had installed the T-Mobile rom 2.73.110.*

What I did was follow the tutorial on unlockr.com . I assume you have the right usb-drivers installed?

The new site for reversing the cid did the job for me!;) And you can copy the sdcode from dos (first "mark" and press ctrl+c )

When you have created this goldcard, put the rom(.zip) on it from 2.73.405.5 and rename it to heroimg.zip ( on the root from sdcard! everything else on the card I deleted)

Than boot in fastboot mode (volume down + power ) and watch it go!

Edited by loedie