Recovery image "Wipe" not working

Guest jjjack

Hi guys, I wonder if somebody can help please.

I'm using the RA-hero-v1.5.2 recovery image but it does not appear to be wiping the data correctly. I'm choosing Wipe-Wipe data but the rom is not beeing removed, I do however get the opening configuration screens again as if the phone is new after a reboot.

I'm trying to move from a Vanilla 1.5 ROM back to MCR 3.2 but I'm getting errors after the ROM flash due to the wipe not doing its thing.

Anybody seen this before or maybe know how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by jjjack

Guest descenpet

hmm.. the wipe data+cache option from the recovery image never remove the rom you currently installed. it just wipe /data and /cache. it's like a factory reset...

flashing new rom should totally overwrite the old rom though. u might want to re flash or redownload the rom. or perhaps post what kind of errors you are getting?

Edited by descenpet

hmm.. the wipe data+cache option from the recovery image never remove the rom you currently installed. it just wipe /data and /cache

Ahh OK. Thanks! I wiped the data and cache but after flashing the MCR ROM I have like a strange hybrid between the old ROM and the new.

I've flashed loads of times over the last couple of months but never had this problem before.