Toshiba Support Responses - can we poll our resonses from Toshiba RE sound quality issues

Guest adzman808

Guest GabbaGabbaHey
can I ask the obvious question here, does anybody reading this forum have a perfectly working toshiba tg01 phone, with which they are able to have a conversation and the other person can hear them perfectly?
I'll hold my hand up and say that I have no problems with my phone. I have unlocked it and am using it on O2. I'm not a heavy phone user, but I can always hear the other person clearly enough, and have had no adverse comments from the people I have been speaking to.

My problems all relate to the PDA side of the device!

Also: it's easy to bash Toshiba up, but there are a number of organisations which could be causing the issues which people have, including Microsoft (who provide the operating system), Orange (or whoever is the originating network), whichever provider supplies the network which is being called, as well as an infinite variety of applications from an infinite number of developers, any one of which might be causing unintended problems. I'm not defending Toshiba here, but the problems people are having may not be entirely their fault.

Guest Lobothos
I'll hold my hand up and say that I have no problems with my phone. I have unlocked it and am using it on O2. I'm not a heavy phone user, but I can always hear the other person clearly enough, and have had no adverse comments from the people I have been speaking to.

My problems all relate to the PDA side of the device!

Also: it's easy to bash Toshiba up, but there are a number of organisations which could be causing the issues which people have, including Microsoft (who provide the operating system), Orange (or whoever is the originating network), whichever provider supplies the network which is being called, as well as an infinite variety of applications from an infinite number of developers, any one of which might be causing unintended problems. I'm not defending Toshiba here, but the problems people are having may not be entirely their fault.

Well I'm happy for you if your phone works... but the facts are:

- I used to have a lot of PDA/phones (HTC, Nokia...), all of them with Orange, and all of them with WM (5, 6.1, 6.5) and I NEVER had any trouble with the sound during my calls, and this includes all kind of networks (GSM, GPRS, 3G, 3G+...)

- a lot of TG01 users complain about this bad sound call issue, on differents roms (except maybe on the Italian rom apprently), differents networks, different operators, both version of the OS (WM 6.1 & WM 6.5), but ALL of them on the same device... so it's not very difficultt to think that the problem comes from the TG01 itself...

and the most important :

- Toshiba told us they know about this sound issue and are "working" on it... so it seems that they're aware that the problem comes from the TG01 itself !

If people from the customer service tell you that they're working on your problem and soon they will release a fix, I think that they better tell us the truth ! or this would be a very bad lie (you'd better not say something so precise, never promise something like that if you really want to bullshit the customer !!)

So wait and see... I really hope they're trying to fix this issue...

Edited by Lobothos

Guest souljaboy

@Gabba

i believe u that ur sound isnt cracking up for the other half , i dont have that issue either . we're lucky

but i doubt u dont have the high gain/disortion effect in ur own front speaker

Guest John Simmons

My better half has an HTC HD2, which is running the same operating system (WM 6.5). When I use my orange sim in it the voice quality in it is perfect. If the issue was with operating system or orange I'd expect to have similar problem in the HD2 as well.

I strongly suspect the problem lies somewhere with Toshiba or the ROM they have.

Guest pipi52
Well I'm happy for you if your phone works... but the facts are:

- I used to have a lot of PDA/phones (HTC, Nokia...), all of them with Orange, and all of them with WM (5, 6.1, 6.5) and I NEVER had any trouble with the sound during my calls, and this includes all kind of networks (GSM, GPRS, 3G, 3G+...)

- a lot of TG01 users complain about this bad sound call issue, on differents roms (except maybe on the Italian rom apprently), differents networks, different operators, both version of the OS (WM 6.1 & WM 6.5), but ALL of them on the same device... so it's not very difficultt to think that the problem comes from the TG01 itself...

and the most important :

- Toshiba told us they know about this sound issue and are "working" on it... so it seems that they're aware that the problem comes from the TG01 itself !

If people from the customer service tell you that they're working on your problem and soon they will release a fix, I think that they better tell us the truth ! or this would be a very bad lie (you'd better not say something so precise, never promise something like that if you really want to bullshit the customer !!)

So wait and see... I really hope they're trying to fix this issue...

+1 - I've owned a windows mobile from orange for the last 5 years+ and i've had no problems with my phones (HTC/SAMSUNG) or the OS.

sorry I believe it is a toshiba problem - only alternative for me is the HTC HD2...which orange do not offer (at the moment)

Guest Lobothos
+1 - I've owned a windows mobile from orange for the last 5 years+ and i've had no problems with my phones (HTC/SAMSUNG) or the OS.

sorry I believe it is a toshiba problem - only alternative for me is the HTC HD2...which orange do not offer (at the moment)

And I don't really want to change my device... except for this fµ%£!in' sound problem, this TG01 is really great, almost all the first troubles (reboots, freezes...) have been corrected with the upgrade from 6.1 to 6.5

Does anybody have any mail from Toshiba since the last ones ?

Guest John Simmons
Does anybody have any mail from Toshiba since the last ones ?

Just now received the usual response that they are negotiating with network operator to release the update..

"Thank you for contacting Toshiba Mobile Communications.

Toshiba currently negotiating with the network operators in order to release new software to resolve the audio issue. We can say its comming soon and we recommend to keep monitoring the web site for any time update.

Once the testing is completed and approved by operator we will be released to

the customers via the normal channels

Please do not hesitate to contact us again for further assistance and use the

reference number found in the subject field for all enquiries."

Guest Lobothos

I've just received an email too:

Dear valued customer

Thank you for contacting Toshiba Mobile Communications. Regading your enquiry about the TG01, this new update it will be available soon to the customer and we recommne dto keep monitoring the web site fo any time updates or information regarding the issue with the audio on TG01.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again for further assistance and use the reference number found in the subject field for all enquiries.

Best Regards,

Richard

Toshiba Mobile Communications,

T: 008000 505 2006 - International free phone number

T: 0044 207 111 0990 - Please use this number if your country does not support the free phone number

E: [email protected]

www.toshiba-europe.com/mobile

<_<

Guest Chriss29

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to let you guys know that I have been having the very same audio quality issues where the other party has trouble hearing my voice clearly. I am currently using the TG01 on T-mobile in New York City, in the USA. So the frequency here is 850/1900 Mhz. Anyway, I have tried several different roms with NO luck. One rom I tried was an older generic Italian rom I had found on some forum, but that did not work either. The last thing I tried was the Italian ROM from the Toshiba support site and guess what? It works perfectly !!! After using it for 4-5 days now, I haven't had one single complaint about people not hearing me properly. I know, the rom is in Italian and that stinks but I was so happy to finally be able to talk on my phone !!! <_< By the way I did use the SDDL + file in order to be able to flash my UK phone with the Italian rom.

P.S. I believe the reason this ROM works, is that it has an updated version of the radio stack, as some mentioned in other threads.

tg01_sddl_.zip

Edited by Chriss29

Guest tirreno

As i have mentioned before...i was trying every possible rom and only Italian comes without call quality issues...i know language barrier can be an issue for some but at least u can call Toshiba a PHONE now.

Guest Chriss29
As i have mentioned before...i was trying every possible rom and only Italian comes without call quality issues...i know language barrier can be an issue for some but at least u can call Toshiba a PHONE now.

I know, I was on the brink of desperation and was considering selling my phone at a loss.... just to get rid of it.... Now, I can at least wait a bit longer until Toshiba hopefully releases the promised fix.

The obvious conclusion here is that the problem we have been experiencing is definitely NOT hardware related. Otherwise how would the Italian rom work so well? If TOSHIBA keeps delaying the update, maybe the guys working on the custom rom can take parts of this Italian rom and create a working English version.

Edited by Chriss29

Guest John Simmons

Latest email from Toshiba which seems to indicate that the update is being released tomorrow...fingers crossed

Thank you for contacting Toshiba Mobile Communications. Regarding your enquiry about your device, Toshiba is planning a software update to fix the audio device to be released tomorrow in the Toshiba web site. After you installed this update in your device and the problem still happening, then contact us and we will help you with further support.

Guest Lobothos
Latest email from Toshiba which seems to indicate that the update is being released tomorrow...fingers crossed

Thank you for contacting Toshiba Mobile Communications. Regarding your enquiry about your device, Toshiba is planning a software update to fix the audio device to be released tomorrow in the Toshiba web site. After you installed this update in your device and the problem still happening, then contact us and we will help you with further support.

OMG !!!

Is it true ??? if so, Allelujah !!

Guest bib*oops
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to let you guys know that I have been having the very same audio quality issues where the other party has trouble hearing my voice clearly. I am currently using the TG01 on T-mobile in New York City, in the USA. So the frequency here is 850/1900 Mhz. Anyway, I have tried several different roms with NO luck. One rom I tried was an older generic Italian rom I had found on some forum, but that did not work either. The last thing I tried was the Italian ROM from the Toshiba support site and guess what? It works perfectly !!! After using it for 4-5 days now, I haven't had one single complaint about people not hearing me properly. I know, the rom is in Italian and that stinks but I was so happy to finally be able to talk on my phone !!! <_< By the way I did use the SDDL + file in order to be able to flash my UK phone with the Italian rom.

P.S. I believe the reason this ROM works, is that it has an updated version of the radio stack, as some mentioned in other threads.

yeah, you're absolutely right, I'm using same italian ROM with no problems at all, after upgrading to wm 6.5, whatever network/frequency I use.

Btw do you encountered "out of display" parts of image/buttons/(e.g. like in Alarms the little bell used to set ringtone:I see just a half of it).

Please reply!

Thx...

Guest Chriss29
yeah, you're absolutely right, I'm using same italian ROM with no problems at all, after upgrading to wm 6.5, whatever network/frequency I use.

Btw do you encountered "out of display" parts of image/buttons/(e.g. like in Alarms the little bell used to set ringtone:I see just a half of it).

Please reply!

Thx...

Hey, no I do not have any problems with the display, everything appears as it should. It seems strange that you have this issue. Sorry I can't help with it....

Guest Ács Lajos
Fingers crossed!!! <_<

Uhh, already tomorrow? If I should know this morning, Ishouldnt call today anybody. Just tomorrow with my new voice.

Guest Aquadextrous

I really HOPE that the Tomorrow thing is true!!! Though I am getting more confused and more p***ed off as after my post the pother day telling me to send the phone for repair, i got this reply today:

Dear XXXXXX

Thank you for contacting Toshiba Mobile Communications.

Toshiba currently negotiating with the network operators in order to release new software to resolve the audio issue. We can say to you that this software it will be release soon and we recommend to keep monitoring the web site for anytime update. Dont send this device to the repair center yet untiil install the new update for audi issue that should be out soon.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again for further assistance and use the

reference number found in the subject field for all enquiries.

Best Regards,

Toshiba Mobile Communications

So one minute send the phone for repair, the next don't send it.. Seriously, is anyone at Tosh talking to each other?!

If this upgrade doesn't come tomorrow i think it's time for some further action, speaking to the BBC etc. This whole affair is a complete shambles and I think Tosh seriously deserve their reputation to be torn to pieces over this. Yes, new phones have bugs, but i've never known any phone to be able to go on for 7 months + without being able to make calls. Bloody rediculous.

Aquadextrous. x

Guest bib*oops
Hey, no I do not have any problems with the display, everything appears as it should. It seems strange that you have this issue. Sorry I can't help with it....

Strange...No big deal for me this "out of display"-issue, it's not so bad, but still...

Thx for your quick reply!

Guest useyourfist

i sent them an email this morning as needed some proof for bbc watchdog (we should all fill out the form) and got this in response so im going to give them till friday as this is the first they have told me about fix.

Dear useyourfist

Thank you for contacting Toshiba Mobile Communications. Regarding about your enquiry, Toshiba UK is releasing in the end of this week the update to fix the audio quality from your device. This software will be available in the Toshiba Web site.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again for further assistance and use the reference number found in the subject field for all enquiries.

Best Regards,

Richard Genovezzi

Guest Lobothos
i sent them an email this morning as needed some proof for bbc watchdog (we should all fill out the form) and got this in response so im going to give them till friday as this is the first they have told me about fix.

Dear useyourfist

Thank you for contacting Toshiba Mobile Communications. Regarding about your enquiry, Toshiba UK is releasing in the end of this week the update to fix the audio quality from your device. This software will be available in the Toshiba Web site.

Best Regards,

Richard Genovezzi

Mmmmmh, today ? end of the week ? <_<

ok, I'll give them until friday too...