Outlook sync on my HD2

Guest thegrifter

Guest thegrifter

Hi....I just replaced my iPhone with an HD2 and really like it, however I can't figure out how to get outlook 2007 to push my emails to my phone. I tried to set up push email from the settings tab but it asks for a domain and I have no idea what it is. Basically what I want to do is have all my email accounts I have set up in outlook 2007 push automatically to the outlook tab in my phone. I know I can set up email accounts separately but I prefer to keep using outlook.....Now it's perfectly possible that I'm just being plain thick but I'm no whizz when it comes to things like this so any responses need to be spelled out.....Thanks in advance. TG

• 3 weeks later...
Guest leepark

Hi,

I sucessfully set up gmail to sync my calendar through exchange but when I added my contacts and tried again a few days later it won't sync now no matter what i try, also I cant for the life of me get activesync to sync on my laptop, outlook 2010 beta and outlook 2007 trail version?

Any ideas?

to the above poster, if you have a gmail account that really is the best option, really easy.(when it works!) The instructions are on the gmail site.

http://www.google.com/support/mobile/bin/a...amp;topic=14299

Guest Kevlarski
Hi....I just replaced my iPhone with an HD2 and really like it, however I can't figure out how to get outlook 2007 to push my emails to my phone. I tried to set up push email from the settings tab but it asks for a domain and I have no idea what it is. Basically what I want to do is have all my email accounts I have set up in outlook 2007 push automatically to the outlook tab in my phone. I know I can set up email accounts separately but I prefer to keep using outlook.....Now it's perfectly possible that I'm just being plain thick but I'm no whizz when it comes to things like this so any responses need to be spelled out.....Thanks in advance. TG

In order to get push email working you need to have Outlook connected to an Exchange Server with Push Email enabled. A domain is a network that is secured and uses servers etc. Not all companies offer Push Email to their staff.

Your other solution is the Google option mentioned in the post above. I think there are services out there that do Push Email from your existing accounts and I think there was at least one mentioned on Modaco a while ago.