[ROM] eViL Eclair v2.2 (Liquid e) [4/15/2010] (FINAL eViL LE ROM)

Guest eViL D:

Guest audiobastard
I removed the android keyboard with voice search. As I understood, I saw some problems with the apk passing verification during the flash? Was that not correct? If it was working, I'd certainly add it back. Again, which version?

I'm not sure what version this is, but I installed it and it seems to work perfectly.

voice search and keyboard apk

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EVL1JNST

Guest audiobastard

well, i'd like to say you hit a home run with this rom, but its just a tad too soon to say. I still have to test navigation. You know, I find that the best way to test the speed of a rom (at least for me) is how fast titanium back up reinstalls applications. I say this rom is about as fast (if not faster on some apps) as the 1.6 920mhz rom reinstalling apps via titanium and that's saying alot. Really good job EvilD, really good so far.

thank you

word to the wise, when installing this rom, after the install, do not choose the set up wizard, but choose the .com.android..... option. All is working well so far for me, but i did just get done reinstalling apps and stuff. Live wallpaper is much more functional than on other 2.1 roms.

Guest audiobastard
I'm not sure what version this is, but I installed it and it seems to work perfectly.

voice search and keyboard apk

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EVL1JNST

I take that back. I am getting a force close after typing two letters in. I think you are supposed to uninstall the original android keyboard first but I'm not sure. I"m gonna install the htc ime keyboard and hopefully that won't FC on me. I remember having this issue before on other roms.

Ok, so i uninstalled the voice search and hten installed the htc ime keyboard and it worked, but voice input didn't work. So i reinstalled the voice input apk i linked to and then used the htc ime keyboard for voice input and typing. Everything works fine, but the new android keyboard messes up when typing in the browser or an input field like twidroid login screen.

Either way, this is the snappiest 2.1 i've installed yet. I still get the black screen after exiting an app like speedtest, but clicking home button takes me right back to the desktop so no big deal. Its probably a memory issue.

Edited by audiobastard

Guest eViL D:
I take that back. I am getting a force close after typing two letters in. I think you are supposed to uninstall the original android keyboard first but I'm not sure. I"m gonna install the htc ime keyboard and hopefully that won't FC on me. I remember having this issue before on other roms.

Ok, so i uninstalled the voice search and hten installed the htc ime keyboard and it worked, but voice input didn't work. So i reinstalled the voice input apk i linked to and then used the htc ime keyboard for voice input and typing. Everything works fine, but the new android keyboard messes up when typing in the browser or an input field like twidroid login screen.

Either way, this is the snappiest 2.1 i've installed yet. I still get the black screen after exiting an app like speedtest, but clicking home button takes me right back to the desktop so no big deal. Its probably a memory issue.

That's awesome to hear! Is this one of the themed roms?

Guest audiobastard
That's awesome to hear! Is this one of the themed roms?

no i didn't try one of the themed roms b/c i've been reading how folks are having problems. I just tonight switched from 1.6 to your 2.2s rom. But i'm pretty happy so far. Hope it holds up. thanks ;)

Auto deletes my google voice shortcut on center desktop when I have my voice toggle shortcut next to it. Its a .008 bin problem generally.

45mb free ram, 23 mb free ram with live wallpaper. That's with my apps and a couple widgets

There is a bug in gallery where when I click on a picture it opens the one above it for some reason.

Edited by audiobastard

Guest rafyvitto

eViL_Eclair_v2.2s working like a charm...not so with eViL_Eclair_v2.2t_r5/4 both bootloop =]

btw: anyone else expiriencing the 0.800 bug with the battery indicator showing a question marks then freezing and restarting by its self, i have to deal with this atleast 10 times a day ><, but i can deal with it =], its just annoying as hell thats all, guess the kernel of 0.800 hates my liquid =]

Edited by rafyvitto

Guest audiobastard
no i didn't try one of the themed roms b/c i've been reading how folks are having problems. I just tonight switched from 1.6 to your 2.2s rom. But i'm pretty happy so far. Hope it holds up. thanks ;)

Auto deletes my google voice shortcut on center desktop when I have my voice toggle shortcut next to it. Its a .008 bin problem generally.

45mb free ram, 23 mb free ram with live wallpaper. That's with my apps and a couple widgets

There is a bug in gallery where when I click on a picture it opens the one above it for some reason.

the error only occurs when accessing gallery from the desktop wallpaper installer. (menu --> wallpaper --> gallery).

Guest stilkus

Hey all,

I am already waiting for my Liquid to ship.. I am from Egypt so it's taking some time to arrive, but in the mean time I'm checking these roms to be able to decide which one I'll flash as soon as the liquid arrives... there are so many but so far I'm in love with eViL's Roms .. Great Job dude ;) ... Keep it .. you're cheering up a lot of Liquid users and future ones too ;)

I would love to know if the latest 2.2t rom has any hardware related malfunctions and what's the cpu clock speed with it ?

Guest audiobastard

if you want to change cpu clock speed (overclock), you'll probably need to go to 1.6 android and install one of the blc 1ghz roms. The 2.1 roms aren't overclocked but i guess you can underclock it using set cpu. To answer your question, the clock speed is stock on 2.1 roms.

I'd recommend this 2.2s rom, though it isn't exactly perfect. Some minor cosmetic issues like the message notification staying on. But, with that said, its probably the best new 2.1 out there though I haven't tried piter's 1.3.5 rom yet.

Also, be aware that the 2.1 roms that use the 0.008 bin as the base can cause the turn by turn gps to run backwards. Some folks don't have the problem, but some other folks and I do have the problem

Good luck and enjoy your acer. Be very careful with it b/c the top right part of the screen is very sensitive. Alot of us have gotten leaking lcd screens from very minor bumps in that area. Be gentle and you'll be happy with your new phone.

Guest Yuking
Clear your notifications. It should disappear.

But stk always has a notification, and if i install a digital battery status, there has to have a notification.

2.0r1 has no such problem, how to solve it?

Guest eViL D:
eViL_Eclair_v2.2s working like a charm...not so with eViL_Eclair_v2.2t_r5/4 both bootloop =]

btw: anyone else expiriencing the 0.800 bug with the battery indicator showing a question marks then freezing and restarting by its self, i have to deal with this atleast 10 times a day ><, but i can deal with it =], its just annoying as hell thats all, guess the kernel of 0.800 hates my liquid =]

Anyone else with random reboots?

Guest eViL D:
2.2t R2 Works, you must choose no sign check.

But I don't advise to flash the themed one:

-many graphical glitches, star in the google search widget, notifications background is the wifi icon and every notification icon is wrong.

-Themed launcher looks nice, but it's an old one, really not as smooth as the one from 2.1.9 and 2.2s.

But 2.2s works great, using it now.

Thanks

Could you get me some screens of the glitches?

Guest ShcJosh

I'm using 2.2s , and it's a very good rom!

Thank you for the hard work Evil D...

May i ask, is this rom support app2sd?

I use malezRecovery to move app to sd ,

but it just keep rebooting after the "Android" screen.

Then I move app back to phone,

and it works again...

Guest rafyvitto
Anyone else with random reboots?

Its not the rom btw, its the 0.800 bin in hole, dosnt matter what 0.800 rom i flash they all behave the same, tho yours with the newer 0.00X system.img does it less often.

Guest eViL D:
I'm using 2.2s , and it's a very good rom!

Thank you for the hard work Evil D...

May i ask, is this rom support app2sd?

I use malezRecovery to move app to sd ,

but it just keep rebooting after the "Android" screen.

Then I move app back to phone,

and it works again...

Honestly, I have not even looked into A2SD. We've got a 512MB Rom. I am in the belief you do not need 200+ apps on your phone. It's cool to do? Thats subjective. But, is it practical? NO. Sure, there is an argument about apps and games getting larger, but seriously, games are not great right now (Personally I wouldn't waste space on any of them) and the larger apps are generally the mapping or live wp apps. One should pick a middle ground when it comes to keeping apps and not worry about A2SD.

Guest eViL D:
Its not the rom btw, its the 0.800 bin in hole, dosnt matter what 0.800 rom i flash they all behave the same, tho yours with the newer 0.00X system.img does it less often.

LOL, that's comforting. ;)