Is this android 2.1 for the pulse?

Guest HunteronX

Guest HunteronX
Yes, and you scared me =P

Haha :D ; I hope this means that there will be a release soon, so you and BigBearMDC etc. wont have to keep working to get a 2.0 rom running.

Ahh I thought it was gonna be a rom on the Huaweidevice.com or something :lol:

Cant wait for it to be released, hopefully we get multitouch etc..

Seems it will be out march 8th then :D :D

Looking forward to this update - assuming it'll be ported to the Pulse?

Judging from the first image posted, it will be built for the Pulse :D,

I cannot wait for this :D, gonna make the Pulse even better than it already is!

Will android 2.1 for the Pulse mini be a straight drop-in for the classic pulse, or are there likely to be mods needed?

Edit ^ Doh.

Edited by Stevos

Do you think that when 2.1 is released it will have multitouch support? and would flash from another 2.1 device be easily ported (If Adobe dont release it before we get the rom)??

2.1 on the U8220/Pulse:

2.1 on the U8230:

Edited by Spooke

This is great news!

I wasn't sure we were going to get 2.0/2.1 at all!

Hopefully, they've got the ROM working well with all the hardware, and are just testing it, ready for distribution to us :D

2.1 on the U8220/Pulse:

From what I can read:

Baseband version:

Kernel Version:

2.6.29-perf

huawei@android-compile #1

Edited by Guest

Guest Richard_Arkless
Do you think that when 2.1 is released it will have multitouch support? and would flash from another 2.1 device be easily ported (If Adobe dont release it before we get the rom)??

2.1 on the U8220/Pulse:

2.1 on the U8230:

well I heard from somewhere that flash would work with firmware 2.1 so I would think its painless to install, (download apk or get from market, install and done) as for the multi touch guess were gonna have to wait and see I guess but as the other thread about multitouch being possible on the pulse then I guess why not to get multitouch

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest martoto
Excellent! Looks like 2.1 comes with a 3.5mm jack too :D
Nope, he said 2.5mm :D

It is slightly disappointing how 2.1 performs on Pulse. Moreover, all of the eye-candy animations (like animated wallpaper{actually they're on} and opening start menu 3D animation) are turned-off. Hope they are going to optimize the ROM better for the official release.

Anyway, this is very good news :lol:

Edited by martoto

Guest helikopter
Nope, he said 2.5mm :D

It is slightly disappointing how 2.1 performs on Pulse. Moreover, all of the eye-candy animations (like animated wallpaper{actually they're on} and opening start menu 3D animation) are turned-off. Hope they are going to optimize the ROM better for the official release.

Anyway, this is very good news :D

when you say start menu do you mean the program launcher? as far as i know, it won't be available even for the motorola droid because of hardware limitations. the same with animated wallpapers.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/02/08/motorol...cludes-multito/

i don't care if we have to lose the eyecandy for the sake of performance. for me 2.1 means more features than 1.5, not water waves and stupid coloured lines running up and down on the home screen.

other thing is remember how bad the performance was with the original t-mobile rom. after some tweaking (i hope that paul will stil take care of us) it became a lot faster, especially with the vanilla roms.

Guest helikopter
Damn! Shan't be installing *that* then.

i can't see your point. did you expect that by upgrading the pulse's operating system to a newer version they will upgrade the headphone jack socket, too? :D