wlan and locale

Guest Sharkiy

Guest Sharkiy

Hi

I have problems with locale and wlan. So I have ask the suport.

Here the question and the answer.

--------------------------

Hi,

Thanks for your interest in Locale!

I apologize for the inconvenience although we are unfortunately unable to support modified ROMs. The problem is that this is a bug in the ROM, rather than in Locale. Locale just happens to tickle this particular issue in the ROM. Please revert to the standard HTC Hero ROM to resolve this issue.

Please let me know if I can help you further!

Thanks and have a great day,

Carter

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>

Subject: Locale

>Hi

>when i run locale on my hero (modaco rom 3.1) the wlan hangs while disconect

>wlan. If i disable locale everything is OK . Any other prog conect and

>disconect corectly.

>

>Best regards H.Harms

>

----------------------------

Anybody an idear how to to solve the problem.

I payed for locale and donated for the rom.

(by the way the donate for paul was cheaper and the product much better ;) )

Regards Hajo

Edited by Sharkiy

Guest Dr. dre
Hi

I have problems with locale and wlan. So I have ask the suport.

Here the question and the answer.

--------------------------

Hi,

Thanks for your interest in Locale!

I apologize for the inconvenience although we are unfortunately unable to support modified ROMs. The problem is that this is a bug in the ROM, rather than in Locale. Locale just happens to tickle this particular issue in the ROM. Please revert to the standard HTC Hero ROM to resolve this issue.

Please let me know if I can help you further!

Thanks and have a great day,

Carter

-----Original Message-----

Reply-To: "Hajo Harms" <[email protected]>

Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 00:54:00 +0100

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>

Subject: Locale

>Hi

>when i run locale on my hero (modaco rom 3.1) the wlan hangs while disconect

>wlan. If i disable locale everything is OK . Any other prog conect and

>disconect corectly.

>

>Best regards H.Harms

>

----------------------------

Anybody an idear how to to solve the problem.

I payed for locale and donated for the rom.

(by the way the donate for paul was cheaper and the product much better ;) )

Regards Hajo

I think your problem is with the 'Radio', Try flashing a new radio and then try.

Guest theFRAGGLE

Maybe I have a fix for you! I had the same problem - I was rebooting twice a day, because I lost my wifi.

The problem is (I think): the Sense wifi widget, this one-click thing.

locale tries to check if there are known wifi spots around and activates wifi for 1-2 seconds. The widgets is to slow to reflect the on/off changes.

I removed the widget and now it worked in the last 2 days.

Try this. If you can fix it, too, maybe we should tell the developers... :-)

Guest Sharkiy
Maybe I have a fix for you! I had the same problem - I was rebooting twice a day, because I lost my wifi.

The problem is (I think): the Sense wifi widget, this one-click thing.

locale tries to check if there are known wifi spots around and activates wifi for 1-2 seconds. The widgets is to slow to reflect the on/off changes.

I removed the widget and now it worked in the last 2 days.

Try this. If you can fix it, too, maybe we should tell the developers... :-)

Hi

nice work. After one reboot and 1 day of testing no wlan hang on disable.

So what do you mean witch developer must we contact. If no problem with locale and the normal rom so Paul has a problem with the modaco rom.

By the way I use a backen rom.

Thanks and best regards

Hajo

I have flashed the ROM without sense and turn wifi on/off with WiSyncPlus

just the other day I had my first hanging of wifi in 1 week

so it does seem better but the problem is still present

Guest theFRAGGLE
So what do you mean witch developer must we contact. If no problem with locale and the normal rom so Paul has a problem with the modaco rom.

But the problem is the wifi widget - so maybe the locale developer needs to add more time while checking connections.

Or Paul needs to fix something in the MCR. I donßt know - but for now the problem is solved :-)

Guest Sharkiy
Turns out this didn't solve the issue for me, woke up this morning to find my phone stuck on wlan 'turning off...'

Had to reboot.

Hi

which rom and wich locale version ?

Hajo

Guest DJBenson

Just to let you know this isn't unique to Locale, I installed Setting Profiles (a cheaper alternative to Locale) and get the same problem - with and without the WiFi toggle widget - there is something wrong with the wifi implementation...

As Android is a variant of Linux - does anybody know if the WiFi chipset can be reset from the shell?

EDIT: I think the commands should be;

ifconfig tiwlan0 down (to take the adaptor down)

ifconfig tiwlan0 up (to bring it back up again)

...but it doesn't appear to do anything.

Edited by DJBenson

Guest theFRAGGLE

Yeah, same here... :-(

After removing the HTC wifi widget it was getting better, but every other day or so my wifi still stucks...

Any further idea? Shall we contact the programmer again?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Sharkiy

Moin moin

I have ask the locale suport how often locale use the wifi. 5-10 minutes. The frequency based on locale "thinks" something intresting is happend :-)

So my wifi hangs also once a day. To turn flymode on / off dosen't help. And there is no solution if I don't use the wlan function from locale. Locale turn the wifi on/off for testing the location.

If only modaco rom users have the problem, whats the different between the htc and modaco rom on wifi ??

Paul have you any solution ???

Regards Hajo

Guest JadeMonkee

Just FYI, I am running Locale 1.0.7 AND the HTC WiFi widget, and don't experience any hanging.

I have only once experienced a WiFi hang, when I manually tried to disable the WiFi using the widget. I often do this, and it has only hung once, and that was on an older ROM.

So I don't know what causes the problem.

I'm running MCR3.2b5

Guest Sharkiy

Hi

OK after update MoDaCo ROM 3.2 Beta no more problems. <_< So it was a failure in the rom or in my confuguration of the baken rom.

Hajo

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Sharkiy
Hi

OK after update MoDaCo ROM 3.2 Beta no more problems. ;) So it was a failure in the rom or in my confuguration of the baken rom.

Hajo

Hi

after update some progs, not locale, I have the same problem. :) It is stupid and I have no solution. In the moment the akku goes empty if wlan hangs. So I can't use locale. It is not a problem with the wlan widget. Anyone the same problem ?

Hajo

• 2 months later...
Guest BekiPe
Hi

after update some progs, not locale, I have the same problem. :) It is stupid and I have no solution. In the moment the akku goes empty if wlan hangs. So I can't use locale. It is not a problem with the wlan widget. Anyone the same problem ?

Hajo

Add me. I use Locale and MCR 3.2 and have to reboot several times a day. Locale support told me also, this is a problem with the custom ROM, but I can't go back to stock ROM, as I don't have access to payed apps without root access.

This I very annoying and frustrating, but no solution at the moment. Anyone tried with an Eclair based MCR?