Anyone else getting phone envy?...

Guest jonathanmusto

Guest Dr Hotdog
Odd I use copilot a lot and not noticed any problems. I only use Copilot with nothing else running due to battery.

By nothing else running do you mean actually using a task killer to zap all other apps, or just not actively using any other apps/services at the time? I've not tried the former, but I'd say that if that's actually necessary to maintain the phone's responsiveness then the Hero really is underpowered for this app.

I will admit that much of the lag I've seen has been with MCR ROMs with compcache enabled, and I haven't recently put Copilot through its paces without compcache.

Maybe I'm just more sensitive to UI lag than you. Most of the time it's OK but I have seen Copilot take a second or so to respond to a button press. What happens when you receive a call while using Copilot is illustrative too, first the trackball starts to flash, then the ringing starts, then, eventually the incoming call screen pops up. It's clear the phone is working very hard at that point.

Guest masterpfa
Odd I use copilot a lot and not noticed any problems. I only use Copilot with nothing else running due to battery.

Likewise, but I have even resorted to placing my phone into Airplane Mode as I have had moments when Co-Pilot froze after receiving a txt or call, not good if going somewhere where the Sat Nav is necessary.(not Ideal I know, hence the need for a separate Sat Nave I think!) :D

So better management of resources are needed for the Hero as we cannot change the processor now.

Now what ever came of Dalvik Turbo????? (A process like that I think would help!)

Yes I do have phone envy, either the Legend or Desire will do for me but also equally the Nexus 1

On what I have seen so far my choices would be:

1.Desire (followed very closely and probably price being the determining factor...)

2.Nexus 1

3.Legend (not to be dismissed!)

Edited by masterpfa