Android Reboot Widget

Guest lycrawearer

Guest lycrawearer

Have installed the Reboot Widget from here and although it installs ok - I've got no icon and can't see how this is supposed to work ?

Any idea's ? I also got the latest Amon RA Recovery which works no problem ... running MCR 3.2 beta 5 ...

Cheers

Guest volatile_ink
yes, it does

+1 Been using since I started with MoDaCo. Would be nice if it had an option to shutdown. I've emailed the dev about this, so fingers crossed.

Guest lundefugl
modaco doesn't support the reboot command.

Actually it does, it's just a little 'different'... Just 'reboot' with no arguments doesn't do anything on modaco, but if you type 'reboot now' it will reboot.

I use GScript Lite and have a shortcut icon to the reboot script on my home screen, but the reboot script that ships with GScript must be modified

on modaco with the 'now' argument after the reboot command to work properly.

I don't know if the 'now' is the keyword or if the modaco reboot command simply respond to ANY argument...

Of cource arguments like 'recovery' or 'bootloader' will do something different :D

Actually it does, it's just a little 'different'... Just 'reboot' with no arguments doesn't do anything on modaco, but if you type 'reboot now' it will reboot.

I use GScript Lite and have a shortcut icon to the reboot script on my home screen, but the reboot script that ships with GScript must be modified

on modaco with the 'now' argument after the reboot command to work properly.

I don't know if the 'now' is the keyword or if the modaco reboot command simply respond to ANY argument...

Of cource arguments like 'recovery' or 'bootloader' will do something different :D

I just tried "reboot now" with gscript, and I get the same error as with "reboot" alone:

"stderr: not permitted"

I don't know what to do.

Guest CitizenLee

I'm using a widget called Boot Control which works perfectly on MCR 3.1

Gives the option to Reboot, Reboot to Bootloader, Reboot to Recovery, Power Down... and scarily enough, Wipe!

EDIT: Just noticed it seems to be the same as Reboot Widget posted above... just with a different name and a different coloured icon.

Edited by CitizenLee

Guest lundefugl
I just tried "reboot now" with gscript, and I get the same error as with "reboot" alone:

"stderr: not permitted"

I don't know what to do.

Ohh, sounds like a root/su/superuser permissions problem, I think I've seen that on one of the rom's I've tried.

You could first try a terminal emulator on your phone (they're a bit hard to use without a physical keyboard, but it's possible),

the run su, and then reboot (now)

If it fails then it's a superuser permissions problem, maybe a reinstall would do the trick?

Guest r00tk1t
Ohh, sounds like a root/su/superuser permissions problem, I think I've seen that on one of the rom's I've tried.

You could first try a terminal emulator on your phone (they're a bit hard to use without a physical keyboard, but it's possible),

the run su, and then reboot (now)

If it fails then it's a superuser permissions problem, maybe a reinstall would do the trick?

Any apps that need root work, tested. But reboot / reboot now does not work on Modaco.

Any apps that need root work, tested. But reboot / reboot now does not work on Modaco.

Exactly.

$ su

# reboot now

The above gets me a "not permitted". Is this a job for chown or chmod?