Opera 10 Beta 3 - with flash support

Guest eclsnowman

Guest eclsnowman

Opera 10 Beta 3 - now with flash support.

1.) Install Opera_Mobile_10_WM_beta_3.cab

2.) enable settings -> advanced -> plug-ins (on)

3.) profit (ala underpants gnomes)

Note: no need to remove flashlite if you already have it (confirmed by user).

Opera_Mobile_10_WM_beta_3.cab

post-555542-1265999422_thumb.jpg

Edited by eclsnowman

Guest eclsnowman

Man it is slow to start but I can double-click youtube video's and have them run in full screen with controls that work. The refresh isn't great... but better than skyfire. Check the attached screen captures. Note: CPU usage was 55% and drained 20% of the batter on one movie trailer (The Last Airbender).

post-555542-1266110346_thumb.png

post-555542-1266110387_thumb.png

post-555542-1266110394_thumb.png

Guest rigor.m
Man it is slow to start but I can double-click youtube video's and have them run in full screen with controls that work. The refresh isn't great... but better than skyfire. Check the attached screen captures. Note: CPU usage was 55% and drained 20% of the batter on one movie trailer (The Last Airbender).

I have latest stock ROM (DXIA5) and nothing else installed; when I try to play a youtube video in Opera 10 beta 3 it tells me that either I have java disabled, or I need to install latest Flash player. Anyone know what I need to do to make it work ?

edit : also this version of Opera seems to smoke my battery... did anyone notice this ?

Edited by rigor.m

Guest jms2367

i installed opera mobile 10 beta 3 from opera's website. whenever i click a youtube link it opens windows media player then it doesn't play. i enabled the plug in as described above. is the attached opera mobile in this post modded and i need to use this to enable watching with youtube and other flash enabled site?

I have latest stock ROM (DXIA5) and nothing else installed; when I try to play a youtube video in Opera 10 beta 3 it tells me that either I have java disabled, or I need to install latest Flash player. Anyone know what I need to do to make it work ?

edit : also this version of Opera seems to smoke my battery... did anyone notice this ?

Same here,

Could anyone help us ?

Thanks.

Guest gorf1000

Work's great for me, definitely takes a while for the video to load but if you're patient it does work. Oh, you do have to make sure that you're viewing the desktop version of the site not the mobile version.

Verizon i910

Guest Naad.daan

Same here, "Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player"

Will try some other settings. Would love to see this working kinda smooth.

Edited by Naad.daan

Guest neilpiaro
i installed opera mobile 10 beta 3 from opera's website. whenever i click a youtube link it opens windows media player then it doesn't play. i enabled the plug in as described above. is the attached opera mobile in this post modded and i need to use this to enable watching with youtube and other flash enabled site?

same here.any ideas how to go about this?

Guest eclsnowman

Cab here is not modded, but you can find one by Ninja Duck over at XDA (although my email html links don't work with his modded cab).

Guest nmayer79
Cab here is not modded, but you can find one by Ninja Duck over at XDA (although my email html links don't work with his modded cab).

this sounds as if it has some potential, really like opera but so far have been mildly disappointed in beta 10. might just be me

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gorf1000
Hi guys, how do I stop WMP taking over youtube videos?

You need to make sure that you click the link to go to the full site of Youtube, not the mobile site. Even though it has a setting button for Mobile View that is turned off by default, it still identifies itself as a mobile browser so sites like Youtube default to their mobile version.