Video Playback

Guest MultiMartin

Guest MultiMartin

Hi everyone,

I am having issues with playing back videos I have encoded for my HTC Hero phone. I have used a range of software including Handbrake and Any DVD Convertor Pro in order to encode the videos in the 'Android' format. The videos then play perfectly on my Mac once they have been encoded.

When I transfer the file to my HTC Hero the video quality is excellent and the audio is of a high quality. However, the voices are ever so slightly out of sync with the video. I was wondering if anyone had had any success in converting videos to play on their Hero and eliminate the lip sync issues. I have used both the 'Albums' and 'Meridian' player apps and the lip sync issue happen on them both.

Any advice would be gratefully received :D

Guest Arthur Hucksake
Hi everyone,

I am having issues with playing back videos I have encoded for my HTC Hero phone. I have used a range of software including Handbrake and Any DVD Convertor Pro in order to encode the videos in the 'Android' format. The videos then play perfectly on my Mac once they have been encoded.

When I transfer the file to my HTC Hero the video quality is excellent and the audio is of a high quality. However, the voices are ever so slightly out of sync with the video. I was wondering if anyone had had any success in converting videos to play on their Hero and eliminate the lip sync issues. I have used both the 'Albums' and 'Meridian' player apps and the lip sync issue happen on them both.

Any advice would be gratefully received :D

It's simply down to choosing the right framerate in the software.

What are you converting? Are they xvid tv shows for e.g ?

You can get a free app called Mediainfo that will tell you what framerate the original files are, I would then set the output in the encoding programs to the same.

http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en

Guest MultiMartin
It's simply down to choosing the right framerate in the software.

What are you converting? Are they xvid tv shows for e.g ?

You can get a free app called Mediainfo that will tell you what framerate the original files are, I would then set the output in the encoding programs to the same.

http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en

I have MP4 files I have edited myself and have also tried to use clips I have ripped from DVDs. I've messed on with lots of different frame rates and encoded them as the same frame rate as the source but this still doesn't seem to work when they are playing on the Hero.

Edited by MultiMartin

Guest stevenz

I've had the same issue, usually lowering the bitrate(s) seems to sort it out.

I've taken to using "mVideoPlayer". Less bloaty than Meridian and has a zoom-to-screen option which meridian doesn't seem to have which is nice.

Edited by stevenz

I've taken to using "mVideoPlayer". Less bloaty than Meridian and has a zoom-to-screen option which meridian doesn't seem to have which is nice.

try winff for transcoding it has a built in android function and its free and mixzing media player from the market it plays all media

mifran

I've had the same issues. I don't know why but some files have had issues when others haven't. I've had problems with low bit rate files when high quality ones have played no problem. I've used encoding settings fir Android in a variety of converters. Things got much better with MCR 3.2 but I'd like to try another micro SD sometime, I'm convinced mine transfers slowly. Do you have a spare to try? Might be worth a go.

any ideas how to fix wrong displaying characters ? (áěš) and so on? all of them are displayed as ??? etc...

Guest MultiMartin

I have installed mVideoPlayer and I do like the interface and as you point out it isn't as bloated as Meridian. Unfortunately the lip/sync issues are still there on some of the videos (not all). It's a shame about the ads on mVideoPlayer too.

try winff for transcoding it has a built in android function and its free and mixzing media player from the market it plays all media

I have a Mac so unfortunately can't use winff. I installed mixzing player and when I select a video it asks me to use albums, median or mVideoPlayer so it doesn't look like it has its own built-in video player.

I've had the same issues. I don't know why but some files have had issues when others haven't. I've had problems with low bit rate files when high quality ones have played no problem. I've used encoding settings fir Android in a variety of converters. Things got much better with MCR 3.2 but I'd like to try another micro SD sometime, I'm convinced mine transfers slowly. Do you have a spare to try? Might be worth a go.

Yes this is the same situation I am in. Some of the large videos with high bit-rates play fine, others do not. Bit-rate and size/length of the video don't seem to me a problem - it appears to be down to individual videos. I am tending to think it's a problem with Android since after a bit of investigation some DROID owners are reporting similar issues. I'd happily be proved wrong though.