How To Request:Hero Lockscreen Clock Face Font Color Change

Guest Greg Hanes

Guest Greg Hanes

Please help if you can.

I have successfully modified the lock screen arc by changing the PNGs (com.htc.resources.apk) to transparent but the clock default color is white. White does no blend well with my background.

So the question is, where is the setting for font color changes at and how do I change it. I would assume that is is in some xml doc but I can not find it.

Thank you

HTC Hero

MoDaCo Custom Custom ROM 2.2 for CDMA Hero

Guest tristan202
Please help if you can.

I have successfully modified the lock screen arc by changing the PNGs (com.htc.resources.apk) to transparent but the clock default color is white. White does no blend well with my background.

So the question is, where is the setting for font color changes at and how do I change it. I would assume that is is in some xml doc but I can not find it.

Thank you

HTC Hero

MoDaCo Custom Custom ROM 2.2 for CDMA Hero

The font color is in one of the xml files, but they are encoded. When the com.htc.resources.apk got build, the xml files got encoded some way. You can possibly edit them with a hex editor, but it's like finding a needle in a haystack.

Guest Greg Hanes
The font color is in one of the xml files, but they are encoded. When the com.htc.resources.apk got build, the xml files got encoded some way. You can possibly edit them with a hex editor, but it's like finding a needle in a haystack.

Yea, I thought of that but No Joy on the Hex Editor.

Any clue on just plain removing the click all together?

Guest Bantumi

A possible work around is using Lockbot from the market and disabling the standard lock screen.

I think lockbot lets you customise pretty much everything about the screen.

I know it doesn't exactly answer your question but might work.

Guest Greg Hanes
A possible work around is using Lockbot from the market and disabling the standard lock screen.

I think lockbot lets you customise pretty much everything about the screen.

I know it doesn't exactly answer your question but might work.

The only problem I ran into with Lockbot and Lock 2.0 is that I Run I.C.E. , i need to have access to my emergency info from a locked phone.

That i can find, LB & L2.0 do not work with I.c.E. or any other 3rd party app to display info.

I was hoping that they dev's would create a "allow access or run" button or even just a I.C.E. type memo button. i think it would be cool to have a lock screen that you can add app shortcuts to.

I would actually prefer that, even though I.C.E. works well, it ads another swipe to unlock.