taskiller tweak

Guest trstn

Could just be me, but maybe it's not. SO here I am.

Basically, I was running MoDaCo beta5, all going great. I found out about switching off compcache speeding up the Hero even more, so I baked a rom without that.

Then the taskiller tweek gets added, I figured I'd try it out but my phone's since slowed to a crawl when opening aps or browsing around, particularly with any kind of wifi aciton going on (it's fine on H/3G). I've not installed any new apps or such like, and have reverted back to the baked rom without the taskiller tweaks - but still have the same massive lag problem.

Any ideas? Sadly I don't have a particularly recent nandroid backup (I know I know), any suggestions on how to work out what the issue is?

I don't, but I'll give it a search and find out.

I've not installed anything new for ages though, but I guess an update could easily have changed something and caused the problem.

Will search around for adb stuff on top.

Thanks

I don't, but I'll give it a search and find out.

I've not installed anything new for ages though, but I guess an update could easily have changed something and caused the problem.

Will search around for adb stuff on top.

Thanks

top is a linux command that shows which program is using how much resources. it is available on android too. you need to setup adb on your pc, it is a tool from the sdk which gives you a linux command shell on the phone, in this shell you execute "top" and the topmost app/program uses the most cpu. exit with ctrl-c, and leave adb shell with "exit".