Tired of my Liquid, Advices and Ideas please

Guest khamees79

Guest khamees79

Well, I did 2 things, and I can confirm it's faster when switching between apps, or starting contacts.

1: Wipe Dalvik-cache , i dunno what is it, but I guess it wipe the apps cache?

2: deleted Taskiller

can not say anything about the battery time yet.

1:I have SetCPU,Lockbot, 3G watch always running. is there any issue with these apps?

2: Was it the Taskiller that slows down the device?

Thanks for you reply

Doesn't affects me. My liquid starts apps/goes to home very quickly. And battery isn't a problem either. Have you checked if you have some app that ruins your battery?

If I remove the phone from the charger ~7.00 and have music on for about 6 hours, wifi on whole the time my battery is between 60 and 70 percent at ~22.00

I'm using ACR 1.4 and advanced home + music with meridian and wifi is automatic by wefi.

If you doesn't have to use all of those apps you should remove one them at a time and se if it helps, apps that is always on is generally bad for speed and battery.

Guest chingy1788
Well, I did 2 things, and I can confirm it's faster when switching between apps, or starting contacts.

1: Wipe Dalvik-cache , i dunno what is it, but I guess it wipe the apps cache?

2: deleted Taskiller

can not say anything about the battery time yet.

1:I have SetCPU,Lockbot, 3G watch always running. is there any issue with these apps?

2: Was it the Taskiller that slows down the device?

Thanks for you reply

I've heard that TasKiller does slow down the device

I have Advanced Task Manager Installed, but dont have it running all the time (no widget added on screen), I just open it up when I want to end tasks.

With the WPA-PSK, preshared key, seems to be a android 1.6 problem

I used to have it on my old htc G1, got it rooted, and installed cyanogen's rom (for G1/Magic only) and that supported WPA-PSK, preshared key.

When Acer releases Android 2.x, that should support WPA-PSK, preshared key. That or a dev on these forums will release a rom supporting WPA-PSK, preshared key, if thats possible.

(I was hoping WPA-PSK, preshared key is supported, since my Uni uses it... Oh well...)

Battery life:

how old is your liquid? you may need to cycle the battery for a while (3-4 days) just charge it up to 100%, then let it drop all the way to 0% (hopefully you're home by then).

Taskiller running might be the problem as well

Also having the phone on 2G instead of 3G saves alot of battery life, but then you loose your speed, if you get EDGE, thats better than GSM, its not much slower than basic 3G speeds (234Kb/s vs 384Kb/s)

HSDPA or 3.5G runs at 3.6Mbps

but battery life wise, I see it running up to twice as long, depending on what you're doing

I ran a test on my old G1, running it on standby in 2G makes it seem to last about a week, on 3G it lasts about a day or two

Guest chingy1788
Doesn't affects me. My liquid starts apps/goes to home very quickly. And battery isn't a problem either. Have you checked if you have some app that ruins your battery?

If I remove the phone from the charger ~7.00 and have music on for about 6 hours, wifi on whole the time my battery is between 60 and 70 percent at ~22.00

I'm using ACR 1.4 and advanced home + music with meridian and wifi is automatic by wefi.

If you doesn't have to use all of those apps you should remove one them at a time and se if it helps, apps that is always on is generally bad for speed and battery.

7am - 10pm and you have that much battery left?!

running 3G or 2G? how many widgets?

7am - 10pm and you have that much battery left?!

running 3G or 2G? how many widgets?

Sorry forgot to mention that, 2G only and 8 widgets

Edited by pajn

Guest khamees79
Disabled the P-Sendor under Advanced Setting of Call Settings... that saved heaps of battery. Seems to be alot better with on of the newer roms. I have Advanced Task Killer running all the time no hassles.

Once I disabled P-Sensor I got almost 2days worth of usage.

What does p-sender do?

Guest Elmokki

3G takes tons of battery. Especially if you're actively using it due to internet surfing / widget updating information from internet / any instant messenger. For all of those above except internet surfing 2G is just enough.

It should not be a surprise that 3G and piles of widgets or programs constantly using it will take tons of battery. Use 2G and make sure your widgets and/or apps don't constantly use internet to check something and you'll have a decent battery life.

That said, networking and heavy processor use in general take a lot of battery. If you use your Liquid as a phone instead of a pda, you will surely see better battery life.

Guest petrosy
What does p-sender do?

Not sure to exactly. I think its a proximity sensor and apparently it handles auto turn-off, presumably for calls. If you disable this you may need to switch the screen back on if dimmed while on a call. Not the most inconvienient thing to do for heaps of extra battery.