[ROM] Full ROM WM6.5.3 build 28223 WWE

Guest KSTAN

A stupid question here.

Do I have to flash Secany's JB1 first then flash KSTAN's 6.5.3 ROM.

Or just flash KSTAN's 6.5.3 ROM straight away from my KSTAN's 6.5.3 JA5

Thks for adv.

nah.. u can flash the pda straight away... :D

dear kstan

any chance to get the csc file attached with this rom? in fact there's a possibilty that it is supporting arabic, my native lang :D

thanks in advance :lol:

for CSC file, get it from Secany's ROM post. U may try and post ur results. Nothing is removed from OEM so it might support arabic except that SYS is in english. :D

Thank you, excellent ROM except the fact Samsung Today is not ready for 6.5.3 yet.

Battery life seems to be reduced compared to older WM 6.5 builds.

Battery life definitely cannot be compared to WM6.1 or WM6.5 as it is a known fact... :D

got the rom loaded, just stays on a direct push technology screen, anyone know whats wrong ? :/

try to remove the battery and re-insert back and power on.

If it doesn't work, try to re-flash again, hope it works..

Guest ssanusi
try to remove the battery and re-insert back and power on.

If it doesn't work, try to re-flash again, hope it works..

I experienced this yesterday. I just removed and inserted the battery back and the phone is working fine until now.

Battery life definitely cannot be compared to WM6.1 or WM6.5 as it is a known fact... :D

OK, I can see that :D

Normally with AUTO it can last 2 days with push email, now it barely lasts one day.

I suspect those 6.5.x builds are simply not yet optimized for batterly life.

Guest manosandrea
for CSC file, get it from Secany's ROM post. U may try and post ur results. Nothing is removed from OEM so it might support arabic except that SYS is in english. :D

Dear Kstan , is there any way to use a multilanguage SYS ???

I've tried your rom ( that looks really great with 6.5.3 ) , combined with secany's EURJB1 CSC ( lang Greek) , but everything is in english.

Major problem is that there isn't even a possibilty for a greek samsung keyboard , to send ( for example ) an sms, or for contacts.

Do you have any ideas ???

Thanks a lot, greatfull !!!!!!!

Edited by manosandrea

Guest Screaming

Flashed this to my phone - so far so good.

Looks good ROM.

Small glitches: in Samsung menu "Input options" don't work, Today plugin not lined up vertically very well, but I believe these are general comments with 6.5 so far.

Thanks, KSTAN.

Can someone make a video and post it on youtube to see all things about this rom?It will be great for all to show

- home screen

- general setting

- bugs

- contact

Guest Devil1978

What must i do to integrate the german language? i flashed the original csc with german speech and your rom. but the language is in english. must i change the language files only in the SYS-file?

thanks for ur reply.

i tried Secany's CSC, but does not have any Arabic. so yet i hope u have newer CSC to Secany's one.

-

actually many of us are looking for Arabic support, rather full Arabic. however, smasung is offering full Arabic, but eating ram and slow performance.

thanks in advance

Edited by pcfrnd

Guest bravogee

beautiful rom. fast and stable. sir, can i install your widgetplus-no icon on this JB1 rom. also is there a way to make widget screen fit perfectly on today screen? THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Guest AgnesBhomme

do you mean this version cannot send mms?

Thanks for your custom ROM. I'll wait for ur lite ROM for this version. I hope that ur next ROm support MMS features.. :D Thanks in advance..

For "Input options" don't work, I have this problem before and found quite many post. You can use any regedit software to delete following line and reboot. then you can use Input Options as normal. Hope it helpful. :D

HKLM\ControlPanel\Input\Redirect

Flashed this to my phone - so far so good.

Looks good ROM.

Small glitches: in Samsung menu "Input options" don't work, Today plugin not lined up vertically very well, but I believe these are general comments with 6.5 so far.

Thanks, KSTAN.

Guest AndrewTan
For "Input options" don't work, I have this problem before and found quite many post. You can use any regedit software to delete following line and reboot. then you can use Input Options as normal. Hope it helpful. :lol:

Thanks a lot, Davnc, :D

This method solved the Samsung "Input Method" issue. :D

Guest AgnesBhomme
This ROM is a complete Samsung Feature ROM, which means MMS is fully support on it.

Thanks! Then I will try this ROM this weekend. I have never tried flashing the ROM myself yet :D

Guest spectralblade

this is my 1st time flashing of rom. i have flashed from SGP official J9 to this rom. can feel the difference between the 2 roms.

however, notice that there is a display issue between navfone application and the new display in this rom. The icons at the bottom of the screen are too far apart as a result there are a few icons cannot be seen..

Any idea how to fix it? :D

post-622588-1266516000_thumb.jpg

Guest AgnesBhomme
Thanks Kstan, Your ROM is very nice and works well with the JB1 files from Secany.

My new configuration now is PDA: I8000NXXJB1(Your Rom) CSC : I8000XEUJB1 (Secany) Phone: I8000XXJB1.

Thanks to both of you.

Hi, may i know what does the XX in I8000NXXJB1 refers to?

This will be my first time flashing the phone myself hence I want to be clear with what I'll be doing. From your post, I guess you used KSTAN's PDA file, Secany's CSC file? What about the phone's file? Is it the latest phone file by Secany as well?

this is my 1st time flashing of rom. i have flashed from SGP official J9 to this rom. can feel the difference between the 2 roms.

however, notice that there is a display issue between navfone application and the new display in this rom. The icons at the bottom of the screen are too far apart as a result there are a few icons cannot be seen..

Any idea how to fix it? :D

post-622588-1266516000_thumb.jpg

Change the below registry values:

HKLM\System\GWE\Commctrl

TreeviewExtraItemSpace to 2

HKLM\System\GWE\Menu\PopFnt

Ht to 600

HKLM\System\GWE\Menu\BarFnt

Ht to 700

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Today\ListView

ListViewSelectorThemeImageBottomMargin to 4

ListViewSelectorThemeImageBottomPadding to 4

ListViewSelectorThemeImageHeaderHeight to 32

ListViewSelectorThemeImageLeftMargin to 15

ListViewSelectorThemeImageLeftPadding to 6

ListViewSelectorThemeImageMaxHeight to 94

ListViewSelectorThemeImageRightMargin to 15

ListViewSelectorThemeImageRightPadding to 6

ListViewSelectorThemeImageTiled to 0

ListViewSelectorThemeImageTopMargin to 20

ListViewSelectorThemeImageTopPadding to 16

For "Input options" don't work, I have this problem before and found quite many post. You can use any regedit software to delete following line and reboot. then you can use Input Options as normal. Hope it helpful. :D

Davnc, I have tried to edit the registry as you indicated above now and also in the past without any success because on my omnia the above registry line ends with ...\Input. Under the ...\Input I only see "Default" value not set and "Group" value set at 0. Is there anything wrong with my registry?

Guest spectralblade
Change the below registry values:

HKLM\System\GWE\Commctrl

TreeviewExtraItemSpace to 2

HKLM\System\GWE\Menu\PopFnt

Ht to 600

HKLM\System\GWE\Menu\BarFnt

Ht to 700

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Today\ListView

ListViewSelectorThemeImageBottomMargin to 4

ListViewSelectorThemeImageBottomPadding to 4

ListViewSelectorThemeImageHeaderHeight to 32

ListViewSelectorThemeImageLeftMargin to 15

ListViewSelectorThemeImageLeftPadding to 6

ListViewSelectorThemeImageMaxHeight to 94

ListViewSelectorThemeImageRightMargin to 15

ListViewSelectorThemeImageRightPadding to 6

ListViewSelectorThemeImageTiled to 0

ListViewSelectorThemeImageTopMargin to 20

ListViewSelectorThemeImageTopPadding to 16

Hi kstan, i have tried editing the registry. Its still the same, there is no difference for the display of the icons.

I tried changing the BarFnt -> 300 and it can fit in correctly. But, the wordings in the bar became very small.