RBM2/u8230 Troubles

Guest swalkner

Guest swalkner

Hello,

After fighting through the u8230 Custom ROM thread(s) and also googling for u8230 information I think it it might be time for me to start a new thread concerning the RBM2 (Red Bull Mobile 2) mobile phone.

The RBM2 is also labelled "u8230" but trying the Custom ROM 1.8 the device remains in a reboot loop.

I'm not sure any more but another version (I guess it was 1.7) booted the device properly but the touch did not work. Using the trackball it was possible to use the phone...

I hope anyone else has the same device or has any further information for me I have not noticed so far.

Installing the "December Update" (Through SD-Settings > Upgrade) did not work as well. The only message being displayed was: "Upgrade failed"...

I'd love to use the Custom ROM with a newer android release...

Thank you very much in advance,

steven

Guest Glycerin

Ok, now i post in this thread...

Summary:

Ok, i tested... when i install the customrom the phone depends at the android writing. B)

when i install superboot the touch have no function. the keys have function... :(

Thank goodness the nandroid-backup is working!

Any ideas to get a customrom working on my device? is it possible to make a u8230 custom rom with root access without adapting the pulse settings?

Sorry for my bad english :D

OK, now i tested again on my RBM2 / U8230.

1st: Wipe - Flash CustomRom 1.1 - Wipe

The CustomRom is starting, but the touchscreen is not working.

2nd: Wipe - Flash CustomRom 1.7 - Wipe

The CustomRom doesnt start - the device is in a loop - (know i know that i doesn't have the december update :D)

Anyone have any ideas to get root access on my device? I need it to delete apps which are locked from the provider and use apps2sd!

Regards

Any ideas... When i can open these img with a editor or any other i can compare it with my stock and so i can make a superboot for my rom or not?

Or the MCR works on my device (touch doesnt work)

Or is it better to wait... i don't think so :lol: :lol: :D

Edited by Glycerin

Guest speedme

Not an answer, but do you happen to have the original ROM or do you know where we can download it ?

As a real F1 fan, I'm most interested in this original ROM :D

Edited by speedme

Guest swalkner
Not an answer, but do you happen to have the original ROM or do you know where we can download it ?

As a real F1 fan, I'm most interested in this original ROM :D

hello!

sure - the rom can be downloaded from HuaweiDevices

If you need any further information etc. - please do not hesitate do ask...

thx

Edited by swalkner

Guest McSpoon

Hey Glycerin,

It would be interesting to discover why your touchscreen doesn't work when using the Pulse superboot.

Would you be able to upload a copy of your /proc/config.gz ?

You can get a copy from your device using the adb tool.

adb pull /proc/config.gz config.gz

Within that file is just the config settings they used when compiling the RBM2 kernel. I'm wondering if it's different to the Pulse .config.

Guest swalkner
Hey Glycerin,

It would be interesting to discover why your touchscreen doesn't work when using the Pulse superboot.

Would you be able to upload a copy of your /proc/config.gz ?

You can get a copy from your device using the adb tool.

adb pull /proc/config.gz config.gz

Within that file is just the config settings they used when compiling the RBM2 kernel. I'm wondering if it's different to the Pulse .config.

if its allright i'd like to help out with the kernel config: http://nopaste.info/12a0f1b627.html

cheers

Guest McSpoon
if its allright i'd like to help out with the kernel config: http://nopaste.info/12a0f1b627.html

Excellent. Cheers.

It's exactly the same as the Pulse .config with December Update. I was thinking maybe your device was using a different touchscreen driver but thats not the case.

So I'm baffled as to why the touchscreen stops working. :D (and it's probably something completely unrelated to the touchscreen).

Guest swalkner
Excellent. Cheers.

It's exactly the same as the Pulse .config with December Update. I was thinking maybe your device was using a different touchscreen driver but thats not the case.

So I'm baffled as to why the touchscreen stops working. :D (and it's probably something completely unrelated to the touchscreen).

hmmm strange.

I'll try to install the december update.

I only tried the customized ROM 1.8 and the superboot image.

I know understand how to apply the update - using the perlscript to get the images from the update.app etc :D

Perhaps it works with the december update...

cheers

Guest Glycerin
Excellent. Cheers.

Does this mean that the december update is already included in the rbm2 stock rom?

Guest McSpoon
I only tried the customized ROM 1.8 and the superboot image.

Just to confirm: Are you now back to using the original RBM2 ROM? or is your device rooted with superboot?

Guest swalkner
Just to confirm: Are you now back to using the original RBM2 ROM? or is your device rooted with superboot?

superboot did not work -> the touch was not usable.

But wait: I installed now the December update (download zip - perl script delivered system.img - flashed system.img - done)! And everything works...

Except the ugly t-mobile branding.

How can I proceed now?

Can I flash now the 1.8 custom (kitchen) system?

thx

Guest swalkner
superboot did not work -> the touch was not usable.

But wait: I installed now the December update (download zip - perl script delivered system.img - flashed system.img - done)! And everything works...

Except the ugly t-mobile branding.

How can I proceed now?

Can I flash now the 1.8 custom (kitchen) system?

thx

Okay - I did it. I applied the 1.8 Custom Image. I copied the signed zip onto my SD card and then I went into recovery mode and did the "flash zip update".

The update applied successfully but now I'm stuck with the reboot-loop. It shows the huawei logo then the android logo for a while and then it reboots again (showing the huawei logo).

Any suggestions/help?

Thx very much!

Guest McSpoon

Installing the 1.8 custom ROM will replace your boot.img. You could try flashing your original RBM2 boot.img afterwards (but it won't be rooted).

Perhaps it's possible to unpack your RBM2 boot image and the 1.8 custom ROM boot image and create a new one with the best bits of both. I've no idea. But this link might help if you wish to try exploring it:-

http://android-dls.com/wiki/index.php?titl...ack_Boot_Images

(but if you do try anything on that page, please be aware the pulse has it's partitions mounted differently, see this post).

Edited by McSpoon

Guest swalkner
Installing the 1.8 custom ROM will replace your boot.img. You could try flashing your original RBM2 boot.img afterwards (but it won't be rooted).

Perhaps it's possible to unpack your RBM2 boot image and the 1.8 custom ROM boot image and create a new one with the best bits of both. I've no idea. But this link might help if you wish to try exploring it:-

http://android-dls.com/wiki/index.php?titl...ack_Boot_Images

(but if you do try anything on that page, please be aware the pulse has it's partitions mounted differently, see this post).

cool! I did it. Installed the 1.8 System and used my backupped boot.img :D

It works. I'll try it a while and see how it goes... But you're of course right: It's not rooted...

Now I have to fight the "french" away to get everything english...

thx for now

Guest McSpoon

That is due to the Radio Interface Layer libraries. These 2 files:-

/system/lib/libril.so

/system/lib/libril-qc-1.so

You need to retrieve those files from your RBM2 ROM (You could unyaffs the sytem.img to extract them).

Whenever you install a new ROM you'll have to restore those files with the RBM2 versions.

Guest swalkner
That is due to the Radio Interface Layer libraries. These 2 files:-

/system/lib/libril.so

/system/lib/libril-qc-1.so

You need to retrieve those files from your RBM2 ROM (You could unyaffs the sytem.img to extract them).

Whenever you install a new ROM you'll have to restore those files with the RBM2 versions.

coolio! thx very much - i'll try that...

Guest swalkner

how can I get the shared objects back onto the running system?

if the device is running - I cannot overwrite the object since it is read-only.

In recovery mode I cannot access the directory...

What can I do?

What can I do?

Search up my post in the editing framework-res.apk thread. It tells you there. Will have a look and edit this post in a sec.

EDIT:

$ adb shell

$ mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock1 /system

Edited by xangma

What can I do?

you can access it in recovery...you just need to mount it first.

but 'adb remount' is much easier.

Guest Glycerin

Anybody know this:

In the Ramdisk file of my the default.prop is this:

#

# ADDITIONAL_DEFAULT_PROPERTIES

#

ro.secure=1

ro.allow.mock.location=0

ro.debuggable=0

persist.service.adb.enable=0
In the Ramdisk file of the boot from the customrom there are this:
#

# ADDITIONAL_DEFAULT_PROPERTIES

#

ro.secure=0

ro.allow.mock.location=0

ro.debuggable=1

persist.service.adb.enable=1

When i change the stock default.prop with the default.prop from the customrom, then i have root access - this would be too simple - or is it? :D

Guest McSpoon

Cool, you're learning this stuff very fast. :D

Yep, as well as the default.prop changes, you'll also notice the 1.8 MCR has a superboot folder and some changes in the init.rc file too. :lol:

Merge that stuff into the RBM2 boot image and you'll have an awesome rooted RBM2. :D (Admittedly it's easier said than done, but keep going)