MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest GodDriven
I can't upgrade to Google Maps 4.1.0 due to a signature failure. I am using N1 with A15.

no Issues Here.. this is nice.. Really nice.. :)

I travel alot and like to see where I am at.. It really doesnt mean much.. Well you know they will add more.. For now just as is great.. ;)

Keep it coming.. Google.. :P

Guest IntoTheVoid

This was done on MCR 2.0 not the Desire A15 but it might on it as well because the maps were reverted back to stock.

I take no responsibility if someone does this and something goes wrong. Maybe you should do a nand backup before you try this.

I removed it via the adb method by connecting the phone to the computer and typing in the stuff below in the cmd listed here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=630887

adb remount

adb shell "find /system /data -name *com.google.android.apps.maps.apk* -o -name Maps.apk | xargs rm"

adb uninstall com.google.android.apps.maps

I restarted the phone and then reinstalled it from the market and it installed fine. I guess the left over bits from the patched version were screwing it up.

Edited by IntoTheVoid

Guest PhonePersona
Hey Paul, I was wondering if there was any chance of porting that world clock to add as an option on the other kitchen roms?

I could be wrong, but I think the world clock is tied to Rosie/HTC Sense.

If it is, then I don't think it can be ported to other non-Sense UI ROMs.

'Non-Sense'....heheheh!

Guest notfive

Bit of a noobish question: I flashed A15 over a stock phone running ERE27 just now. Can I flash the radio update for ERE36B/ERE54B directly onto what I have? Or do I need to install the ERE54B update first?

Guest bakano

I'm sorry to all you people who are geniuses at finding super specific posts on forums about problems... I"m not that great at it... so please forgive me for asking this if someone has already answered it

I have an issue where every night after midnight, when someone sends me a text, it registers the correct time but of the previous day. Does anyone else have this problem or have a fix for it?

even a link to a site would be much appreciated. thanks =)

Guest jlevy73
WHERE'S GODDRIVEN? LOL.. HAHAHA

HEY GUYS.. I need a little Help.. Like I really Do.. I used to Hang out at XDA as You all know and some even tied me to their signature. LOL.. I went through some issues with an Alpha that I am testing for Swiftkey, well not with switkey, but, with XDA, I posted it before I had known about the "sensitivity" of XDA's warez issue.. I left and moved on.. Why bother.. ya know.. ? Now, a lot of people have been asking for me over there.. I have been busy also porting the HTC Incredible Sense and Desire Sense to the Droid and have succeded very well with my friends over at Alldroid. The Zuesdroid Team..

jlevy73 recently wrote: Oh Paul honey, any leads on resolving the bluetooth problem? Figured I'd ask since GodDriven has gone on sabbatical < Oh you All know this would never happen to me..

mcp2009 replied: lol what happened to goddriven i saw his account was disabled and then saw he made a new profile named G-driven and after each post he put "this is goddriven" then that got disabled and havent heard from him since lol. is he around? < Right Here!

> Thread.. XDA.. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...;postcount=2376

This is The project.. over at Alldroid.. So it's as lil hard to go back and forth.. LOL.. Plus I have no connect to XDA... http://alldroid.org/threads/15747-ZeusDroi...5529#post565529

I ask: Can someone be nice, and make a nice post and notify where I am.. Post the link for Alldroid.. Give this as my twitter @PlankLongBeard < Actually means Jesus, my name, In pirate. My Full Name.. LOL..

And of course lead them hear.. Plus this will help Paul with AdFree and Plus Subs while Noobs and New people arrive.. I dint know why or how this happened. I just help guys, I just try and pass knowledge to the stuck one.. if it was me I would not want this to happen to me.. You know.. >?

Thanks.. To all and whomever help.. Thanks guys..

Easy there my friend. Last I heard from you was a PM via XDA saying you changed your username. In my reply I sent you my gtalk handle but never heard back from you. And do explain, how I have not been nice to you? If I would have known you were here I would have been happy to let others know. But thanks for quoting me completely out of context. I hope those reading your post know there is always more than one side to a story.

Guest jlevy73
Updating to the latest Google Maps 4.1 tonight:

gmaps1edit.pnggmaps2.png

Anyone know of a fix??

Did you uninstall GM 4.0 first? If not, try that then install 4.1

Guest jlevy73
Bit of a noobish question: I flashed A15 over a stock phone running ERE27 just now. Can I flash the radio update for ERE36B/ERE54B directly onto what I have? Or do I need to install the ERE54B update first?

Yes you can. Just make sure your battery is charged and do not pull the battery during the install.

Guest supernine
Updating to the latest Google Maps 4.1 tonight:

gmaps1edit.pnggmaps2.png

Anyone know of a fix??

Uninstalled using ES task manager.. then install maps from market. All good

Guest mcp2009
WHERE'S GODDRIVEN? LOL.. HAHAHA

HEY GUYS.. I need a little Help.. Like I really Do.. I used to Hang out at XDA as You all know and some even tied me to their signature. LOL.. I went through some issues with an Alpha that I am testing for Swiftkey, well not with switkey, but, with XDA, I posted it before I had known about the "sensitivity" of XDA's warez issue.. I left and moved on.. Why bother.. ya know.. ? Now, a lot of people have been asking for me over there.. I have been busy also porting the HTC Incredible Sense and Desire Sense to the Droid and have succeded very well with my friends over at Alldroid. The Zuesdroid Team..

jlevy73 recently wrote: Oh Paul honey, any leads on resolving the bluetooth problem? Figured I'd ask since GodDriven has gone on sabbatical < Oh you All know this would never happen to me..

mcp2009 replied: lol what happened to goddriven i saw his account was disabled and then saw he made a new profile named G-driven and after each post he put "this is goddriven" then that got disabled and havent heard from him since lol. is he around? < Right Here!

> Thread.. XDA.. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...;postcount=2376

This is The project.. over at Alldroid.. So it's as lil hard to go back and forth.. LOL.. Plus I have no connect to XDA... http://alldroid.org/threads/15747-ZeusDroi...5529#post565529

I ask: Can someone be nice, and make a nice post and notify where I am.. Post the link for Alldroid.. Give this as my twitter @PlankLongBeard < Actually means Jesus, my name, In pirate. My Full Name.. LOL..

And of course lead them hear.. Plus this will help Paul with AdFree and Plus Subs while Noobs and New people arrive.. I dint know why or how this happened. I just help guys, I just try and pass knowledge to the stuck one.. if it was me I would not want this to happen to me.. You know.. >?

Thanks.. To all and whomever help.. Thanks guys..

lmao hey man this is the same mcp2009. I was wondering where ya been because i would always seen ur postings when people needed help and then one day i saw u were disabled and i was like whoa. Dat sucks they would ban u for that. But good to know ur still around answers my question. Someone replied to my post and said u were at modaco so i googled "modaco goddriven" and bam i find a thread with my username i was suprised lol. But are like banned permanently for that one link?

Guest nike.stars
Need capacitive buttons to light up. Everyone says they work but few cannot get them on. How do we get them to light? I've baked my own rom but still no luck. Also complete wipe was done.

having the same problem here, i wonder why. three major problem for me which are very annoying:

- auto brightness detection performance aren't on par with nexus stock rom, it cannot detect light very well and just changing brightness like crazy every few seconds which is hurting my eyes (altough ambient light around doesn't change a bit and i hold the device steady, doesn't block the light sensor)

- capacitive button light don't work, it sometimes light up randomly but only for a few seconds

- power button sometimes stuck, it doesn't work if i pressed to sleep the device, the only remedy i know is to reflash it again all over

other than that issue i can still cope with it.

Edited by nike.stars

Guest BrumBrum74

Uninstalled Google Maps and updateted to version 4.1 and I get login failed when trying to login to Google Latitude.

Anyone have a tip for me to get to login again? Have reinstalled and turned on and off my N1 several times.

Guest BrumBrum74

Thanks Paul. Didn't check that notification. Works now.

But how is this Latitude Widget supposed to work?

Shows nothing now, just my city name.

Thanks Paul. Didn't check that notification. Works now.

But how is this Latitude Widget supposed to work?

Shows nothing now, just my city name.

Have you added any friends? :)

P

Guest PhonePersona
Alpha 16 with camera quality and flash timing fix + footprints fix online soon, just going through final testing. :)

P

You really are 'Da Main Man'.

Like Lobo ;)

EDIT - I'm assuming this new ROM will NOT require a wipe. Am I correct?

Edited by PhonePersona

Guest PhonePersona

Possible Bug?

Every now and then when trying to send an SMS and just about every time I try to send an MMS, I get an 'FC' error.

However, the message is still sent or is sending when I go back into the messaging app.

I also get a lot of 'message not sent errors' even when my signal strength is perfect.

Sometimes, the messages will finally be sent after a while and sometimes not. Its pretty sporadic.

NOTE: I'm using the Nexus messaging app NOT the HTC Sense one. I also have the latest Radio installed.

Does anyone else experience this?

Alpha 16 now available! :)

P

Changelog

Alpha 16

• Reworked Camera application modifications from scratch - pictures should now be better quality and the flash will now fire as accurately as on a real Desire
  • Fixed HTC Footprints
  • Updated Google Maps to 4.1

Guest cortez
Possible Bug?

Every now and then when trying to send an SMS and just about every time I try to send an MMS, I get an 'FC' error.

However, the message is still sent or is sending when I go back into the messaging app.

I also get a lot of 'message not sent errors' even when my signal strength is perfect.

Sometimes, the messages will finally be sent after a while and sometimes not. Its pretty sporadic.

NOTE: I'm using the Nexus messaging app NOT the HTC Sense one. I also have the latest Radio installed.

Does anyone else experience this?

i don't know if this will help your situation, but, i've been using this custom Mms.apk (based on the stock Android Mms.apk) that has options for a black background, changing font size, hiding names and some other features. after 3 days of use, no FC's ... fingers crossed!