I bought Sygic mobile maps for Hero (Android - navi)

Guest mkrogh

Hi -

I see a lot of forums.

When it comes to Navigation, its allways Copilot which is mentioned.

Some even writes this is the only Navi for Android.

But this is not the case.

I bought this navigation - http://sygic.com/

And it works really well on My Hero.

Downloadet app. 2 gig of maps and app.

You can do an installation where you choose which contries/languages you want installed.

Pretty nice ....

Just wanted to tell you :D

BR

MKrogh

Hi mkrogh, i use Sygic since it was out, for symbian 3rd edition. I switched to android last year and it was the first software i installed. I really like it, it's simple and clean for me, but i have copilot too installed in my device. My friend with motorola milestone use Ndrive, i never tried it but i will. I thought that i was the only person using sygic, but now i changed my mind! :D

The map is pretty new here for Italy, no complains from me.

Edited by deeone

Hi mkrogh, i use Sygic since it was out, for symbian 3rd edition. I switched to android last year and it was the first software i installed. I really like it, it's simple and clean for me, but i have copilot too installed in my device. My friend with motorola milestone use Ndrive, i never tried it but i will. I thought that i was the only person using sygic, but now i changed my mind! :lol:

The map is pretty new here for Italy, no complains from me.

Hi ...

I tryed Copilot as well, but found Sygic Moblie maps a bit better, but IMHO, I find them pretty much alike :D

Nice to see this 3. product as well.

I havent seen Ndrive before.

Looks nice :D

BR

MKrogh

I have all 3.

My verdict:

1. NDrive (more complete than the others 2, can import nicely trips or POI's generated in Google Earth .kmz files). Don't like the voices so much.

2. Sygic (to be honest, I change often from NDrive to Sygic. Sygic is a bit "cleaner". Best voices of the three ...

3. Copilot ... installation was a nigtmare. Otherwise a basic clean interface. Quite fast, but a bit tricky to find the correct way to add favorites or navigate to them.

If I had to keep only one, I think I would go for NDrive.

Guest Dr Hotdog

I think this all depends very much on where you live, I don't think any of the Android satnav apps have truly global coverage and based on the comments in this thread it seems that the quality of map data varies considerably from country to country even if you're using the same app.

When I bought Copilot Live 8 last year only it and Sygic had Australian maps, and I've been perfectly happy with it. There may be a few more options now but I'm not prepared to buy them just to try them out, satnav apps are expensive!

I think this all depends very much on where you live, I don't think any of the Android satnav apps have truly global coverage and based on the comments in this thread it seems that the quality of map data varies considerably from country to country even if you're using the same app.

When I bought Copilot Live 8 last year only it and Sygic had Australian maps, and I've been perfectly happy with it. There may be a few more options now but I'm not prepared to buy them just to try them out, satnav apps are expensive!

Hope this little discussion can help others chose their favorite nav :D

Have a nice day

MKrogh

I use NDrive... It has a lot of Points of Interest and the map is really accurate! The software is from my country so for me is really up to date! And visually it looks better than CoPilot or Sygic IMOH!

Guest Wilkcos

I hadnt heard of NDrive or Sygic having co-pilot myself. Ndrive does look nice, but i not had any problems with co-pilot and it is cheaper then these other two.