little confused on rooting

Guest r8zer

hi, ive read the blurb on rooting, and im trying to think what will be best, im looking at pauls suberboot option, and was wondering if i do this i know it will unlock bootloader, and give root, but does this mean if i do not install amons recovery, i will still have stock bootloader and stock rom, so will i still receive OTA updates?.

Edited by r8zer

hi, ive read the blurb on rooting, and im trying to think what will be best, im looking at pauls suberboot option, and was wondering if i do this i know it will unlock bootloader, and give root, but does this mean if i do not install amons recovery, i will still have stock bootloader and stock rom, so will i still receive OTA updates?.

to use the superboot image, you first need to unlock your bootloader.

applying the superboot image does not require a modified recovery, so yes, you can still receive ota images (and flash them, i think receiving works anyway).

but for all custom roms, you need a custom recovery as well.

to use the superboot image, you first need to unlock your bootloader.

applying the superboot image does not require a modified recovery, so yes, you can still receive ota images (and flash them, i think receiving works anyway).

but for all custom roms, you need a custom recovery as well.

thankyou, yes i have read all about the procedure, and i know about having unlocked bootloader to start with, was just wanting to make sure if u still have stock recovery and stock rom u can flash the google updates with out problems, as all i really want is a rooted phone, and still get updates, im not interested in custom roms or recovery's, and just want the root option to install some good programs like the trackball colour without, not being able to update, through google,

thankyou.