Removing A2SD Advice

Guest Arthur Hucksake

Guest Arthur Hucksake

Hi there,

I'm currently running custom ROM 3.2 B5 and basically after much pondering, I want to get rid of the A2SD approach as there is no point considering the amount of apps I use at anyone time.

I like to keep a nice tidy setup and tend to delete unused things quite often so to me there isn't any point.

The problem is how do I go about removing the extra partition from the SD card or even copying the apps over to the phones internal memory? Got everything setup nicely now and get the impression if I just format

the card ill get problems.

I also struggled to find an option to format the whole card back to one big partition when in the RA Recovery program.

Any tips or help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

- D -

Guest descenpet

i too am thinking to remove my a2sd but have no idea how to move apps from ext partition to phone memory. i dunno if titanium can help anything with that. haven't give it a go.

for getting one whold big partition back on SD, setting swap and ext to 0 should do in RA recovery.. no?

EDIT: done removing ext partition. no more a2sd ;) what i did was

backup all apps using titanium,

copy everything in SD card to PC,

repartition SD card using RA recovery(0swap 0ext2 remaining FAT)

copy the backup in PC back to SD

reinstall titanium from market as it is gone with the ext partition

restore all missing apps batch from titanium(you will have to click "install" and "done" buttons for apps)

put back whatever widgets or shotcuts broken on homescreens(will be a pain if you have alot of apps, i don't know if there is an app for doing this. ok for me since i don't have much)

Edited by descenpet

Guest e2zippo

I just got rid of my a2sd a couple of days ago and what i did was just what descenpet wrote, swap 0 ext 0, and the rest as fat32. At first i backuped everything with titanium backup, copied that to the hard drive and the the procedure above.