MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest xrEminiscex
Paul is setting up the prebake as the "default desire rom" meaning, it's gonna be the htc equivalents for alot of things. Gallery 2.1 replaced by Photos, Car Home replaced by Navigator, all the default 2.1 bits replaced by HTC bits, etc.

Uninstall maps, settings>programs>google maps, then download maps from the market, you should be good.

ok thank u. so basically if i wanted the gallery i need to bake a rom

Guest GodDriven
ok thank u. so basically if i wanted the gallery i need to bake a rom

For ANYTHING that deals with N1 material Yes, Paul is going to lock this to only STOCK Desire and Then Goodies can be Baked, Plus Custom Ingredients..

As Pre-Bakes will be only Stock..

So.. Put on the Hat, Break out the Apron, and BAKE.. Bake on..!

Edit: READ POST 3051 If you LIKE and LOVE the Physical Desire..

Edited by GodDriven

Guest t2abousa

the desire has the same radio hardware as the euro hero, right? my euro hero was unlocked but it still wouldnt do t-mobile 3g. I cant see it working here on tmobile.. hope im wrong

Guest cortez
http://www.htcsimunlock.com/htc-desire-unlock.html < Found How to make it support US 3G Bands - Before US Release..! <<<<<<<< Get Ready to see the UK Desire in the US.. Yes.. Just research and they shall find YOU!.. LOL..
"SIM" unlock and will not open the phone 3G Bands for use on T-Mobile US 3G. it will only allow you to use the phone with another GSM carrier. feel free to correct me if i'm wrong. :)

Guest allareconnected

I am using the 1.1 ghz hack on my n1 with modao cyanogen 5.4.1... Can I use the overclock hack with the Desire 16 alpha? I tried once and it seemed I lost it... Thanks!

Guest GodDriven
"SIM" unlock and will not open the phone 3G Bands for use on T-Mobile US 3G. it will only allow you to use the phone with another GSM carrier. feel free to correct me if i'm wrong. :)

I agree with Cortez after some review.. Guess I was a lil excited. But.. maybe... just maybe.. someone can set this right. Can it be used. I mean I've found almost everything we need. The desire is rooted. Wired/wireless tether works. I mean its ready. The US RELEASE is right around the corner, I was just trying to CUT A CORNER here and hopefully avoid a wait with full functionally.

On well.. Cortez.. I guess its time to be patient.

Maybe P, can set something up..

Guest GodDriven
Same Here....

A17 2morrow on desire release. Then finally. RC1.

P, noted. All is well after.

BT might be an issue.. he asked for thoughts... Any Anyone?

Guest PhonePersona
A17 2morrow on desire release. Then finally. RC1.

P, noted. All is well after.

BT might be an issue.. he asked for thoughts... Any Anyone?

Probably have some ideas after trying the RC Alpha :)

Guest cortez
I agree with Cortez after some review.. Guess I was a lil excited. But.. maybe... just maybe.. someone can set this right. Can it be used. I mean I've found almost everything we need. The desire is rooted. Wired/wireless tether works. I mean its ready. The US RELEASE is right around the corner, I was just trying to CUT A CORNER here and hopefully avoid a wait with full functionally.

On well.. Cortez.. I guess its time to be patient.

Maybe P, can set something up..

3G is controlled by the phone's radio hardware. example: the at&t Nexus One is using the ERE36B radio (software) which is the same as being used by some of us on the T-Mo Nexus One. i for one am still using ERE27; much better reception for me in my neck of the burbs.

Guest jlevy73
For ANYTHING that deals with N1 material Yes, Paul is going to lock this to only STOCK Desire and Then Goodies can be Baked, Plus Custom Ingredients..

As Pre-Bakes will be only Stock..

So.. Put on the Hat, Break out the Apron, and BAKE.. Bake on..!

Edit: READ POST 3051 If you LIKE and LOVE the Physical Desire..

Sorry to state my objection but in case no one has noticed, we have been mired in the worst economic conditions since the great depression. I know too many who have been without jobs for 18 months or more. You may say oh it's only $10 but try explaining that to those who have been unemployed. I could understand locking out some special features to paying members but to lock to Stock Desire seems doesn't right given the present circumstances. I hope that Paul will reconsider this as it just doesn't seem right IMO

Guest rimtp07
Sorry to state my objection but in case no one has noticed, we have been mired in the worst economic conditions since the great depression. I know too many who have been without jobs for 18 months or more. You may say oh it's only $10 but try explaining that to those who have been unemployed. I could understand locking out some special features to paying members but to lock to Stock Desire seems doesn't right given the present circumstances. I hope that Paul will reconsider this as it just doesn't seem right IMO

I agree. I've lost my job and i've been unemployed for quite some time. I would love to become an ad free member but I need every penny I get :)

Guest fuzzyshubert

How can you afford an N1 then? If you cannot afford $10. I believe he deserves to get paid for his hard work. Thanks, Paul!

Guest metatron
How can you afford an N1 then? If you cannot afford $10. I believe he deserves to get paid for his hard work. Thanks, Paul!

Indeed, he also has costs to bear, hosting servers and internet bandwidth isn't free either, let alone granting Paul the ability to put food on his own table.

New release! :)

P

Known Issues

• Bluetooth does not work reliably
  • FM Radio finds stations but does not produce any sound
  • Footprints camera view is rotated 90 degrees

Alpha 17

• This update is based on 1.15.405.3, which is the Desire shipping ROM
    • Completely rebuilt everything from the ground up - please report any issues not shown in the 'known issues' above
    • Reverted HTC IME to stock version
    • Prebaked download is now available with or without MoDaCo additions

Guest Sabiwa

Woooooot Paul you have been busy ..... updating now to see if it works good already, i think the previous alfa's were good all. I will give you my findings soon.

Update:

* FC on voice search when i unlock my simcard (twice), but not when i start the application later

Edited by Sabiwa