Three Network and Spotify

Guest Arthur Hucksake

Guest Arthur Hucksake

Hi folks,

Currently using the Modaco 3.2 b5 rom and been trying to get Spotify to work from 3. (As in the phone network.)

They offer it from Planet 3 which would be awesome and save me having to use a credit card or anything to sign up, which is what I have to avoid.

Basically I can download the likes of Windows Live Messenger from planet 3 no problems and it is set on there as a HTC Hero, so it does recognise the phone ok.

Trouble is when I goto get the premium Spotify I get a page saying "Sorry, Spotify Premium isn't available on your mobile yet. We're adding our Spotify offer to more of our mobiles

as quickly as we can.

There mobiles are compatiable with Spotify:

Then you get a list of phones, and the HTC Hero is on that list. DOH!

Any ideas? Could it be relating to the newer radio I installed which isn't an EU one obviously. The Modaco rom is 3 based from what I hear, and other software works from Planet 3

so i'm completely clueless here.

Any ideas?

Cheers

- D -

Guest pillock

The Spotify app is free, it's the service that needs payment.... surely if you pay for the service through 3Planet or whatever it is (sorry, on T-Mo so no idea what it is or how it works) then the app can be downloaded from the market and will work the same, you put your username and password in and it verifies you have a premium account.

Guest Arthur Hucksake
The Spotify app is free, it's the service that needs payment.... surely if you pay for the service through 3Planet or whatever it is (sorry, on T-Mo so no idea what it is or how it works) then the app can be downloaded from the market and will work the same, you put your username and password in and it verifies you have a premium account.

I've had to do it that way.

Three offer it as a service so it adds to your phonebill rather than have to pay by credit card, which is what I was after.

Got a call from Three to say I should be able to subscribe via Three now i'm a Spotify member. lol ffs

Just have to wait a month and then try and switch I guess.