Thinking of making a return to Winmo Advice needed

Guest whos-rog

Guest whos-rog

About 2 years ago i made the jump away fromwinmo to a blackberry. After having a few win mo devices and had issues with my last one (HTC Touch) i thought it was time to switch. So i went to blackberry, mainly because my friend had one and was raving about the push instant gmail woking on it, and to be honest i love my blackberry but it is just lacking something.

Now i have heard a rumour that gmail is instant on windows mobile devices, is this true????

If so then it might be time to forgive and forget my past issues with windows mobile.

I would be greatful if someone could reccomend a device for me as i have lost tought with them all, im after something quite small with a decent touch screen and decent battery for medium usage.

I really dont know where my next device will come from, be it another blackberry, windows mobile or android.

Advice please....

Guest slaguru
I really dont know where my next device will come from, be it another blackberry, windows mobile or android.

Advice please....

Well for what its worth I use three phones at the moment.

HTC Hero - Backup work

iPhone 3Gs - Work

HTC HD2 - Personal

So I have a range of different operating systems, here is what I have found.

The Hero (Android) started off great, but crazy as it sounds, the sheer pace of Android updates leaves me jaded. The Hero is due a 2.1 update in March, but this is sometime after that Droid and Nex1. Its a good phone however (best of the three is you want to make calls). Android lacks some polish and misses some basic enterprise tools (VPN and decent RDP) for example.

The HD2 is a great toy, and if you love to tinker it is the phone for you. Great hardware as well, and 6.5.5 is not a bad OS, and when you add sence 2.5 on it, it looks great too.

The iPhone is (strange as it may sound) my workhorse. Its VPN works (WinMo VPN on iPsec is a joke), exchange support is fine, as is Mobile Me and Gmail, and its RDP apps are cheap and well executed. Sure I have jailbroken it for wifi share and multitask as well, and this causes soe strain on the battery, but I get a full day with Twitter and RSS on in the background.

If I had to choose it would be the iPhone, but I would miss the HD2 (A LOT)... Sorry to say Android would have to go.

Cheers

Tim