disco custom kernel [v.b01]

Guest disc0

Guest krumbalu

what is the exact number value for the setting after 921600, 998400? are we sure cause when i set that my phone still runs only at 920 mhz maximum

Edited by krumbalu

Guest chingy1788
what is the exact number value for the setting after 921600, 998400? are we sure cause when i set that my phone still runs only at 920 mhz maximum

if you flashed the 920MHz kernel, then 920MHz should be the maximum, even if you put it at 998MHz

where can i find this apk? in the market?

if not could you upload it somewhere

Yes On the market, make a search with SOFTWEG and you got it

I have test the 920 Mhz Kernel and it works perfectly for me.

Only one PB, when i turn off my phone and turn it On, the phone still at 128 Mhz and it's extremely laggy. I have to go in SetCpu to check the performance mode for the cpu goes to 920 mhz, because if i don't do that it still at 128 Mhz.

Exept this everything work fine and faster. Thanks for your job.

Does this kernel work with the 2.1 Eclair ROM ???

Edited by bbpoux

could somebody please let me know if this kernel will support tethering in any form? not fussed how, by usb wifi bluetooth etc is fine. Just need something :D.

Thanks.

ps: preferably supported by linux:)

I've got trouble with this kernel and setcpu. I've got the 1GHz img and got setcpu installed with setcpu.txt in sd-root with the following line;

"128000,245000,384000,576000,768000,998400" (without the ")

The 998 MHz works as long as i dont change anything in setcpu, because in the program its limited to 768, although, if I dont change anything, it's running at 998 Mhz. 128 MHz doesn't work at all. (Tested with adb-command, only between 245-768)

In setcpu;

Current: 245-998 Mhz. (Switching between these)

Max (upper right corner): 998 MHz

Min (upper right corner): 245 MHz

Max (changeable): 768 MHz

Min (changeable): 245 MHz

Why cant I get lower than 245 or higher than 768? :(

Edited by Oskaar

Guest chingy1788

only thing i can think of is that you may have pressed "Never Allow" accidentally when set cpu requested root access

not sure how to fix that, maybe uninstall set cpu and install it again

Edited by chingy1788

Sometimes it reboots when using the TTS service

Is the .16 based superboot more stable than this.. ?

But any plan to make that .16 base superboot to support multi-touch and overclocking ?

Thanks in advance~! :(

Guest Nova2.1

well, its the easist solution and dosnt require you telling us your life story up untill when the phone died, while we pretend to listen rembering to keep our flame comments to ourselfs.... Ahh fourms, you gotta love it..

Guest Quipeace

Hey,

Just flashed the 920mHz kernel, but it looks like it isn't working properly for me.

I can get a signal fine, but after a couple of seconds it kicks me out. Can't choose a band, nor can I get the list of providers (like KPN here in the Netherlands). I'm on the european 2.000.16 rom.

Back to the stock kernel for now...

EDIT: Sorry, has nothing to do with your kernel <_<

Edited by Quipeace

Guest bbpoux
with 1ghz kernel phone stuck in boot with acer logo, there is a solution or do i have to flash the 728mhz kernel?

NO, first try the 920 Mhz Kernel, and if it doesn't work, put the 768 Kernel. But 920 Mhz is really faster than 768 and it's really stable for me.

Guest natostanco
NO, first try the 920 Mhz Kernel, and if it doesn't work, put the 768 Kernel. But 920 Mhz is really faster than 768 and it's really stable for me.

got it, and it works, I just got a reboot when i was stucked in dolphin messing up the browser with multitouch <_< so not rly a problem.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest eX1337
got it, and it works, I just got a reboot when i was stucked in dolphin messing up the browser with multitouch :) so not rly a problem.

1 GHz isnt booting for me - with 920 MHz i got only bootloops ;)

what could i do?

Guest linuxluver
1 GHz isnt booting for me - with 920 MHz i got only bootloops :)

what could i do?

Same here.

1GHz would only boot completely about 1 time in 3...and crashed within 3 minutes 100% of the time. Completely unusable.

I never did find the 920MHz kernel. It's buried somewhere in the 18 pages of this thread I think. The OP was never updated with a link.

Guest eX1337
not all liquids are overclockable to 1GHz

Mine can only go 920MHz

Mine cant go 920 MHz :)

I flashed ACER_Liquid_2.000.16_EMEA_GEN1.bin with Acer-Tool and flashed the Boot.img in fastboot directly after that - it's correct, right?

Guest eX1337
not all liquids are overclockable to 1GHz

Mine can only go 920MHz

Mine cant go 920 MHz :)

I flashed ACER_Liquid_2.000.16_EMEA_GEN1.bin with Acer-Tool and flashed the Boot.img in fastboot directly after that - it's correct, right?

Guest squizeer

It doesn't work for me! I have 2.6.29 kernel and LCR 1.2.1 Rom and after flashing i get stuck on a black screen on boot.. i have the same result with the 765Mhz version..

Could you please help me? I would also like to know if you could make a boot image without multitouch but just with the overclock settings

thanks for your great job!! :)

Guest erto90
It doesn't work for me! I have 2.6.29 kernel and LCR 1.2.1 Rom and after flashing i get stuck on a black screen on boot.. i have the same result with the 765Mhz version..

Could you please help me? I would also like to know if you could make a boot image without multitouch but just with the overclock settings

thanks for your great job!! :)

this is only for donut,not for eclair

Guest rafyvitto

I deciced to downgrade to 1.6 to try this kernel out =], and its working like a charm bought from a US retailer, manufactured in dec.