Toshiba Support Responses - can we poll our resonses from Toshiba RE sound quality issues

Guest adzman808

Guest adzman808

Firstly my apologies,

there's a about 10 threads across 2 msg boards on TG01 call quality & this post could have gone in any one of them....

however - in these posts several ppl have urged us all to contact Toshiba directly, which i think is a suprb idea & i set about doing this yesterday!!

I started off innocently saying that i was disapointed with the call quality on my TG01 & i used the 'contact support' link from thier website.

The biggest positive i've drawn from this, is this that any update should be released via the Toshiba website, so hopefully we wont be at the mercy of the providers...........

(as you see) I'm trying to get them to clarify what they're doing & when they hope to do it & how they aim to do it.

I'm interested in makign sure they tell the same thing to each of us.....

which i think they basically have been (saying the same to each of us)

Known so far

When = fcuk knows

What = fcuk knows

How = download from Toshiba site

cheers

here's my conversation so far

============================================================

Sent: 18 February 2010 15:54

To: Bonn, Adam

Subject: 100218EM14490725

Dear valued Toshiba customer

Thank you for contacting Toshiba Mobile Communications.

You would need to do a hard reset of the phone – please see the user manual for a hard reset. Make sure you backup any data first as the hard reset will return the handset to the original factory settings and delete all your data and settings

Please do not hesitate to contact us again for further assistance and use the reference number found in the subject field for all enquiries.

Best Regards,

IT Technical Support

Toshiba Mobile Communications,

T: 008000 505 2006 - International free phone number

T: 0044 207 111 0990 - Please use this number if your country does not support the free phone number

E: [email protected]

================================================================================

=====

Sent: 18 February 2010 16:03

To: 'Toshiba Support'

Subject: RE: 100218EM14490725

Hi Toshiba support,

Thank you for your prompt response.

I’m afraid that I’ve tried a hard reset (3 times) & this didn’t work….

Talking to other TG01 owners on various internet msg boards I see that the problem I have is common amongst TG01 users across Europe – be they Orange UK handsets or handsets from Germany/France/Italy.

Many people have logged calls from these countries (to you) & I’ve seen posted responses from Toshiba’s IT Support teams that suggest there is a software update or revised radio stack that is due to be released that should resolve this issue.

Could you please advise me what I need to do in order to receive this update?

Many thanks & best regards

Adam Bonn

Senior Desktop Analyst

T-Systems Ltd

A Deutsche Telekom Group Company

Futura House, Bradbourne Drive, Tilbrook, Milton Keynes, Bucks MK7 8AZ

e-mail: [email protected]

Internet: http://www.t-systems.com

================================================================================

Sent: 19 February 2010 10:58

Dear Adam

Thank you for contacting Toshiba Mobile Communications. Regarding your enquiry, the poor sound quality on WM 6.5, for Toshiba TG01.

This should be resolved soon as software testing is in process.Once the testing is completed and approved by operator we will be released to the customer via the normal channels.

http://www.toshiba-europe.com/mobile/Mobil...T%3d0%3bSEC%3d3

Please do not hesitate to contact us again for further assistance and use the reference number found in the subject field for all enquiries.

Best Regards,

Carola R.

T: 0044 207 111 0990 - Please use this number if your country does not support the free phone number

=

Sent: 19 February 2010 11:19

Hi Carola,

Thanks for your reply.

When you say “resolved soon as software testing is in progress” do you mean that software testing has yet to start?

Are you able to give an approximate date when this update could be released?

The TG01 has been available for a number of months now, has already had an upgrade from Windows 6.1 to 6.5, yet still the call quality problem remains.

Can you advise what type of solution the call quality fix will be?

Can I expect a software patch or updated radio stack or complete windows upgrade (eg 6.5.3)?

Thanks again for your assistance

Best regards

Adam

===========================================================================

Edited by adzman808

Guest Ács Lajos
Firstly my apologies,

there's a about 10 threads across 2 msg boards on TG01 call quality & this post could have gone in any one of them....

however - in these posts several ppl have urged us all to contact Toshiba directly, which i think is a suprb idea & i set about doing this yesterday!!

I started off innocently saying that i was disapointed with the call quality on my TG01 & i used the 'contact support' link from thier website.

The biggest positive i've drawn from this, is this that any update should be released via the Toshiba website, so hopefully we wont be at the mercy of the providers...........

(as you see) I'm trying to get them to clarify what they're doing & when they hope to do it & how they aim to do it.

I'm interested in makign sure they tell the same thing to each of us.....

which i think they basically have been (saying the same to each of us)

Known so far

When = fcuk knows

What = fcuk knows

How = download from Toshiba site

cheers

here's my conversation so far

============================================================

Sent: 18 February 2010 15:54

Dear valued Toshiba customer

You would need to do a hard reset of the phone – please see the user manual for a hard reset. Make sure you backup any data first as the hard reset will return the handset to the original factory settings and delete all your data and settings

Best Regards,

IT Technical Support

=====

Sent: 18 February 2010 16:03

Hi Toshiba support,

Thank you for your prompt response.

I’m afraid that I’ve tried a hard reset (3 times) & this didn’t work….

Talking to other TG01 owners on various internet msg boards I see that the problem I have is common amongst TG01 users across Europe – be they Orange UK handsets or handsets from Germany/France/Italy.

Many people have logged calls from these countries (to you) & I’ve seen posted responses from Toshiba’s IT Support teams that suggest there is a software update or revised radio stack that is due to be released that should resolve this issue.

Could you please advise me what I need to do in order to receive this update?

Many thanks & best regards

Adam Bonn

Senior Desktop Analyst

T-Systems Ltd

A Deutsche Telekom Group Company

Futura House, Bradbourne Drive, Tilbrook, Milton Keynes, Bucks MK7 8AZ

e-mail: [email protected]

Internet: http://www.t-systems.com

Sent: 19 February 2010 10:58

Dear Adam

Thank you for contacting Toshiba Mobile Communications. Regarding your enquiry, the poor sound quality on WM 6.5, for Toshiba TG01.

This should be resolved soon as software testing is in process.Once the testing is completed and approved by operator we will be released to the customer via the normal channels.

Best Regards,

Carola R.

=

Sent: 19 February 2010 11:19

Hi Carola,

Thanks for your reply.

When you say “resolved soon as software testing is in progress” do you mean that software testing has yet to start?

Are you able to give an approximate date when this update could be released?

The TG01 has been available for a number of months now, has already had an upgrade from Windows 6.1 to 6.5, yet still the call quality problem remains.

Can you advise what type of solution the call quality fix will be?

Can I expect a software patch or updated radio stack or complete windows upgrade (eg 6.5.3)?

Thanks again for your assistance

Best regards

Adam

===========================================================================

Hi, I recieved this today:

Dear Lajos

Thank you for contacting Toshiba Mobile Communications. Regarding your enquiry, I will send you an email when the software update will be available. The link from where you will be able to download the file is :

Best Regards,

Carola R.

We do not give up!

Guest adzman808

excellent - well thats 2 calls RE shjt sound quality that "Carola R" has taken today

perhaps we should direct ALL future comms to [email protected] FAO Carola R

lets keep this Carola girl busy at work, get a few more complaints about the sound quality - nothing like whining customers to drive a situation fowards.... (i work in a IT support environment & you tend to resolve he who is whining loudest first)

can some of you email Carola please?

NOTHING NASTY - THAT HELPS NO ONE

but just give a her a steady steam of people making the same complaint, again & again & again & again....

....we've been getting the 'fix is in testing phase' line for a while now........

Guest mcklane

I got the same reply (last week):

"Thank you for contacting Toshiba Mobile Communications. Regarding your enquiry, the poor sound quality on WM 6.5, for Toshiba TG01.

This should be resolved soon as software testing is in process.Once the testing is completed and approved by operator we will be released to the customer via the normal channels."

I plan to submit a complaint to Orange Uk as well.

Cheers

Edited by mcklane

Guest Ács Lajos
excellent - well thats 2 calls RE shjt sound quality that "Carola R" has taken today

perhaps we should direct ALL future comms to [email protected] FAO Carola R

lets keep this Carola girl busy at work, get a few more complaints about the sound quality - nothing like whining customers to drive a situation fowards.... (i work in a IT support environment & you tend to resolve he who is whining loudest first)

can some of you email Carola please?

NOTHING NASTY - THAT HELPS NO ONE

but just give a her a steady steam of people making the same complaint, again & again & again & again....

....we've been getting the 'fix is in testing phase' line for a while now........

Some mail from Carola:

1.Where were U last night?....

2.I'm in my bed and....

3.It was huge...

Just kidding!

I have some similar mail like U.

I'm patient but my first mail was send in january (about 10)

There are older users who mailing with the Toshiba about sound problems (2009 2-3Q)

Guest adzman808
Some mail from Carola:

1.Where were U last night?....

2.I'm in my bed and....

3.It was huge...

Just kidding!

I have some similar mail like U.

I'm patient but my first mail was send in january (about 10)

There are older users who mailing with the Toshiba about sound problems (2009 2-3Q)

hey baby, i need your hands on my radio stack !!!!!! :D ~ maybe that could work !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think toshiba could've fixed this by now if they'd wanted....

i never had the 6.1 version - so i don't know how much they improved the problems with the 6.5 upgrade...

every msg i've posted here that i got from Toshiba has been received in the last 24hrs - that's a good response time

Not sure i'll get much response from my last question....

if fact i wonder what will arrive 1st, a cooked ROM or a fix from Toshiba.....

Same reply here:

"Thank you for contacting Toshiba Mobile Communications. Regarding your enquiry, the poor sound quality on WM 6.5, for Toshiba TG01.

Best Regards,

Carola R.

E: [email protected]"

Guest adzman808

some more info from Toshiba... I'm skeptical RE the 2 weeks.... They still haven't confirmed what they're releasing....

anyways, one lives in hope.... i'll let you know if i hear any more... I'm starting to run out of questions to ask them... well other than 'when are you gonna stop phucking about & fix our phones' but i fear asking that is counter productive....

cheers

Sent: 20 February 2010 10:15

Dear Adam

Thank you for contacting Toshiba Mobile Communications.Regarding your enquiry there isn't an aproximately date at the moment, we are waiting for more information from the Headquaters.

Best Regards,

Carola R.

................................................................................

Sent: 22 February 2010 13:58

Hi Carola,

I know that you guys have been working on this update for a while; can you advise how you plan to inform TG01 users that this update is available?

Thanks & regards

Adam

Sent: 24 February 2010 09:57

Dear Adam

Thank you for contacting Toshiba Mobile Communications. Regarding your enquiry we have been inform that the update will be available in 2 weeks time aproximately, however if you wish I can inform you by email as soon it is posted in the Toshiba website.

Best Regards,

Carola R.

................................................................................

Sent: 24 February 2010 10:00

Hi Carola,

Yes – if you could email me when the update is available that would be great.

Can you advise me what form the update will take – is it a software or driver patch or a windows update?

Thanks for all your help

Kind regards

Adam

Guest Ács Lajos
some more info from Toshiba... I'm skeptical RE the 2 weeks.... They still haven't confirmed what they're releasing....

anyways, one lives in hope.... i'll let you know if i hear any more... I'm starting to run out of questions to ask them... well other than 'when are you gonna stop phucking about & fix our phones' but i fear asking that is counter productive....

cheers

Sent: 20 February 2010 10:15

Dear Adam

Thank you for contacting Toshiba Mobile Communications.Regarding your enquiry there isn't an aproximately date at the moment, we are waiting for more information from the Headquaters.

Best Regards,

Carola R.

Sent: 22 February 2010 13:58

Hi Carola,

I know that you guys have been working on this update for a while; can you advise how you plan to inform TG01 users that this update is available?

Thanks & regards

Adam

Sent: 24 February 2010 09:57

Dear Adam

Thank you for contacting Toshiba Mobile Communications. Regarding your enquiry we have been inform that the update will be available in 2 weeks time aproximately, however if you wish I can inform you by email as soon it is posted in the Toshiba website.

Best Regards,

Carola R.

Sent: 24 February 2010 10:00

Hi Carola,

Yes – if you could email me when the update is available that would be great.

Can you advise me what form the update will take – is it a software or driver patch or a windows update?

Thanks for all your help

Kind regards

Adam

Woooow

Just two weeks.

Im interested in....

Thanx Adam

I will send a simiral email on next week too. to Carola

Guest adzman808
Woooow

Just two weeks.

Im interested in....

Thanx Adam

I will send a simiral email on next week too. to Carola

Hi Ács Lajos

here's hoping... but i wont be shocked if there's no update in 2 week or even 4...

i fear she is lying to me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if she lets me know what update they're releasing, i'll post the info here...

cheers

Adam

Guest Ács Lajos
Hi Ács Lajos

here's hoping... but i wont be shocked if there's no update in 2 week or even 4...

i fear she is lying to me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if she lets me know what update they're releasing, i'll post the info here...

cheers

Adam

it was ironic sentence from me.

i think too, they are lying.

Is there upper level where we can turn with our problem?

User protect for example. I think its a serious problem at a phone(almost unusable for call).

When I call someone I hear always these: Can U repeat? I dont understand what U saying. What? Uhh lagging. Turn off the airhammer please on the background. Where U are, in a mine?....

Its a serious problem for 300 pounds.

Guest adzman808
it was ironic sentence from me.

i think too, they are lying.

Is there upper level where we can turn with our problem?

User protect for example. I think its a serious problem at a phone(almost unusable for call).

When I call someone I hear always these: Can U repeat? I dont understand what U saying. What? Uhh lagging. Turn off the airhammer please on the background. Where U are, in a mine?....

Its a serious problem for 300 pounds.

i could not agree more... its made worse in the UK by pairing with Orange...

the worst provider allied to poorest handset....

which is pretty much the same recipie as Nicky Hayden riding for Ducati in Motogp = the guy who most overides the bike, riding the easiest bike to crash in the whole series :(

Guest JustMrMak

Hi Guys,

has anyone heard anything? I've clicked on the link and the only thing available is Windows Mobile 6.5.

Finally, does anyone know if the sound quality was better in Windows Mobile 6.1? I'm wondering whether it's a software or hardware problem :S

Guest adzman808
Hi Guys,

has anyone heard anything? I've clicked on the link and the only thing available is Windows Mobile 6.5.

Finally, does anyone know if the sound quality was better in Windows Mobile 6.1? I'm wondering whether it's a software or hardware problem :S

(i believe) most people think the sound quality is BETTER on 6.5

if Toshiba are to be believed they'll be an update in APPROX 2 weeks from my original post (the post where i say "it'll be 2 weeks" not the start of this topic).

[thats wed 10th of March to save you doing the math :(]

personally i think Toshiba are NOT to be believed....

I don't buy into how they are not able to specifiy WHAT the update will be.... If something's 2 weeks from release its been in production a lot longer.... strange how they don't know what they're due to release....

if i hear any more i'll let you know

Cheers

Edited by adzman808

Guest Ács Lajos
i could not agree more... its made worse in the UK by pairing with Orange...

the worst provider allied to poorest handset....

which is pretty much the same recipie as Nicky Hayden riding for Ducati in Motogp = the guy who most overides the bike, riding the easiest bike to crash in the whole series :(

Come on Mr Mak, send a mail to Carola!

More mail, more chance to get the update.

Respect

Guest Lobothos

Hi,

I'm a french new user of this phone (WM 6.5 with Orange France), and it works really well (pretty fast, no reboots, no freezes...). I've just changed the not really cool interface (I'm using SPB 3.5).

The only problem is........... I have that call quality issue too <_< (no banging sound, but some blanks during conversation)

I've contacted Toshiba and they sent me that well known email telling me that they're currently working on the fix and they're now negotiating with network operators in order to release this fix.

I don't know if I should trust what they say... but I'll wait and will continue to send them emails twice a week until I have a real answer.

Guest adzman808

the 2 weeks they quoted me are up this week (they said "APPROX" 2 weeks - 2weeks from when they said that is Wednesday 10th of March) - so lets give them a little grace & say if nothing's available to download by 1 week today, then they are not so trust worthy.......

Guest Lobothos

That is what I was thinking... <_<

I'just received an email from Toshiba:

Thank you for contacting Toshiba Mobile Communications. Regarding your inquiry about the TG01, the update it will be ready very soon but there is no official date to be released and we recommend to keep monitoring the web site this week for the update.

Best Regards,

Richard G

www.toshiba-europe.com/mobile

So... there is hope ("keep monitoring the web site this week")

That would be awesome, as it is the only problem with my TGO1... battery lifetime is no more a problem as I just received my 1300ma battery today. Hey, that's almost 30% more than the regular one, better than nothing :mellow:

Guest souljaboy

contributing to epic thread ...

Toshiba currently is negotiating with the network operators in order to release

new software to resolve the audio issue. Unfortunately, we cannot do anything

until this approval is been given.

Once the testing is completed and approved by operator we will be released to

the customers via the normal channels

Please do not hesitate to contact us again for further assistance and use the

reference number found in the subject field for all enquiries.

Best Regards,

Richard G

Guest Ács Lajos
the 2 weeks they quoted me are up this week (they said "APPROX" 2 weeks - 2weeks from when they said that is Wednesday 10th of March) - so lets give them a little grace & say if nothing's available to download by 1 week today, then they are not so trust worthy.......

Come on it's almost the finish line.

This week.

I'm so exciting!

If they are really release the update, and that works, i'll send flowers to Carola!

Guest Lobothos
Come on it's almost the finish line.

This week.

I'm so exciting!

If they are really release the update, and that works, i'll send flowers to Carola!

I'll send flowers AND candies ! <_<

Guest kevinpwhite
I've just emailed Carola asking when the update will be availble <_<

Likewise. Also asked for specificity regarding whether a .cab patch, WM6.5 new build or (dare we hope ?) WM6.5.3.

Will advise any facts which may possibly emerge.