Removing Splash Screen?

Guest subhramani

Guest subhramani

Not sure if this was discussed before, but I would like to know if its possible to erase the splash screen from my HTC Hero.

I'm not really sure if there is a splash2 screen too. Below are the commands I have tried. I dont even know if that command exists (I'm a s00per n00b, by the way).

C:\tools>fastboot erase splash2

erasing 'splash2'... FAILED (remote: partition is not existed!)

C:\tools>fastboot erase splash1

erasing 'splash1'... FAILED (remote: erasing error)

C:\tools>

I dont know what that message meant. Please help.

Guest tristan202
Not sure if this was discussed before, but I would like to know if its possible to erase the splash screen from my HTC Hero.

I'm not really sure if there is a splash2 screen too. Below are the commands I have tried. I dont even know if that command exists (I'm a s00per n00b, by the way).

C:\tools>fastboot erase splash2

erasing 'splash2'... FAILED (remote: partition is not existed!)

C:\tools>fastboot erase splash1

erasing 'splash1'... FAILED (remote: erasing error)

C:\tools>

I dont know what that message meant. Please help.

you can just replace it with a pure black splash. ( I have attached one for you). Put it in the same folder as fastboot.exe.

Then run:

fastboot flash splash1 black.rgb565

Please note, that you probably need the unlocked SPL.

black.zip

Edited by tristan202

Guest Dr. dre
you can just replace it with a pure black splash. ( I have attached one for you). Put it in the same folder as fastboot.exe.

Then run:

Is this the splash which is the default splash on the phone, the one which has HERO written on it.

Guest subhramani

Thanks for the replies guys.

As far as what I have read on the internet (not sure how far its true), splash1 stays for around 2 secs and splash2 is for around 20 secs.

The reason why I want to remove them is to save on the boot time. I guess if I replace the existing splash screen even with the one you have attached, it will again take the same amount of time for the phone to boot?

And yes, I have the unlocked SPL, thanks to Dr. Dre :-)

Guest tristan202
Thanks for the replies guys.

As far as what I have read on the internet (not sure how far its true), splash1 stays for around 2 secs and splash2 is for around 20 secs.

The reason why I want to remove them is to save on the boot time. I guess if I replace the existing splash screen even with the one you have attached, it will again take the same amount of time for the phone to boot?

And yes, I have the unlocked SPL, thanks to Dr. Dre :-)

I find it hard to believe that you will save any time by removing them. The phone is after all booting while showing the splash. And the is only splash1 on the hero. I have never flashed anything else than that, and it shows all the way up to the animation.

Guest Dr. dre

Then run:

Thanks for the image. Wanted this.

Edited by Dr. dre

Guest subhramani

Ah! ok. Didnt know that there was no splash2 in a Hero.

The reason why I thought my phone takes too much time to load up is because I had watched a video sometime back where a Hero brings up the Hero logo as soon as the phone i switched on. But my phone has a carrier logo which stays for like 15 secs once the phone is switched on.

But I guess its just the same flash screen which you have attached above which shows up first before the actual animated Hero bootscreen comes up :D

Guest Dr. dre
yea i hate the tmobile splash, takes long when booting :D

You can only change the T-mobile splash screen.

Please NOTE that by doing this (flashing an unlocked SPL) your booting time won't reduce it will remain the same.

Guest subhramani

Yeah, but what if I dont want the splash screen at all? :-s

I think the whole startup sequence is like splash1, splash2, animated bootscreen, home screen.

What if I just want animated bootscreen and home screen?

Also, does anything load up when the splash1 screen is on? Or does the OS load up only during the animated bootscreen is up?

Edited by subhramani

Guest tristan202
Yeah, but what if I dont want the splash screen at all? :-s

I think the whole startup sequence is like splash1, splash2, animated bootscreen, home screen.

What if I just want animated bootscreen and home screen?

Also, does anything load up when the splash1 screen is on? Or does the OS load up only during the animated bootscreen is up?

I'm 99% sure it boots up while splash1 is on. Seems like an exceptionel waste of time to show splash1 for 20-30 seconds without anything

happening.

Guest subhramani

Thats what I was wondering too.

My phone stays on splash1 for 28 seconds and 43 seconds on the animated bootscreens before it can show up the home screen :-s