internal memory decreasing fast, despite app2sd

Guest Catscrash

Guest Catscrash

Hi,

after updating from MCR to MCR since it's possible without a wipe, i thought it would be time to make a fresh start.

So I removed all apps from ext-partition and wiped, After wiping, i restored my apps with titanium, but the internal memory kept decreasing from 180 or so at the beginning and now after installing all apps again, it's down to 30MB again.

Shouldn't all apps be installed to the sd card? i checked the ext-partition, all apps are installed there, so why is internal memory so far down?

It wouldn't bother me, but when updating a lot of programs, it goes down to 2-3 MB and i can't update another program, i have to reboot, than it's at 30-40 again and i can update the rest...

Thanks

Catscrash

Guest snowfix
Hi,

after updating from MCR to MCR since it's possible without a wipe, i thought it would be time to make a fresh start.

So I removed all apps from ext-partition and wiped, After wiping, i restored my apps with titanium, but the internal memory kept decreasing from 180 or so at the beginning and now after installing all apps again, it's down to 30MB again.

Shouldn't all apps be installed to the sd card? i checked the ext-partition, all apps are installed there, so why is internal memory so far down?

It wouldn't bother me, but when updating a lot of programs, it goes down to 2-3 MB and i can't update another program, i have to reboot, than it's at 30-40 again and i can update the rest...

Thanks

Catscrash

My Hero is also decrasing fast in /data. This is due to the Dalvik cache being still stored on the device.

I do not know why MoDaCo/Paul has chosen to put the apps & the apps-private data on the SD while keeping the apps dalvik cache on the device... maybe this is to keep the /system apps consistent even when the SD is ejected?

My Hero is also decrasing fast in /data. This is due to the Dalvik cache being still stored on the device.

I do not know why MoDaCo/Paul has chosen to put the apps & the apps-private data on the SD while keeping the apps dalvik cache on the device... maybe this is to keep the /system apps consistent even when the SD is ejected?

ejecting the sd will f*** things up anyway. imo the dalvik-cache is still on nand for the performance. and because there is enough space to install 300+ apps before your internal memory goes low.

Guest snowfix
ejecting the sd will f*** things up anyway. imo the dalvik-cache is still on nand for the performance. and because there is enough space to install 300+ apps before your internal memory goes low.

The number of apps is not correct: I have less than 100 apps installed and my /data partition is filled at 65%. More than a half of it is dalvik-cache. I cannot however comment on the effect of ejecting the SD as I do not know where to find the apps2sd source code. Any git:// reference?

The number of apps is not correct: I have less than 100 apps installed and my /data partition is filled at 65%. More than a half of it is dalvik-cache. I cannot however comment on the effect of ejecting the SD as I do not know where to find the apps2sd source code. Any git:// reference?

wipe your dalvik-cache and recheck the numbers, dalvik does not get cleaned up automatically.

apps2sd is a script in /system/bin. it can not handle ejecting the sdcard.

-rwxr-xr-x	1 0		2000		 3.3K Aug  1  2008 /system/bin/a2sd