2.1 mid march confirmed! urgh!

Guest eros47

Guest stevenz

So about 5 weeks off. This is the best we've had as far as a firm release date, still ties into their "1st quarter" estimate from a while back. Sounds like they're doing a fair bit of tinkering with it. Looking forward to more functional Bluetooth!

Guest Trekster2000
God damn! Almost a year after the actual SDK was out? :-s

I really hope its worth the wait.

Not quite. October 2009 the 2.0 SDK was out, december the 2.0.1 was out and january the 2.1 sdk was out. HTC has however more than likely had access to 2.0+ far ahead of that.

Guest Scottland

It's only been confirmed by HTC Benelux though, I'd personally wait to hear it from the horses mouth next week at MWC (I'm guessing that's when they'll announce it?).

To be honest, I'm more interested if they confirm something with snapdragon (or similar) and SenseUI - although I feel the stock android is almost at a level where Sense is just prettifying it, now that android is capable of Exchange, Facebook contact sync, along with some new useful widgets.

The only thing I'm really fussed about is google goggles and buzz.

Hmmm, maybe time to try cyanogens ASOP build. Wonder if nandroid can come back from one of those

Guest Carl_Brummy

I think I will wait until Paul and/or others have 'baked' a new version based on the 2.1 RTM.

Presently the Cyanogen 1.0 release of this is pretty damn stable and I just installed Google Maps 4.0 which works perfectly and the voice search .... great stuff!

Carl.

Guest commodoor

I'm more wondering about the battery life, i tried a lot of aosp (2.x) but the battery drained very fast. it couldnt last a day while mcr can last for 2+ days. maybe its due the drivers.

Guest juno360
"The Clip Has Been Blocked In Your Region" ;)

Yeah, it's a shame we can't see it, would have been good to get a peek if we are waiting till March

EDIT: http://clipnabber.com/ works a treat, download and view the video buy pasting this link:

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTUxMzc3NzYw.html#

Also the original article seems to have missed another new feature shown in the video: handwriting recognition.

It may be a dev build, but looks a little sluggish

EDIT2: created new topic

Edited by juno360