GSM Hero falling off network

Guest jbrizz

I've got the latest radio, had it for a while but a week or so I flashed rooted generic 2.73.405.66 and since then three times now my has stopped sending sms. The first two times I noticed it wasn't sending, tried to put it in airplane mode then back online, but this caused it to get in a stuck state where airplane mode was on in the power menu but off in the phone menu, not letting me change it anymore. Both times a rebooted fix it (airplane mode was on when it came back up). The latest time I noticed it wasn't actually on the network at all, 0 bars reception, showed GPRS in the phone status menu but 0 dbm signal. Reboot fixed it once again.

I don't recall this problem at all on the previous rom I had (rooted 405.5) but I hated that rom because the keyboard would put a space after a period and comma and the accelerometer calibration didn't work. Modaco always played up for me (very slow keyboard) so I don't really want to use that. I do have a strange sim card icon on the notification bar which appears a few minutes after boot which no one seems to know what it means, I've attached a screenshot in case it's relevant.

Anyone know what might be going on here?

post-651909-1265866647_thumb.png

Guest descenpet

my bad, sd card icon is the other way round, upside down.

the only time i've seen similar icon of yours is when trying out 2.1 roms. which appear a while after boot and disappear a few secs later. though i don't drop off of network when trying those roms.. maybe i didn't test long enough. i don't see that icon when using MCR or stock.