where are the downloaded market apps stored ?

Guest speedme

Guest speedme

Maybe a silly question, but where on the phone are the downloaded apk files stored which I downloaded from the market ?

I want to move them, once downloaded, to my SD card so I can reinstall them again in case of a system crash

Guest PhonePersona
Maybe a silly question, but where on the phone are the downloaded apk files stored which I downloaded from the market ?

I want to move them, once downloaded, to my SD card so I can reinstall them again in case of a system crash

So you don't want to 'move' them then, you want to copy them for backup purposes, is that about right?

Guest speedme
So you don't want to 'move' them then, you want to copy them for backup purposes, is that about right?

Yes, that's right.

If possible to want to copy the downloaded apk files from the market to my SD card, not having to find them again in the market and download them again.

Because that always takes a lot of time and I rekon it's easier to install them directly from the SD card again.

I do have MCR 1.7 with recovery ROM.

I don't have Superboot (yet).

Guest souljah777

You can use Titanium Backup if you root the phone. It's available on the Market for free and will back up all user programs and data including the Market link if there is one. Even if the program disappears from the Market you will still be able to restore from your Titanium backup. It's a great tool.

Guest speedme
Why don't you just use apps2sd and just store your apps on the sd card full stop?

I am using apps2sd, but when you download apps from the market those apps are not automatically stored on the SD card.

Not as far as I know at least.

I am using apps2sd, but when you download apps from the market those apps are not automatically stored on the SD card.

Not as far as I know at least.

They are, but in the Ext partition, you will need to use adb to access them on a non rooted phone, they will be stored in /data/app

Rather than doing what you're doing, you should use Titanium Backup, which will restore the market links if your phone breaks. This means that instead of being stuck with a load of applications that you have on your SD but can't update, you'll be able to just click restore and see the program data restored.

Guest helikopter

astro file manager has the same option. it can search for your installed apps and backup the apk files onto your sd card. you don't need root access to do that.

but i agree that titanium is the best app for backing up apps. it also backs up the apps' settings and their market entry, so after they ger reinstalled they will appear in the my downloads list in market even after a hard reset.

• 1 year later...
Guest david007
They are, but in the Ext partition, you will need to use adb to access them on a non rooted phone, they will be stored in /data/app

klutsh.I installed some apk inside android 2.2 emulator and now i want to copy those apk to my desktop from the emulator could you tell me the command that will copy those apks to desktop for me?Thanks in advance

Edited by david007

Guest didije

AppManager. It can store installed .apks on your sd card with 2 clicks