HTC Desire leaked and rom ported to Nexus One. Possible for Hero?

Guest Zeppu

It's everywhere on the news today, that Paul managed to load the Desire ROM to the Nexus One.

Is there *any* hope that it could be somehow ported to the Hero? I really like HTC Sense and that's the only reason I haven't installed one of the vanilla roms yet.

What do you guys think?

It's everywhere on the news today, that Paul managed to load the Desire ROM to the Nexus One.

Is there *any* hope that it could be somehow ported to the Hero? I really like HTC Sense and that's the only reason I haven't installed one of the vanilla roms yet.

What do you guys think?

Even more interesting IMO, I've read that HTC Eris in the US is getting a new ROM including Android 2.1 and HTC Sense.

Since, AFAIK, Eris has quite same hardware as Hero, I think is a good opportunity for our developers to finaly get a running Android 2.1 HERO kernel from HTC ...

Please correct me if I'm wrong ...

Even more interesting IMO, I've read that HTC Eris in the US is getting a new ROM including Android 2.1 and HTC Sense.

Since, AFAIK, Eris has quite same hardware as Hero, I think is a good opportunity for our developers to finaly get a running Android 2.1 HERO kernel from HTC ...

Oh yeah you're absolutely right! Awesome, that should make it somewhat easier. I'm sure the smart people here will be able to do something for us noobs :D

Guest MultiMartin

I think you are correct. The Droid Eris has practically the same hardware as the HTC Hero as well as an additional proximity sensor.

EDIT: Beaten to it!

Edited by MultiMartin

The rom that 'somehow' appeared on Eris devices is clearly unfinished. Sync problems and other pretty major faults from what I've read (followed links on Engadget to read some stories).

I think the Hero has more in common with the Legend than other devices. For surely the Desire! It's a complete different class! No way. NexusOne hardware basicly == HTC Desire hardware so it's easier to port.

Waiting for the official Hero 2.1 update is still your best bet.

Guest shokka9

shouldnt you be asking for the Legend ROM to be used and not the Desire.

As somebody said earlier...The Nexus One is basically the same phone as the HTC Desire.

Either way, i dont think it will happen....just wait for 2.1 to officially be rolled to the Hero.

Talk about phone envy

:D

Guest MultiMartin
According to the build.prop this is a 1.5 build.

I thought it was too good to be true. However, dsixda from xda developers has just posted this:

Here is the system.img and boot.img:

http://myunspace.com/?d=0BA42CF41

He says he grabbed it from the Eris 2.1 ROM's ROM Update Utility.

Original discussion: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...4899&page=2

Guest MultiMartin
I seen a video what looked like 2.1 on it :D

Sorry I meant the link I included from another forum wasn't actually the 2.1 update it was something else. Guess we will have to wait and see if anybody can port it to the GSM Hero...

Guest masterpfa
I think the Hero has more in common with the Legend than other devices. For surely the Desire! It's a complete different class! No way. NexusOne hardware basicly == HTC Desire hardware so it's easier to port.

Waiting for the official Hero 2.1 update is still your best bet.

Even better waiting for Paul to get his hand on the Official ROM and weave his magic!! :D

Guest masterpfa

What do you guys think?

HTC have confirmed that HTC Sense (2.1) will officially be released for the Hero and if past performances are to go by the Developers will get hold of an official copy before released by HTC (As he has done with the Kernel in the past!).

There is no need to waste time and effort on trying to port the Desire ROM to the Hero, I personally can wait, AOSP will satisfy my "Desire" for a 2.1 experience for now. :D