MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest muncheese

I noticed a couple bugs pop up between 14 and 15, I'll check after I install 16.

Alarm clock was going off, but the screen doesn't change to "drag to dismiss/ snooze button" on the display.

I also had the phone freeze up after dismissing the alarm. (Twice actually)

Screen wouldn't light up once as well, has to pull the battery.

sms: I've had messages say "not sent" but were in fact sent. I accidently sent somone a crude joke four times, lol.

Edited by muncheese

Guest skydart
Ooh, just noticed zoom works in the camera now as of A16.

P

Paul, everything in the camera seems to work flawlessly except the flash in no light. I didn't notice the pull out menu before (on the left when shooting a picture, nor did I notice that you can tell it where you want it to focus!) My Nexus One just got cooler! ;-)

Guest GodDriven
Ooh, just noticed zoom works in the camera now as of A16.

P

P, did you noitce the camera is not flashing right..

Is it just us few people..

Guest GodDriven
Paul, everything in the camera seems to work flawlessly except the flash in no light. I didn't notice the pull out menu before (on the left when shooting a picture, nor did I notice that you can tell it where you want it to focus!) My Nexus One just got cooler! ;-)

Yeah.. This is TRUE!

Guest ootherocoo

Is anyone else have an issue with the "Clock and Weather" HTC updating. The weather doesn't update correctly. When it's dark outside, the sun still shows on my screen, when I wake up in the morning, the moon is still up....LOL.

HELP!!

Guest GodDriven
Is anyone else have an issue with the "Clock and Weather" HTC updating. The weather doesn't update correctly. When it's dark outside, the sun still shows on my screen, when I wake up in the morning, the moon is still up....LOL.

HELP!!

Settings..

Check your settings within the Weather intervals. You could have this done by the changing them. Plus Geo location (automatically download data) is what keeps working in the time zone your in..

If you are seeing this after daylight savings time.. All devices are.. Until the zones and rise and set are reset.. You don't don't it.. The T-mobile now ATT network wild do this for you..

Plus, if you get up at 8am and there's light outside, but the moon shows.. It's the refresh hasn't happened according to when you set it up.. Just refresh manually.

Yeah Just checked... Make sure your intervals are within 1-3 hours.. Now look at it this way.. If you set it at 2:56am it will refresh ONLY at the specified times after this initial set-up.

Meaning.. 2:56am refresh at 3 hours.. 5:56am then 8:56am.. etc.. it's when you placed not every hour on the hour.. or every three hours on the hour. LOL.

Hope that helped..

Edited by GodDriven

Guest 18.4009

Here are a few pics I took in a semi lighted room.

This one is without flash (yes I need to clean my keyboard)

IMAG0038.jpg

Then with flash on (looks like flash worked well)

IMAG0039.jpg

Then here is a dark object (flash on)

IMAG0042.jpg

Dark object (flash off)

IMAG0043.jpg

Seems to be hit or miss for me. Darker objects seem to freak it out more.

Also if I take a picture in a completely dark room it doesn't work.

Edited by 18.4009

Guest GodDriven
Here are a few pics I took in a semi lighted room.

Seems to be hit or miss for me. Darker objects seem to freak it out more.

Thank You I have been trying to explain this with others for a very long time.

These pictures prove our theories.. Thanks.. Thanks..

Edited by GodDriven

Guest YosiZ

Hi!

I just installed this rom and it realy looks great!!

i wanted to ask how can i install the nexus gallery and phone\contacts application with or instead of the Sense apps?

and it seems that the flash in the browser is not working, why?

thanks for your help!

Guest Scott Ricketts
Thank You I have been trying to explain this with others for a very long time.

These pictures prove our theories.. Thanks.. Thanks..

Ditto. Low / No light and it's still farked.

Uh, I think you accidently removed the gallery application in the prebake(A16).

Not accidental, deliberate - it's not part of the standard Desire ROM, so it doesn't really make sense for it to be in the prebake by default.

P

Guest GodDriven
Flying from Alpha 16 to RC1 I love it! Can't wait!

Hey Skydart..

One Thing.. Sorry First of all.. Your right.. I should tone down my ways.. Less talki more worki..

Okay, did you disable the flash completly. when you did your shots..

try covering the light sensor.. I did and this helped in light places but with a dark shot being pointed to..

Then without.. I saw it's a sensor issue. Like it's not letting enough light in when flash is enabled.

but Hey RC1 is around the corner.. LOL..

Edited by GodDriven

Guest k2bk2bk2b
Possible Bug?

I also get a lot of 'message not sent errors' even when my signal strength is perfect.

Sometimes, the messages will finally be sent after a while and sometimes not. Its pretty sporadic.

NOTE: I'm using the Nexus messaging app NOT the HTC Sense one. I also have the latest Radio installed.

Does anyone else experience this?

same problem, friends usually end up receiving a couple of same sms.

narrowed it down to having to lose my network signal 1st (especially when at office lift)

once signal is connected immidiately send the msg, it will prompt message not sent.

Note: A15 with HTC messaging app with 4.04 radio too.

Guest Dean Lovell

A16

Maps force closes, tried dloading from the market and get the unsigned error. Camera working the same as others posted, not in low/no light. Animations slight glitched after unlock(sunlight not sure about cloudy one)

Edited by Dean Lovell

Guest skydart
Hey Skydart..

One Thing.. Sorry First of all.. Your right.. I should tone down my ways.. Less talki more worki..

Okay, did you disable the flash completly. when you did your shots..

try covering the light sensor.. I did and this helped in light places but with a dark shot being pointed to..

Then without.. I saw it's a sensor issue. Like it's not letting enough light in when flash is enabled.

but Hey RC1 is around the corner.. LOL..

No worries, GodDriven.

I did cover the flash sensor, and still the same issue. When I disable the flash, obviously, it won't flash ;-) Pictures look great but not in darkness. I'm not in any rush to resolve this now, I just wanted to point out that I don't think that it's completely fixed just yet. Paul says that there is hope in the RC, (which hopefully will come sometime soon, maybe this weekend? We can only hope ;-)

Guest 18.4009
A16

Maps force closes, tried dloading from the market and get the unsigned error. Camera working the same as others posted, not in low/no light. Animations slight glitched after unlock(sunlight not sure about cloudy one)

Something may have botched during the upgrade to A16. I went from 15 to 16 and maps works flawless.

Guest jlevy73

For those wanting/needing Bluetooth, try using a different kernel than the one being used in this alpha release. For example, I am using an overclocked/undervoltage kernel and bluetooth is 10x better with it. Still not perfect but a workable solution for the time being.

Guest muncheese
Not accidental, deliberate - it's not part of the standard Desire ROM, so it doesn't really make sense for it to be in the prebake by default.

P

Oh, fair enough. =D

I figured the options in the kitchen screen cap matched the prebake, is that the case or..?

edit: Guess you just changed the defaults, yo sly dog you!

Edit 2:

bug: The camera on footprints is rotated 90 degrees. Holding the phone vertically shows the image rotated to the left.

Edited by muncheese

Guest Dean Lovell
Do HTML images show now in email? Can't upload this until later on today, I'm at work with another phone.

yes they show as far as i can tell, atleast from my inbox for hotmail.