Is this android 2.1 for the pulse?

Guest HunteronX

How long will it take Modaco to make there version of the ROM?

depends what modifications you are expecting...

a) rooted version might take a few hours

:D MCR might take a few days

c) one that cooks coffee might take a little longer

Guest Totyasrác
depends what modifications you are expecting...

a) rooted version might take a few hours

:lol: MCR might take a few days

c) one that cooks coffee might take a little longer

Well, I can't even guess how long it takes for a ROM to bring breakfast to bed :D :D :lol:

Guest _melchett

now things have calmed a bit in the Pulse forum i thought i might ask a few questions about the update when it does arrive.

1) 2.1 will bring with it a new kernel, if,for whatever reason2.1 doesn't work out can you reapply the current kernel?

2) is the new kernel backwards compatible with the current cupcake build?

3) once we get a kernel that can do 1.6/2/2.1 how hard is it to cross-flash a different rom eg hero with sense ui - efforts are being made on different threads i know.

I do not want to suggest that 3 is easy,i do not want to disrespect the massive amount of effort people on this forum put in, its just i have absolutely no idea what would be require. Thanks

btw,does anyone else think that the four buttons on the bottom bar of the 2.1 rom (in the videos) look too congested?, i think the two that arecurrently on the rom look much better, even if i never use favorites.

Guest david_dawkins

1. Assuming you mean Custom/Stock ROM (Android + Kernel), I don't see why not.

2. I'm not sure we have any way of knowing that (yet). Given the issues we've had cross-matching kernels and android builds so far, I'd say it looks unlikely.

3. From the dabbling I've done on trying to hybrid the Hero kernel with the Pulse kernel (and BigBearMDC is THE man to talk to about this), I'd say this

won't happen. It depends what kind of dependencies reach down from the SenseUI components down into the kernel; if they only need 2.6.29 features (whatever the heck they actually are), we stand a chance. If they check for HTC hardware then we're hosed :-) Of course, it's well known around here that I have no idea what I'm talking about so let's keep our fingers crossed.

Dave

Cross flashing can work. No extra hardware will work though. I've had a dream 1.6 ROM on here once, nothing worked though.

Exactly, G1 stuff can work on the G2, because it's got mostly the same internals, same with Hero, but not the Pulse because it's all different on the inside :(

When the 2.1 upgrade finally arrives will I loose the apps2sd app thats included with the custom rom I have currently installed? If so how easy would it be to put that into the new upgrade?

Guest BigBearMDC
When the 2.1 upgrade finally arrives will I loose the apps2sd app thats included with the custom rom I have currently installed? If so how easy would it be to put that into the new upgrade?

Yes, you would loose A2SD.

Rooting should take about 5 mins (if I got that correctly).

I think it would take less than one hour to integrate A2SD in a custom ROM :(

Greetings,

BigBear

Edited by BigBearMDC

Yes, you would loose A2SD.

Rooting should take about 5 mins (if I got that correctly).

I think it would take less than one hour to integrate A2SD in a custom ROM :(

Greetings,

BigBear

Once we have the kernel source, that is.

Guest flash2004
Have you tried PDA Net? or other apps?

I want to use my Pulse as a Mi-fi.

Wi-fi tether is the only way to do it, I think. Is there any other way ?

Guest psionandy
"All U.S. Android phones to receive Android 2.1, but some will require a wipe"

Although I live in Europe I hope it's true, since - as far as I know - the Pulse is out in the US too.

... So say we all! :(

is the pulse out in the US? I know there are Asian, European and British variants, but is there a genuine American version of the pulse? which network carries it????

Guest ZsZso
is the pulse out in the US? I know there are Asian, European and British variants, but is there a genuine American version of the pulse? which network carries it????

I've made a little research in this matter and there's no proof it's out there. Damn, you are right. The phone isn't sold in NA.

Edited by ZsZso