Boot Loop

Guest Agshlee

Guest Agshlee

Hey all,

I've got a problem with my Hero which I can't figure out, so I thought I'd post here. I've been running

Modaco roms on my hero for quite some time, but decided to try the Vanilla 1.5 rom by Arch, so I backed up my SD

card to my pc, and wiped everything (factory reset, dalvik, reset battery stats << the last one I've never done before).

After doing this I connected to my pc (Amon Ra 1.5.3 I think), put the ROM there (custom baked) and flashed it; however,

the phone kept getting stuck at the Android screen. So, I tried a non baked version of Arch' rom > same effect.

Maybe a problem with the rom, I thought to my self, and tried to flash modaco 3.2B, again to no avail.

So, whatever rom I flash it keeps getting in a boot loop. I've attached the output from logcat during a boot cycle.

I hope you guys can help me out, I'd really like to use my Hero again!

Thanks in advance,

Agshlee

logcat.txt

can you give us a link to the rom you are using? i have the suspicion that it is not a hero rom...

edit: and now i read that you also have problems flashing mcr3.2b. just to make sure (you didn't say it out loud :D ), you did a full wipe before flashing mcr?

Edited by kendon

Guest Agshlee
can you give us a link to the rom you are using? i have the suspicion that it is not a hero rom...

edit: and now i read that you also have problems flashing mcr3.2b. just to make sure (you didn't say it out loud :D ), you did a full wipe before flashing mcr?

Yes, I did a full wipe. That is, factory reset and dalvik cache.

ROM Info:

Before it happend I was running MCR 3.1,

it first started when I had flashed Aychteesees Vanilla Rom, and then continued after I had flashed a baked MCR 3.2b5.

Edited by Agshlee

Guest Agshlee
dalvik wipe is included in wipe, you need to wipe the ext partition.

It is? Never knew that!

Anyway, as far as the ext partition goes, I dont have one! *Or, at least, should not have one...*

I'll give it a try though, thanks.

It is? Never knew that!

Anyway, as far as the ext partition goes, I dont have one! *Or, at least, should not have one...*

Did you try booting without sd card? If it works you will have to partition it again.

Guest Agshlee
It is? Never knew that!

Well, I repartitioned my SD card again (32,512,*) and the boot loop ended... guess it did have something

to do with the ext partition (which I also wiped, just to be sure :D)

So, thanks a lot shen!

Guest shenshang
Well, I repartitioned my SD card again (32,512,*) and the boot loop ended... guess it did have something

to do with the ext partition (which I also wiped, just to be sure :D)

So, thanks a lot shen!

:D