MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest cortez

for T-Moblie US users... i did some additional testing on my MMS challenges so I could rule out the phone/ROM as an issue and I was finally able to send/receive MMS messages using an APN with only the following entries:

NAME: TMUS

APN: epc.tmobile.com

MMSC: http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms

i did not make an entry for the remaining settings (read: all the other settings were left at their respective defaults). Once I made this change, selected the new APN as my default configuration, I was able to send & receive MMS messages and my data connection worked without issue (as it did before the change).

before making the above change, i performed an informal test swapping SIMs between my Nexus One and Xda Orbit2 and checking MMS and data connectivity. my observations are below:

1. with the T-Mobile SIM in my Orbit 2 xda, internet and MMS settings were automatically configured. I was able to send and receive MMS messages and access the internet without issue (albeit at EDGE speeds). this is where i got the MMS server configuration.
  2. with my at&t SIM in my Nexus One, internet and MMS settings were automatically configured. I was able to send/receive MMS messages and access the internet without issue (albeit at EDGE speeds).
  3. i was disappointed that the Nexus One couldn't use the T-Mobile SIM to automatically configure the internet/MMS settings like it did with the at&t SIM. if the Nexus One can configure internet/MMS settings with the at&t SIM, why can't it do the same with the T-Mobile SIM? i'm sure there's a simple reason for this behavior.
the point of my post is to let others know that the above settings may work for you if MMS is an important feature. if you try the settings please post your results.

Guest jlevy73
for T-Moblie US users... i did some additional testing on my MMS challenges so I could rule out the phone/ROM as an issue and I was finally able to send/receive MMS messages using an APN with only the following entries:

NAME: TMUS

APN: epc.tmobile.com

MMSC: http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms

i did not make an entry for the remaining settings (read: all the other settings were left at their respective defaults). Once I made this change, selected the new APN as my default configuration, I was able to send & receive MMS messages and my data connection worked without issue (as it did before the change).

before making the above change, i performed an informal test swapping SIMs between my Nexus One and Xda Orbit2 and checking MMS and data connectivity. my observations are below:

1. with the T-Mobile SIM in my Orbit 2 xda, internet and MMS settings were automatically configured. I was able to send and receive MMS messages and access the internet without issue (albeit at EDGE speeds). this is where i got the MMS server configuration.
  2. with my at&t SIM in my Nexus One, internet and MMS settings were automatically configured. I was able to send/receive MMS messages and access the internet without issue (albeit at EDGE speeds).
  3. i was disappointed that the Nexus One couldn't use the T-Mobile SIM to automatically configure the internet/MMS settings like it did with the at&t SIM. if the Nexus One can configure internet/MMS settings with the at&t SIM, why can't it do the same with the T-Mobile SIM? i'm sure there's a simple reason for this behavior.
the point of my post is to let others know that the above settings may work for you if MMS is an important feature. if you try the settings please post your results.

Nice discovery there. I will give it a shot and report back with findings.

Guest eljamz

Thanks P for this awsome ROM, here is the config for the apn in Telcel "Mexico" for the new N1 AT&T.

APN FOR Telcel in Mexico Only!!!!

Name: TELCEL

APN: internet.itelcel.com

Username: webgprs

Password: webgprs2002

Thanks again for this awsome ROM!

Edited by eljamz

Guest Thetechnogeek

Just thought I'd compile a quick bug list before I swap back to MCR2.0:

- Can't send SMS's of >160 characters

- MP4 video (sometimes) shows a white screen, sound but no video

- No mic button in HTC keyboard

- Charging/charged light behaviour is unpredictable

- Soft button lights are unpredictable

- Screen off when on call feature (proximity sensor) no longer supported for some apps (eg Truphone)

- APN not autopopulating for some people

- FC when opening messages from notification bar for some users

- Bluetooth

- Gesture searches bring up the relevant contact in address book, but then selecting contact gives "contact not found" error message

For me, the biggest issue is the SMS one- reminds me of all the hassle we HD2 users had with never knowing whether our SMS'es were sent or not. The APN thing is a non-issue if you're outside the US, where manually adding APNs is de rigeur for any new ROMS

Hope this helps for the next alpha. Please please please fix the SMS issue :)

Edited by Thetechnogeek

Guest DagsJT

Is it just me or is People broken?

I've added two contacts now, and neither show up in my "All" list and I can only access them through my "Favourites" menu. Deleting them from "Favourites" means I'll only find them in my "Call History", where I can re-add them to "Favourites" to get them back into my phonebook.

Contacts have been added as a Google option but they're not syncing with my Gmail account either and I can't even find them in my "Favourites" in Gmail despite running a manual sync.

Anyone else with the same problem or advice?

Guest goxboxlive
Actually, I don't have the HTC Calendar widget either. And I baked mine in the kitchen as well.

I didnt bake mine in the kitchen.

I just downloaded the from the link. Though i wiped before dflashing.

gox.

Guest aegdawson

I've got a weard one. I received a couple of SMS from my provider and they show up as sms-es from a contact I have in Facebook even though the sending number is not the same... :-|

Camera flash works well :-)

Guest JimmyFraser

Not sure if these bugs have been noted...

I did a full wipe before coming to this rom..

The camera is working fine etc.

Bug #1

The browser sometimes just closes while im using it, has happened about four times and no It was not from me bumping my finger on a capacative button

the third time it did it I had the phone sitting on the table reading a site while I was eating my lunch..

Bug #2

Slow down, this was not apparent to me on the previous alpha's. If I use the browser watch some vids on youtube, listern to some music etc the phone everntually starts to lag and it becomes worse and worse the more you start using apps. This was evident on my HTC Magic and used to run Advanced task killer to fix it, since owning a nexus though Ive felt there was no need for it since the extra ram seemed to stop the slow down and dont want to start using it again. is anyone else experiencing this?

Edit: I just experienced a slow down and installed advanced task manager, setup my keep alive list and set to 1 hour and phone has been super fast but still prefer to have my favorite apps reside in memory..

In any case WELL DONE PAUL!!! YOU ARE DOING AMAZING WORK!!!!

Edited by JimmyFraser

Guest johnluckey

I have the SMS problem too, if it's too long it fails. Other than that I really haven't had any problems but I can't test anything that uses data.

Guest k2bk2bk2b
I've got a weard one. I received a couple of SMS from my provider and they show up as sms-es from a contact I have in Facebook even though the sending number is not the same... :-|

Camera flash works well :-)

For Any sms issues, especially for wrong sms in wrong contact, its best to remove/delete all previous sms and try. it will solve the issue.

Most APN i believe would need to be set manually. (for me yes. Singapore telco)

Guest johnluckey
For Any sms issues, especially for wrong sms in wrong contact, its best to remove/delete all previous sms and try. it will solve the issue.

Thats a good point, after the wipe and initial load the ROM asked me if I wanted to load a previous config on my SD so I said "YES". All my past SMS's were there with alot of other settings. After I did it I realized I should probably have said no. Oh well, I'll re-flash when bluetooth is fixed. The rest of the Rom works pretty well.

Guest damniatx

i have this issue too. :|

Guest AndrewTan
Bug #2

Slow down, this was not apparent to me on the previous alpha's. If I use the browser watch some vids on youtube, listern to some music etc the phone everntually starts to lag and it becomes worse and worse the more you start using apps. This was evident on my HTC Magic and used to run Advanced task killer to fix it, since owning a nexus though Ive felt there was no need for it since the extra ram seemed to stop the slow down and dont want to start using it

I facing the slow down issue as well after a period of time using it, then I install the advance task killer and it seems like it suck up lots of memory quite fast. Sometimes kill the background task do solved it, some times not and then popping up everywhere FC, and the only solution is to restart the phone.

Above issue didn't occured in alpha 16 or 15.

The SMS issue is happen as well.

Overall this ROM is smooth but it fast get lagging symptom.

I already flash over to CM 5.0.5 now and it is briliant speedly.

The desire still in alpha stage, will flash back once all major (for me) is solved, like slowdown after a period time using, bluetooth, live wallpaper run perfectly on it.

I not sure whether the HTC sense live wallpaper causing it or not as I notice once I install it at CM 5.0.4.1 ROM or Modaco 2.0 ROM it will happen slow down symptom on Menu even I not using it.

I no longer install back the sense live wallpaper this time in CM 5.0.5. Sense live wallpaper is cool and the most beauty live wallpaper I seen, but the slow down symptom is a no go for it. Wish future this issue could be solve as I love it so much.

Edited by AndrewTan

Guest parrmani

I'v seen more issues with this Alpha then 15 & 16 some major ones for me:

My Camera app has not worked since flashing to 17, it just force closes, Camcorder works fine but when recording has an awful static noise in the backround.

Battery Life has become much worse!

Messaging bug, it won't send txts 160 or above

When on a call, my call in waiting notification is this awful noise.

Guest Docmjldds
After I installed A17 yesterday, I conducted a number of tests using the Google Voice client and integration does work.

Either by telling GV to make all calls, ask you if you want to use it for all calls, or only international calls...you get the gist.

I tested it out by:

1. Calling a nearby phone directly from my N1 (sniff...RIP) - My Google number appeared on the caller ID

2. Making an international call. GV took over and although the little graphic that says "this call is being handled by Google Voice" didn't appear, it definitely did switch over because GV told me how much the call would cost before completing the call.

OK. I discovered by accident that GV has been working perfectly. My bad was testing this with 7 digit dialing. All of my contacts ARE 10 digit dialing, but for quick testing, I was only typing in a 7 digit number. When I made a call using my directory, the GV text box offering to complete the call with Google Voice or Not popped up as it should and Voila, it worked. Go figure :)

Guest AndrewTan
I'v seen more issues with this Alpha then 15 & 16 some major ones for me:

My Camera app has not worked since flashing to 17, it just force closes, Camcorder works fine but when recording has an awful static noise in the backround.

Battery Life has become much worse!

Messaging bug, it won't send txts 160 or above

When on a call, my call in waiting notification is this awful noise.

You need to full wipe before flashing the alpha 17 ROM. Once full wipe, the camera issue will gone and it run brilliantly than any previous alpha ROM.

Guest Anielk77

using the alpha 17, when connecting to the PC (win7 x64(dont think this should be the problem) no popup message or message to connect te phone to pc?

what happend?

Guest Anielk77
you have to use "Mount USB" in your programsmenu.

Thanks. Phew!!!

now it is a really great app! :)

any possibility to install app2sd on it? then I'm really happy with it! I must say it is looking far more better then the google nexus one standard thing

Guest Bay Harbor Butcher

I have great issues with sms..Alpha17 doesn't send a lot of them and sometimes they arrive from another sender..

I think I come back to alpha16 or to Cyano until it becomes a beta version..

Anyway,Paul thank you for what you already did..

Guest roid_x
It's cool not many know this..

Use your SD explorer, like Astro, Root Explerer ;) etc..

Locate the folder titled 'DCIM', in there, there are sub folders named.. 100ANDRO, 100 MEDIA, and finally Camera..

They are stored there..

Welcome.. :)

I find the reason,because antostarts disabled media storage...

Thanks ~~~

Edited by roid_x

Guest aegdawson

Good point!... I did restore from a Titanium backup after wipe and flash so it's not unreasonable that some internal keys etc. would be mixed up. After first booting up post wipe, flash and Titanium restore I did experience a bunch of FCs and some instability but this quickly cleared up after a couple of reboots and re-running the apps in question. I expect most of this is due to the same reason... i.e. stuff that doesn't quite match up.

Overall its really a great ROM. Would be nice to have the mic on the keyboard again and the Bluetooth sorted but overall even as it stands I think its way better than the stock ROM.

Cheers,

T

Guest cortez
.....Would be nice to have the mic on the keyboard again and the Bluetooth sorted but overall even as it stands I think its way better than the stock ROM.

Cheers,

T

see Post #3464 for options on the keyboard w/mic