[ROM] eViL Eclair v2.2 (Liquid e) [4/15/2010] (FINAL eViL LE ROM)

Guest eViL D:

Guest audiobastard
How could I remove default keyboard and install others?

Sorry for noob question....

you can just install the .apk keyboard and pick it as input from the settings-- keybaord menu. I dunno about uninstalling it but you can go to applications, then click menu, filter, and pick all -- there you can find the keyboard and uninstall it but I wouldn't recommend uninstalling it. Just install another one.

Google htc ime v20 for a good keybaord with the voice input icon. It's pretty popular with the B-tards. In fact, it even works on android 1.6 but the voice input requires you to talk substantially louder than you would on android 2.1.

I actually posted a link to where I uploaded the keyboard apk on this forum. I think its earlier in this post a bit. The one I uploaded is just the standard keybaord but i think i also linked to htc ime... if not, just google it.

But anyway... that's how you'd do it. Personally, I use attachapk app from the market and then just email the apk to myself and install from the attachment. Since I usually DL on different computers I find that to be a good way to install 3rd party software you can't get on the market.

Guest eViL D:
you can just install the .apk keyboard and pick it as input from the settings-- keybaord menu. I dunno about uninstalling it but you can go to applications, then click menu, filter, and pick all -- there you can find the keyboard and uninstall it but I wouldn't recommend uninstalling it. Just install another one.

Google htc ime v20 for a good keybaord with the voice input icon. It's pretty popular with the B-tards. In fact, it even works on android 1.6 but the voice input requires you to talk substantially louder than you would on android 2.1.

I actually posted a link to where I uploaded the keyboard apk on this forum. I think its earlier in this post a bit. The one I uploaded is just the standard keybaord but i think i also linked to htc ime... if not, just google it.

But anyway... that's how you'd do it. Personally, I use attachapk app from the market and then just email the apk to myself and install from the attachment. Since I usually DL on different computers I find that to be a good way to install 3rd party software you can't get on the market.

Root explorer works great for installing and uninstalling any apk. Worth the money.

Guest audiobastard
Root explorer works great for installing and uninstalling any apk. Worth the money.

or if you're poor, do it my way. I suppose you can use astro file explorer too or really any explorer that lets you get onto your SD card I think. I've used astro to install apks before.

there's also some free apps that install of sd ... i think its like sdapk or something like that.

Edited by audiobastard

Guest eViL D:
or if you're poor, do it my way. I suppose you can use astro file explorer too or really any explorer that lets you get onto your SD card I think. I've used astro to install apks before.

there's also some free apps that install of sd ... i think its like sdapk or something like that.

Well, Astro does not let you have "root" access to the system, so you can't delete things from /data or /system, only sdcard. ;)

Guest audiobastard
Well, Astro does not let you have "root" access to the system, so you can't delete things from /data or /system, only sdcard. ;)

Damn you and your superior knowledge of android!!! ;) ;)

Guest mmkim
Just finished at mediafire

BTW, 2.2s is on all 3 download links.

I go at mediafire and search it , no this item.

mediafire cannot find 2.2s and 2.2t.

and why no display on this topic ?

because before version have display on THE LINK.

sorry for my simply english. I am a new member for hong kong , tks!! ;)

Guest mmkim
Damn you and your superior knowledge of android!!! ;) ;)

DON'T HUN....

you may use 'root exploer' to delete you want.

pls go to market to download it first. and then install to your phone.

pls root your phone first and use it .

open your root exploer and choice 'always allow' .

and go to you want what your bad thing delete it before choice display right corner have a 'r/w' .

choice 'r/w' one click it . change 'r/o' can delete you want ! ;)

Guest audiobastard
DON'T HUN....

you may use 'root exploer' to delete you want.

pls go to market to download it first. and then install to your phone.

pls root your phone first and use it .

open your root exploer and choice 'always allow' .

and go to you want what your bad thing delete it before choice display right corner have a 'r/w' .

choice 'r/w' one click it . change 'r/o' can delete you want ! ;)

Thanks, but I wasn't the one who needed help with the issue. I have absolutely no problems getting at the files in my phone and destroying everything I know and love in the process.

the poster just wanted to know how to install a different keyboard on the liquid. ;)

Guest liudodo
I guess since there's been no feedback from 2.2t_beta, that's good news.....

I test 2.2t_beta Rom ,bad news,the status bar is still orange,;)

Guest simonsy89

Hi guys, i'm using evil 2.2t (amazing!), but i have a problem with the message led that is always on. I encountered this problem also with the evil 2.2s version. Someone has solved this problem?

Guys try this to fix the status bar: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5NKIGUFD

Push it via: adb push framework-res.apk /system/framework

It works for me...

EDIT: Evil I modified Piter's Smoked Glass to make it work on 2.2s (or even t) but it still checks for some files that I deleted like 3DGallery apk. I can install it via no sign check but I want to know how to make it work with veryfication.

Edited by bais

Guest umair9001
Hi guys, i'm using evil 2.2t (amazing!), but i have a problem with the message led that is always on. I encountered this problem also with the evil 2.2s version. Someone has solved this problem?

Even same for me..message led always on..

As well browser app always running in the memory..

Edited by umair9001

Guest mmkim
Thanks, but I wasn't the one who needed help with the issue. I have absolutely no problems getting at the files in my phone and destroying everything I know and love in the process.

the poster just wanted to know how to install a different keyboard on the liquid. ;)

a...ah...ha ha!!!

don't mind him...guy.

no him no fun play your phone, right?? ;)

Guest eViL D:

It works for me...

EDIT: Evil I modified Piter's Smoked Glass to make it work on 2.2s (or even t) but it still checks for some files that I deleted like 3DGallery apk. I can install it via no sign check but I want to know how to make it work with veryfication.

You will need to sign, like this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...ghlight=signing

You also need the JDK (Java Developement Kit)

Guest eViL D:
Even same for me..message led always on..

As well browser app always running in the memory..

Are you using a task manager to kill it then? With the kernel in 2.2, lowmemkiller settings are default. You can download auto memory manager to help with that.

Guest eViL D:
Hello! since i've flashed this rom im getting restart in every hour ;)

Is this also with no apps installed? If not, it could be an app problem. Did you wipe everything before flashing? cache, dalvik and format phone? It's done via the script, but should always be done manually anyway.

Guest eViL D:

It works for me...

If you say that works, then 2.2t_beta should work. Good work though.

Guest audiobastard
Could be a bug in .008 bin.

I don't think the message led is a bug on .008 b/c none of the other roms based on it have an issue. I think its b/c of the system files but again... i don't know anything i just like to read myself write. <--- (in will ferrell voice) I JUST SAID THAT!!!!