htc hero touch screen

Guest noobieocer

Guest noobieocer

hi, i purchased a second hand hero from ebay with puals custom rom and its been working flalessly for around a month /2. but yestaday i found the touch input wa a bit doggey, when i swiped the screen to get to a differnt home screen it was spazzing around between the 2 screens, then when i try to press a certain option on a menue it was selecting a differnt item like 4 rows down =/ and when i got home to try and find the reason the touch screen doesnt work, if i put it down it dont work but works if i pick it up.

im thinking loose cable? my friend said its doggey softweare, so i "wiped" and reflashed with puals custom rom. problem still there but it sometimes works and sometimes doggey again.

any one else got simular problems? i searched on google most people get problems with bottom half of screen. not exactly like mine..

Edited by noobieocer

Guest tristan202
hi, i purchased a second hand hero from ebay with puals custom rom and its been working flalessly for around a month /2. but yestaday i found the touch input wa a bit doggey, when i swiped the screen to get to a differnt home screen it was spazzing around between the 2 screens, then when i try to press a certain option on a menue it was selecting a differnt item like 4 rows down =/ and when i got home to try and find the reason the touch screen doesnt work, if i put it down it dont work but works if i pick it up.

im thinking loose cable? my friend said its doggey softweare, so i "wiped" and reflashed with puals custom rom. problem still there but it sometimes works and sometimes doggey again.

any one else got simular problems? i searched on google most people get problems with bottom half of screen. not exactly like mine..

You could try calibatring your screen. I think it's under Settings / Locale & Text.

Guest noobieocer
You could try calibatring your screen. I think it's under Settings / Locale & Text.

yup done that, did a bit more research and it seems to be a fualty screen, contacted htc customer services and they told me to call thier repair department and book in a repair. before i do this how can i get rid of the recovery image? or does stock heros have these built in? and how can i unroot my device.

thanks

Guest tristan202
yup done that, did a bit more research and it seems to be a fualty screen, contacted htc customer services and they told me to call thier repair department and book in a repair. before i do this how can i get rid of the recovery image? or does stock heros have these built in? and how can i unroot my device.

thanks

If you used flashrec to install your recovery, u should be able to do a restore. And you can unroot by installing an official RUU rom.

Guest noobieocer
If you used flashrec to install your recovery, u should be able to do a restore. And you can unroot by installing an official RUU rom.

i used this rec image:

http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-hero...on-your-device/

and whats official ruu rom? (ruu part confused me lol) i assume i can use tmobile rom here:

http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-hero...t-for-gsm-hero/

and what are radios roms i always wanted to ask....

thanks for your help ;) booked courier to come pick up the phone on wensday :D

Guest Dr. dre
i used this rec image:

http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-hero...on-your-device/

and whats official ruu rom? (ruu part confused me lol) i assume i can use tmobile rom here:

http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-hero...t-for-gsm-hero/

and what are radios roms i always wanted to ask....

thanks for your help ;) booked courier to come pick up the phone on wensday :D

Radio ROM is the one which is related to all the connectivity option of your phone like WiFi, mobile network etc.