Playing Flash content on my Hero

Guest cortiis

Guest cortiis

I have the latest 3.1 ROM on my hero but I am not able to play the flash files (.swf). Can anybody guide me how to do it. I do not see any flash player installed on my phone but I have read that hero has it preinstalled. Please help.

Guest Bantumi

Someone will correct me if i'm wrong but i believe the flash player installed on the hero is in the web browser. So that means if you visit a website that uses flash (youtube.com) that will work ok.

If you have actual flash files on your SD card i'm not sure. Is it possible to navigate to them in the browser? so typing something like "\sdcard\flashfile.swf" in the address bar.

Guest Carl_Brummy
Someone will correct me if i'm wrong but i believe the flash player installed on the hero is in the web browser. So that means if you visit a website that uses flash (youtube.com) that will work ok.

If you have actual flash files on your SD card i'm not sure. Is it possible to navigate to them in the browser? so typing something like "\sdcard\flashfile.swf" in the address bar.

I have noticed it wont play the flash files on somewhere like BBC News though... keeps telling me I have not got the right version.

Does anyone know when Flash is being released for the Android OS? I know they have been working on it for a while now.... but it is no better in 2.1

Carl.